2024 Recruiting

Advertisement
Kansas -- it's really not that bad (a place)" says Jalil. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. OTOH, I'm sure the 38 KU alumni in the NBA is impressive to any high talent kid.

Oh, I've been to Lawrence and, despite what Jalil said, it is def in the middle of nowhere.

Advertisement
Kansas -- it's really not that bad (a place)" says Jalil. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. OTOH, I'm sure the 38 KU alumni in the NBA is impressive to any high talent kid.

Oh, I've been to Lawrence and, despite what Jalil said, it is def in the middle of nowhere.
try visiting in the middle of a blizzard and having 18000 cult followers chanting Rock Chalk.

try visiting in the middle of a blizzard and having 18000 cult followers chanting Rock Chalk.
I had to drop in on Phog Allen Field House when I had business at the University one summer. No hoops then but I do love the old traditional barns. The University is actually on a hill which might be the only hill in the otherwise rather flat State.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s between Miami and Kansas, that’s the last I was told. Hopefully Coach L knocks it out of the park this weekend, and it doesn’t hurt that he’s coming to the football game either.
Stupid F*****ing football team better play well

I don’t like the bball team being near them and risking cross contamination

It’s between Miami and Kansas, the last I was told. Hopefully, Coach L knocks it out of the park this weekend, and it doesn’t hurt that he’s coming to the football game, either.
I find it interesting Kansas is promising him a starting spot. Knowing Coach L, he's not going to promise Jalil that. Hopefully, this one works out better than Elmarco last year.

Also, I wonder if he knows Wooga since they are both from Philly.

FYI, Gicarri did not visit this past weekend.

Harris was scheduled to go to Miami this past weekend but did not make the trip due to another player's verbal commitment days prior to his scheduled visit.
Makes sense. We aren’t signing 2 shooting guards in the same class, and they won’t go to the same university.

Advertisement
L's offense doesn't really need a traditional PG. Most of his top guards have been CGs
True that L’s offense doesn’t use a traditional PG, but it’s an interesting thought experiment for next year. Do we think a frosh could start at point, potential transfer, or a returner.

Advertisement
True that L’s offense doesn’t use a traditional PG, but it’s an interesting thought experiment for next year. Do we think a frosh could start at point, potential transfer, or a returner.
Bensley should be back next year. I'll be watching this year to see if someone else, like Kyshawn or Jakai, be a PG of the future.

Bensley should be back next year. I'll be watching this year to see if someone else, like Kyshawn or Jakai, be a PG of the future.

I think we’re seriously in play for Bethea but I wonder how the numbers will work… Swartz is a top 50 kid who didn’t sign to ride the pine his freshman year.

We should be stacked next year at the 3 with Watson and George. Expect Wooga to be on an NBA roster next year… not sure about Pack but expect Bens back.

Bens is the age and experience that has been a lynchpin of L’s success… so I’d be surprised to see him displaced by a freshman.

It’s crazy because now we’re getting to the point of asking do we have enough playing time for all the available talent…

I think we’re seriously in play for Bethea but I wonder how the numbers will work… Swartz is a top 50 kid who didn’t sign to ride the pine his freshman year.

We should be stacked next year at the 3 with Watson and George. Expect Wooga to be on an NBA roster next year… not sure about Pack but expect Bens back.

Bens is the age and experience that has been a lynchpin of L’s success… so I’d be surprised to see him displaced by a freshman.

It’s crazy because now we’re getting to the point of asking do we have enough playing time for all the available talent…
Seriously. Our backcourt looks to be loaded.

I can’t see L handing out starting spots to a freshman in the recruiting process. He made Bruce and Lonnie earn it, he’ll make these guys do the same.

Everyone eats in L’s offense though. Even off the bench, there’s no reason these kids can’t be getting plenty of shot opportunities. He just isn’t going to allow any “volume scorers” given what we already have.

Advertisement
Back