2024 Recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Next week on Tues or Wed
If he is indeed a Miami "lean," the next 3-4 days will be when our competition goes all out to pressure him out of coming here. I don't envy highy-sought after players like Jalil. Between the other recruiters and the parents and kid possibly having two minds ...

If he is indeed a Miami "lean," the next 3-4 days will be when our competition goes all out to pressure him out of coming here. I don't envy highy-sought after players like Jalil. Between the other recruiters and the parents and kid possibly having two minds ...

It's either us or Kansas, and Kansas sources are pretty confident he'll pick Miami.

Advertisement
From reading this article, he had a lot more to say about Miami than any other school. We got paragraphs. They got 1 maybe 2 sentences haha. Getting this kid would be huge!
If he is not committing to UM after that interview then he is trolling us as well as we have ever been trolled in the history of trolls. I know nothing is over until it is over but we are clearly financially solvent. This young man will have NIL worth 500k at a minimum. Don’t forget that KU is paying Hunter ****inson, ther Michigan transfer, $2 million.
Coach L with a strong NIL budget and his coaching skills and now the team’s success is top 5 in the country in terms of recruiting.

If he is not committing to UM after that interview then he is trolling us as well as we have ever been trolled in the history of trolls. I know nothing is over until it is over but we are clearly financially solvent. This young man will have NIL worth 500k at a minimum. Don’t forget that KU is paying Hunter ****inson, ther Michigan transfer, $2 million.
Coach L with a strong NIL budget and his coaching skills and now the team’s success is top 5 in the country in terms of recruiting.
Facts dude. Big time troll job if he does not choose us. With him and Swartz that's a great recruiting class already. Mixed in with the freshman and sophomores his year who should develop a lot thru the season and off season. Plus if any of the big 4 come back next year, things could continue to be fun (I can't see Cleveland or Pack going pro after this season, but Omier and Wooga for sure could). I'd love all of them back! Hahaha.

When it rains in pours!!! (Ruiz stock today--->)
1694836641298.png

It seems like all but a lock. Hopefully there are no last minute surprises.

Advertisement
Still too early to tell because ratings/rankings can change over the course of the high school season. However, as of right now he looks to be the highest rated recruit Miami has ever gotten. Off the top only 5-star guys I know that signed with Miami coming out of high school were Darius Rice, Dequan Jones, and Lonnie Walker. Dewan Hernandez (fka Huell) was a McDonald's All-American so he might have also been a 5-star.
Luke Barnes and Steve Edwards probably in there but that could be before the star system

My sense is he is definitely not trolling us. His parents also appear to be well grounded.

Advertisement
Two things. First, he's not trolling us. Rob Brown (Team Final Director) would never allow it to happen.

Secondly, although our recruiting tentacles have improved drastically over the last couple of years, unfortunately we're still not top 5 in the country. Despite the run we've had over the last 2 years, blue bloods (Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, etc.) still sit at the top. After them you have the usual suspects, which are schools like USC, Memphis, Oregon, etc. Don't get me wrong. Canes have made tremendous progress in the recruiting landscape nationally. Would venture to say in the top 20. Probably somewhere between 10-15 maybe. Just don't think we've catapulted into the top 5 yet.

Luke Barnes and Steve Edwards probably in there but that could be before the star system
Crazy I forgot about those two. Sad that neither one was able to reach their full potential. Lucas Barnes was highly regarded coming out of HS. If I remember correctly, one recruiting service even had him in the top 5 nationally. Don't think he was a McDonald's All-American though. Super athletic. Had superstar potential written all over him. Unfortunately, immaturity, bad decisions, and being surrounded by the wrong people did him in. Probably the most athletic HS player I've ever seen after Vince Carter.

Stevie on the other hand was the complete opposite of Lucas in the sense that Edwards was surrounded by family and an inner circle that had him heading to stardom. He never reached his full potential because of sheer bad luck. It wasn't his doing. Was never the same player after he tore his knee playing pickup ball on campus. Up until that point, looked to be a future NBA player. Was polished & poised beyond his years. One of the best outside shooters I've seen come out of the 305.

Advertisement
Back