2024 Season Rankings Thread

If it wasn't for Covid Gino would still be our coach because we would of went to Omaha and would of had a really good chance to win the whole thing. How quickly people forget that.
I was so pumped for that pitching unit. Stole that season from us. Smh

Advertisement
That can be the case, but with Gino we won ball games. JD has also hired 2 assistance who's only job is analytics. I posted about this 3 months ago in the forums. In my opinion you might have something personal against JD, the man hasn't even coached one game and you're calling him a failure and unqualified. Who was Miami going to hire? you make it seem like this is a tier1 job? this is 2024 not 1999. It is very expensive to play baseball at the University of Miami.
Gino won a lot of regular season games. If that’s the standard, so be it. If it’s too expensive to attend school here, why does the program rack up top five recruitng class year after year? You can’t possibly be at a disadvantage when you’re getting better talent than most every other program.
I don’t have anything personal against JD, I’m just disgusted by the nepotism. It was a perfect opportunity to bring in a program builder. We chose a career pitching coach that still teaches the towel drill and hasn’t ever been tried to be hired from another program that anyone knows of. Telling.

I was so pumped for that pitching unit. Stole that season from us. Smh
and who was the guy that recruited that pitching staff..... We are very quick as a society to live in the present and forget the past. All we can do as fans is believe lol

Gino won a lot of regular season games. If that’s the standard, so be it. If it’s too expensive to attend school here, why does the program rack up top five recruitng class year after year? You can’t possibly be at a disadvantage when you’re getting better talent than most every other program.
I don’t have anything personal against JD, I’m just disgusted by the nepotism. It was a perfect opportunity to bring in a program builder. We chose a career pitching coach that still teaches the towel drill and hasn’t ever been tried to be hired from another program that anyone knows of. Telling.
You're telling half truths here which is very misleading. Yes we have top5 classes, what happens after all those guys go to the draft? we end up middle of the pack 10-15. You are right that we win a lot of regular season games, but you don't factor in the 2020 season, which would of been an Omaha trip. You still haven't told me who we should of hired as our coach. Im open to debating but you're not telling the full truth

JD wasn’t my first choice. Wasn’t even a top 10 choice. But I’m willing to give him a shot, and I really do like the staff he hired. Laz, Fenster, bringing Cooper in, etc. Need to give him a couple years and see how he does.

Advertisement
You're telling half truths here which is very misleading. Yes we have top5 classes, what happens after all those guys go to the draft? we end up middle of the pack 10-15. You are right that we win a lot of regular season games, but you don't factor in the 2020 season, which would have been an Omaha trip. You still haven't told me who we should have hired as our coach. Im open to debating but you're not telling the full truth
Every single school that has top recruiting classes loses guys to the draft. It’s the cost of doing business, so who’s telling half truths? The Covid season is not a factor because it never happened. Lots of teams with poetential got screwed over. You can’t pencil in a hypothetical, especially when Gino was at the helm.

If it wasn't for Covid Gino would still be our coach because we would have went to Omaha and would have had a really good chance to win the whole thing. How quickly people forget that.
Wow. Does his post season record in every other year lead you to believe that?

You're telling half truths here which is very misleading. Yes we have top5 classes, what happens after all those guys go to the draft? we end up middle of the pack 10-15. You are right that we win a lot of regular season games, but you don't factor in the 2020 season, which would have been an Omaha trip. You still haven't told me who we should have hired as our coach. Im open to debating but you're not telling the full truth

This guaranteed Omaha team you speak off was swept and embarrassed by UF at home just 2 weeks before COVID ended the season.

Advertisement
Carolina just lost their Friday guy for the season. Big loss. That staff and Honeycutt was gonna carry them pretty far.

11.7 pod did a way to early forecast. Put us as a 3 in Baton Rouge.

national writers don’t think much of us either. Very “meh” and wait and see type predictions.

Hopefully we play inspired and ****ed.

Advertisement
D1 has us finishing 4th in the Coastal and missing the tournament (the ACC gets 8 bids)

BA has us finishing 6th overall in the ACC (ahead of an NC State team they ranked)

D1 has us finishing 4th in the Coastal and missing the tournament (the ACC gets 8 bids)

BA has us finishing 6th overall in the ACC (ahead of an NC State team they ranked)
I think we will be a tournament team, but it is not a crazy prediction from D1.

Advertisement
Back