2024 Recruiting

Wow I clearly remember you reaching out on this board about any connects in NY just last year…. Now he’s a consensus 5 star player with every offer in the country. What a year he’s had congrats
Yup you were here when i was just reaching out to see anything. Its crazy. Man the lil kid i would see when i go home walkin to play ball on the outside court in front of my house is big time.

Advertisement
Hes NOT from Long Island or new york at all.....HE IS FROM BIMINI, BAHAMAS.. GOOGLE WHERE THAT IS.

Forgive me. He is a Bahamian that resides in NY...

Bottom line: He lives in LI, and goes to school in LI, has been for a while. In the eyes of many, he's from New York.

Either way, it makes little difference as he is going to be a very difficult recruit to land. If he doesn't end up a Johnnie (most likely wont), I would prefer him under Coach L.

Why the caps? You upset?

Yup you were here when i was just reaching out to see anything. Its crazy. Man the lil kid i would see when i go home walkin to play ball on the outside court in front of my house is big time.

That's pretty ******* cool. I understand the passion now, lol.

Be proud. By all accounts, he's a solid kid.

Forgive me. He is a Bahamian that resides in NY...

Bottom line: He lives in LI, and goes to school in LI, has been for a while. In the eyes of many, he's from New York.

Either way, it makes little difference as he is going to be a very difficult recruit to land. If he doesn't end up a Johnnie (most likely wont), I would prefer him under Coach L.

Why the caps? You upset?
Naw not upset. Just got a rep for my lil island in the stream....and not Long Island.

He's only been in LI for a year...and they barely there they are all over the place for games.

St Johns is on the lower level of schools to watch out for there..Its the big name ones the blue bloods.

But imma keep on working mom lol but its ultimately gonna be his decision. They been paying attention to us and i keep telling em go where you can play early and develop

Naw not upset. Just got a rep for my lil island in the stream....and not Long Island.

He's only been in LI for a year...and they barely there they are all over the place for games.

St Johns is on the lower level of schools to watch out for there..Its the big name ones the blue bloods.

But imma keep on working mom lol but its ultimately gonna be his decision. They been paying attention to us and i keep telling em go where you can play early and develop
Agree with you wholeheartedly. VJ gotta go where he'll develop, play and gives him the best chance of going to the league. Hopefully, that's Miami.

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement

Ultimately it is his decision. But he couldn't go wrong playing for Pitino or Laranaga. I'm happy for you man. I can sense the pride, lol. It's oozing off the screen.

@gogeta4

Overview: Edgecombe has been on the rise for a year now, and this summer acted as an exclamation point on his impressive rise to prominence. One of the top pure athletes and gifted scorers in the 2024 class, the last few months have allowed him to shine as a rebounder and defender in addition to the reputation he’s built as a true three-level scorer capable of pouring it in from anywhere on the court. Rivals was a bit conservative with his ranking last time around, as it’s clear that the New York-based wing deserves to be closer to the top-10 than his current spot at No. 23. The summer he had running with Austin Rivers Southeast Elite ensured that.

Recruitment: Edgcombe has narrowed his list to include ten programs. Of that group, however, Duke, Miami, Alabama, St. John's and Michigan seem to be the most serious players. The NBA’s G League is also under consideration.

Last edited:
@gogeta4

Overview: Edgecombe has been on the rise for a year now, and this summer acted as an exclamation point on his impressive rise to prominence. One of the top pure athletes and gifted scorers in the 2024 class, the last few months have allowed him to shine as a rebounder and defender in addition to the reputation he’s built as a true three-level scorer capable of pouring it in from anywhere on the court. Rivals was a bit conservative with his ranking last time around, as it’s clear that the New York-based wing deserves to be closer to the top-10 than his current spot at No. 23. The summer he had running with Austin Rivers Southeast Elite ensured that.

Recruitment: Edgcombe has narrowed his list to include ten programs. Of that group, however, Duke, Miami, Alabama, St. John's and Michigan seem to be the most serious players. The NBA’s G League is also under consideration.
Just a hunch here but I’m gonna guess he’s either a Cane or going to St John’s

Just a hunch here but I’m gonna guess he’s either a Cane or going to St John’s

Sure hope so... Wouldn't want him anywhere else.

Pitino is hiring his old coach (Jay David / LUHI)... Let's see what happens.

SJU is also expecting a commit from a top 100 guard out of Jersey super soon - 6'6 and listed as a F.

Who knows how this recruitment shakes out.

Advertisement
Mannn.... With all these elite athletes in multiple sports originating out there, Miami needs to set up some clinics. Get on one of those private jets Mario, build the pipeline now!

Advertisement

Keep gettin' after it, man. You're our best hope!

Marcus Allen isn’t coming here
I'm hearing he's going to Missouri. I was told it's for a couple of reasons but biggest one being he's looking for early playing time and feels he's got a better chance getting it at Missouri.

Excuse my tardiness in passing along the info. Just realized he already committed. I'm in a 3rd world country right now and getting online isn't easy.

Advertisement
I'm hearing he's going to Missouri. I was told it's for a couple of reasons but biggest one being he's looking for early playing time and feels he's got a better chance getting it at Missouri.

Excuse my tardiness in passing along the info. Just realized he already committed. I'm in a 3rd world country right now and getting online isn't easy.

Early playing time for freshman is rare under Coach L at Miami. Almost none existent!
WiFi in parts of America is very tricky. 😂.

Advertisement
Back