2024 Recruiting

DeQuan was one of the all time player development fails. Shame on Haith for that… and so many other things.

I still think if DeQuan started under L he could have developed into a really special player. Haith just let the kid do whatever he wanted because he was a five star and did absolutely nothing to help him refine his game… totally criminal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DeQuan was a 5 star? Not doubting you at all but .... ludicrous for a Guard/Wing who couldn't hit the proverbial broadside of a barn to be able to get that high a rating. The raters must never have seen him do anything but drive and dunk.
Kid made the NBA and was a highlight reel. Shooting can be taught and mastered, athletics are God given. DQ was an on point 5 star prospect.

Kid made the NBA and was a highlight reel. Shooting can be taught and mastered, athletics are God given. DQ was an on point 5 star prospect.
He’d be the perfect small ball 4 in todays college basketball.

Like you said DQ was definitely a 5 star talent. If he was put in a situation where his athleticism, rebounding ability and defense would have been on full display in college he would have excelled.

He had a couple Sports Center dunks. Period. If shooting can be taught, he's a bad example to use to illustrate that.

In my experience, shooting can be improved but, if you don't have the feel or "touch," you're never gonna really be that good from distance. And, you usually can make that call on HS players before they leave HS.

With the 3 point shot more important to winning games than ever in college and pro ball, I'd never reallly want to take a perimeter player who doesn't already possess that rhythm and touch.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back