2024 Recruiting

Advertisement
Two Florida kids have visits scheduled soon. Rakease Passmore this weekend, and Ryan Jones on 10/20

@King of Allapattah care to chime on these prospects and if Miami has a legit shot?
Ryan Jones is a skilled forward. He isn't the most athletic but he has good size and can shoot the rock. His skill set allows him to score from all 3 levels. He has been highly regarded since his freshmen year. Early on, he was a top 5-10 prospect but has battled injuries. I think that has set him back some in the eyes of the national pundits. Seems like every year he's had to fight through injuries. Hopefully, the injury bug is behind him. If so, don't be surprised if he moves up the rankings his senior year of HS.

I don't know too much about Passmore. Just know he's very athletic and raw, but can get to the rim with the best of them. Will put it on your head if given the chance. I believe he's from North Carolina originally.

Heard Passmore liked his Indiana visit a lot and they're on him hot & heavy. I'm not sure we'll get both guys but would be nice if we could get one of them.

With the Passmore visit being cancelled and the Bethea visit already done, it makes the most sense to go all in on Edgecombe at this point.
Go Big or Go Home.

Not trending well for the good guys on VJ. He's got some big time options going on at this point. His bag is going to be heavy!!

Advertisement
Wouldn’t that be Edgecombe? I don’t know where we stand there but I have to think pairing with a Bethea/Swartz backcourt helps quite a bit. Hope so.
Absolutely, Coach L and staff would want him. Pretty sure he's #1 on their board. Just not sure if we're gonna be able to get him in the fold. Doesn't matter who has him ranked where. The word is officially out on VJ and he's the #1 guy on just about everyone's board. Blue bloods, pro teams, agents, etc. Everyone's circling. Would be the biggest get in program history IF they were able to snatch him up.

Absolutely, Coach L and staff would want him. Pretty sure he's #1 on their board. Just not sure if we're gonna be able to get him in the fold. Doesn't matter who has him ranked where. The word is officially out on VJ and he's the #1 guy on just about everyone's board. Blue bloods, pro teams, agents, etc. Everyone's circling. Would be the biggest get in program history IF they were able to snatch him up.
We at least have a lot to sell to him right now.

Advertisement
King... What happened to my guy Jayden Williams out of Sanford, Florida? Step dad moved him around every year since he was in 7th grade. I thought he was going to be a top 10 kid. Any word on him?

@King of Allapattah

Advertisement
Advertisement
Whether they all come or not, UM basketball is certainly in the conversation with a LOT of big time recruits. We are being mentioned in the same breath as KU, UK and all the “blue blood” programs. Wow. Folks, we have been good before but this feels different. Maybe I am just a victim of the moment but I don’t recall ever having recruiting conversations about so many players this good. In the past it seemed like it was about 1 high rated recruit in a class and then finding the right 3 stars that L and staff can develop into more.

Whether they all come or not, UM basketball is certainly in the conversation with a LOT of big time recruits. We are being mentioned in the same breath as KU, UK and all the “blue blood” programs. Wow. Folks, we have been good before but this feels different. Maybe I am just a victim of the moment but I don’t recall ever having recruiting conversations about so many players this good. In the past it seemed like it was about 1 high rated recruit in a class and then finding the right 3 stars that L and staff can develop into more.
And I would still trust a Larranaga 3 star any day of the week, just clearly that much more exciting to be leading for nearly sure fire high level players

Advertisement
Back