2024 Recruiting

Not sure what you mean? And why you're being a **** about it? I'm saying that ridiculous loss probably wouldn't influence a basketball recruit but I do remember people in this forum a few weeks back getting nervous about the football team playing A&m with Bethea in the building to see it. So why can't I point out how the football team completely ****ed up this past weekend and how I hope it didn't negatively affect recruits there watching it? Sheeesh. You're a **** dude.

Stop posting. Everyone is mad about the way football lost. You throwing a weird temper tantrum about a basketball recruit (who likely had already left the stadium) not picking Miami because Mario didnt take a knee is just dumb. **** it didnt even effect Ny Carr, a football recruit, and youre crying over a completely different sport?

Keep the football meltdown where it belongs. Dont bring that energy to a basketball program that is in great shape right now

Advertisement
Not sure what you mean? And why you're being a **** about it? I'm saying that ridiculous loss probably wouldn't influence a basketball recruit but I do remember people in this forum a few weeks back getting nervous about the football team playing A&m with Bethea in the building to see it. So why can't I point out how the football team completely ****ed up this past weekend and how I hope it didn't negatively affect recruits there watching it? Sheeesh. You're a **** dude.
**** off

Odds of Codie coming here are low, regardless of the football team.

He’s trending elsewhere plus we haven’t really recruited Texas well to my knowledge outside of Mac

Please name the poster that was concerned about a football result having any influence over a basketball recruiting decision

Stop posting. Everyone is mad about the way football lost. You throwing a weird temper tantrum about a basketball recruit (who likely had already left the stadium) not picking Miami because Mario didnt take a knee is just dumb. **** it didnt even effect Ny Carr, a football recruit, and youre crying over a completely different sport?

Keep the football meltdown where it belongs. Dont bring that energy to a basketball program that is in great shape right now
The logic is baffling. I mean, I guess it might have been a stretch if the crowd/student section were crummy and it made a recruit question overall fan interest in the athletic program, but the fact that he continues to double down on such a horrendous take is true brain smoothness.

Advertisement
Please name the poster that was concerned about a football result having any influence over a basketball recruiting decision
Hey *** hole.. Here is the poster who said football team better not **** up when Bethea was visiting. I wasn't being serious with my recent posts. Sarcasm and joking doesn't come off well in forums and texting clearly. But you became a **** so I got ****ed off at you. Yall being a bunch of ****s. I love the basketball team. Been a huge fan for 20 years back when Rice and Jones and Salmons were running the show. I love coach L and what he's done here. I was being facetious about the football team ******* up and costing us a recruit. Sheeesh!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231009_193859_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231009_193859_Chrome.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 0
Hey *** hole.. Here is the poster who said football team better not **** up when Bethea was visiting. I wasn't being serious with my recent posts. Sarcasm and joking doesn't come off well in forums and texting clearly. But you became a **** so I got ****ed off at you. Yall being a bunch of ****s. I love the basketball team. Been a huge fan for 20 years back when Rice and Jones and Salmons were running the show. I love coach L and what he's done here. I was being facetious about the football team ******* up and costing us a recruit. Sheeesh!
Ignore them. They're just being internet tough guys.

Advertisement
Except it clearly wasn't sarcasm and the fact that you are resorting to name calling is an obvious tell that you have your tail between your legs

Guys it is a real thing that the football game being a disaster negatively impacts the visit. Does the outcome of the game dictate the outcome of the visit and recruitment? Of course not. But does a game/loss like that help the energy/experience of his time in Miami? Not exactly.

I guarantee that the football game experience was helpful for Bethea. It wasn’t why he committed, but it definitely improved the experience of the visit.

Anyway… we’ll see but the visit definitely didn’t go the way a Miami basketball fan - even one who doesn’t care about football - would have wanted or hoped.

Advertisement
Guys it is a real thing that the football game being a disaster negatively impacts the visit. Does the outcome of the game dictate the outcome of the visit and recruitment? Of course not. But does a game/loss like that help the energy/experience of his time in Miami? Not exactly.

I guarantee that the football game experience was helpful for Bethea. It wasn’t why he committed, but it definitely improved the experience of the visit.

Anyway… we’ll see but the visit definitely didn’t go the way a Miami basketball fan - even one who doesn’t care about football - would have wanted or hoped.
Well said.

Imagine Duke, UNC, Kansas, or Louisville fans back in the day resorting to their football program as an excuse why they weren't able to land a 5-star recruit? Whether our original poster meant it as a tongue in cheek slight or was serious about his assertion, it was a dubious comment nonetheless. The outcome of a football game has zero impact on whether a basketball recruit will commit or not. And that's the bottom line. GO CANES!

Advertisement
Tough to call someone a "good rim protector" when they averaged less than a block per game. He got better at it through out his 6 years at Miami, but I think he was adequate at best.
He averaged 1.3 bpg his last year, 1.1 the year before. That's a good rim protector. Nobody is saying he's ****mbe mutumbo but that's pretty solid.

He averaged 1.3 bpg his last year, 1.1 the year before. That's a good rim protector. Nobody is saying he's ****mbe mutumbo but that's pretty solid.
Good rim protectors usually average a couple of blocks per game or close to it. The great rim protectors average a few. Saying a big man with a career high average of 1.3 bpg is good, is the equivalent of saying a starting 2 guard who scored 8 ppg is a good scorer. As I stated in the initial post, Sam gradually got better at it and became adequate. Not good. Not bad.

Good rim protectors usually average a couple of blocks per game or close to it. The great rim protectors average a few. Saying a big man with a career high average of 1.3 bpg is good, is the equivalent of saying a starting 2 guard who scored 8 ppg is a good scorer. As I stated in the initial post, Sam gradually got better at it and became adequate. Not good. Not bad.
He was top ~150 nationally in block % in his last season and top ~250 in his 2nd to last season. We switched a lot his final season so his numbers would've been even higher in a more conventional defense.

He was not a great rim protector, but he was pretty good by the time he left here.

He was top ~150 nationally in block % in his last season and top ~250 in his 2nd to last season. We switched a lot his final season so his numbers would've been even higher in a more conventional defense.

He was not a great rim protector, but he was pretty good by the time he left here.
Never heard of any player, in any sport, being top 150 or 200 in a statistical category and being labeled as good in that statistic. You say Sam was a pretty good rim protector. The other guy said Sam was a good rim protector. I think Sam was adequate at best. Was an okay shot blocker. Last thing I want to do is come across as disparaging or unappreciative of Sam's time at Miami. I'll just end it by saying my definition of "good" is probably just a little higher than some of you. GO CANES!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back