2024 Recruiting

I can’t see L handing out starting spots to a freshman in the recruiting process. He made Bruce and Lonnie earn it, he’ll make these guys do the same.

Everyone eats in L’s offense though. Even off the bench, there’s no reason these kids can’t be getting plenty of shot opportunities. He just isn’t going to allow any “volume scorers” given what we already have.

100000% L is not handing out starting spots in recruiting.

But he also jealously guards team dynamics and I don’t believe he would sign somebody who expects or expected to start without there being a real possibility for them to start.

Advertisement
there will be plenty of minutes next season

I just think we should temper our expectations on Bethea because L could do everything right and Bethea could still look at the roster and say he’s not walking into a starting role and choose to go elsewhere.

But it’s pretty awesome that Bethea is visiting us AFTER Kansas… Hope everybody on this board shows up Saturday and helps make an atmosphere that will impress the young man.

I just think we should temper our expectations on Bethea because L could do everything right and Bethea could still look at the roster and say he’s not walking into a starting role and choose to go elsewhere.

But it’s pretty awesome that Bethea is visiting us AFTER Kansas… Hope everybody on this board shows up Saturday and helps make an atmosphere that will impress the young man.
Correct. Its not always about how well you recruit a player. Kids and their families are not stupid about rosters.

Advertisement
Stupid F*****ing football team better play well

I don’t like the bball team being near them and risking cross contamination
I think they played pretty well. Big win vs a ranked team! The end sucked with the injury to Kam. But if Bethea was at the game, it was a great win and hopefully helps him coming here.

Advertisement
RE: RJ Luis

I mentioned him months back... Any idea why Laranaga didn't kick the tires on him? He's a Miami kid, attended Mt. Zion Prep. He balled out as a freshman at UMASS, then hit the portal. He committed to Slick Rick...

Statline:
Atlantic 10 All-Rookie Team
11.5 points
4.6 rebounds
46% shooting
36% from deep (as a freshman)

“RJ Luis is the guy who has the most ability of all of them because he can make people better,” Pitino said. “Six-seven, he knows how to pass, he can score, he can jump, he’s got the full gamut of ability.”

Generating NBA Buzz:

"49. RJ Luis (St. John's, SF, Sophomore)
Moving from UMass to St. John's, Luis could start to generate some NBA buzz by improving his three-point shot and pull-up. Without them, he still popped last season as a 6'7" scoring wing who can create his own shot inside the arc, slash to the rim and force turnovers on defense."

52nd (big board) and 52nd (mock pick)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I had to drop in on Phog Allen Field House when I had business at the University one summer. No hoops then but I do love the old traditional barns. The University is actually on a hill which might be the only hill in the otherwise rather flat State.
I believe a MIT professor did an experiment cooking pancakes and concluded that Kansas topographically is flatter than the average pancake (cooked 100+ pancakes and measured dimple/pore depth relative to the surface of the pancake).

Although that was told to me by a Husker so he could have been projecting…

Advertisement
Back