2024 Recruiting

Advertisement
We currently have 2 spots open and 3 guys committed. No seniors on this roster but we could possibly lose Cleveland, Wooga, Omier, and Pack after this year. I'd assume get one more high school guy then hit the portal if need be.

We currently have 2 spots open and 3 guys committed. No seniors on this roster but we could possibly lose Cleveland, Wooga, Omier, and Pack after this year. I'd assume get one more high school guy then hit the portal if need be.

Why not take 5 HS guys and hit the transfer portal if anyone transfers out?

Advertisement
Because L loves using the portal. What other high school guys do we legit have a shot with? Rooths is visiting along with Jones and Codie in October.
The portal allows you to keep adding veteran talent to help bring along the young recruits, L has done a masterful job of adding 1-2 high quality transfers each year or so to help bring "balance to the force" so to speak! look at each year we've done well in the tourney, they all have something in common, transfer kids who play at a high major level on O and D and aren't looking out for just themselves. Guys like Shane, Sheldon, Angel, Charlie, Nigel, Jordan etc...

Because L loves using the portal. What other high school guys do we legit have a shot with? Rooths is visiting along with Jones and Codie in October.

By the way, the Jones visit might have been canceled. His name was removed from the visitor list on ON3. However, in my opinion, if you can land two more top-50 players (Rooths & Codie) this year, you would have to take them. Then, if someone from the Watson, George, Robinson, or Djobet group leaves, you fill those spots with a transfer.

What's wrong with calling out one of the biggest POS here? He went from being Mr Positive to embarrassing himself with his negative nonsense during the most enjoyable time as a Miami bball fan.
We've all witnessed his transformation. But is it necessary to have multiple posts every page on the basketball board to be filled with the same spam? I'm here to get valuable information and to have constructive discussions whether I agree or disagree with others on the board.

Advertisement
Thanks. That's when the real celebration should break out. He's basically still fair game until then.
No doubt it ain’t over til the ink is dry.

That said, L is real careful (even more so today) to recruit really high character kids. By all accounts this kid is a good one on and off the court. A flip would be really surprising.

Also commitments generally mean more in basketball than football.

No doubt it ain’t over til the ink is dry.

That said, L is real careful (even more so today) to recruit really high character kids. By all accounts this kid is a good one on and off the court. A flip would be really surprising.

Also commitments generally mean more in basketball than football.
All true. I guess any pessimism I have (not much) is really only based on the excellence of this recruit. Not your normal catch which means the jilted schools are not likely to just throw up their hands and give up.

And you're right about basketball not being the recruiting freakshow football is. That board is full of posts about trying to still get after committed recruits.

Advertisement
All true. I guess any pessimism I have (not much) is really only based on the excellence of this recruit. Not your normal catch which means the jilted schools are not likely to just throw up their hands and give up.

And you're right about basketball not being the recruiting freakshow football is. That board is full of posts about trying to still get after committed recruits.

Oh I get it and there’s no comfort until the NLI is signed.

But the thing about this class is it’s not just Bethea. You got another top 40 kid and another rising 4 star. And more visits coming.

We were a final four team last year and we are entering this year as a top 10 type of team.

Bethea is coming here because we are now a program that is a legit destination for elite recruits.

Feels weird and amazing and scary, but it’s the truth.

Advertisement
Been reading a few other Message Boards I follow and saw a comment about Bethea being impressive but having a cringe-worthy looking shot. My mind immediately went to 4 star/5 star disaster Earl Timberlake.

Anyone seen film on Bethea's shot, or even better, seen him in person?

Been reading a few other Message Boards I follow and saw a comment about Bethea being impressive but having a cringe-worthy looking shot. My mind immediately went to 4 star/5 star disaster Earl Timberlake.

Anyone seen film on Bethea's shot, or even better, seen him in person?
Have you not watched his film?

Advertisement
Back