2024 Recruiting

Closed out the summer evaluation period with a strong game against South Florida's SOH Elite. Has had a great summer playing with Southeast Elite (Central Florida based) and has clearly elevated himself into the "1 & done" talk. Also, at this point would be surprised if he's not selected for the McDonald's All-American game. Great move by him to go play with Coach Ricks.

Advertisement

EDGECOMBE MAKING FIVE-STAR CASE

(Photo: 247Sports)
In less than a year, 6-foot-5 wing VJ Edgecombe of Austin Rivers Southeast Elite and Glen Head (N.Y.) Long Island Lutheran has gone from totally unranked to No. 20 overall in the class of 2024. Based on his play in Las Vegas, his climb may not be done and he may be ready to take that next step to five-star status.

Edgecombe’s weekend started off slow making just 3-14 shots from the floor against Indiana Elite in a Friday morning game. From there on out, though, he was a stud. Over the course of his last five games of the weekend, Edgecombe averaged 23 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game while looking like the best wing player in the event.

Yes, he can still be a little streaky with his jumper and he can be turnover prone at times. But Edgecombe continues to improve in every aspect of his game at a rapid pace and his size, athleticism, body control and potential to be a defensive standout on top of his offensive prowess all suggest he’s earned a move up in the rankings. Edgecombe’s game and progress are quite similar to that of former Kansas guard Ben McLemore who became a lottery pick and has played over 550 games in the NBA.

Just last week, Edgecombe updated his recruitment with our Dushawn London and he appears to be in no rush to make a college decision.

Do we have any chance with Edgecombe?
Yea were the closest school to home.

But now we have other factors that will come in to play with all the big dogs circling.

I know i keep selling UM as much as i can.

@King of Allapattah the usual suspects are now circling so im guessing the nba talk like u stated is becoming a thing. All of it is coming fast so tryna see where folks heads in the fam is at with this.

Advertisement

But now we have other factors that will come in to play with all the big dogs circling.

@King of Allapattah the usual suspects are now circling so im guessing the nba talk like u stated is becoming a thing. All of it is coming fast so tryna see where folks heads in the fam is at with this.
Hopefully we have more to sell than just proximity to home.

Elite 8 and Final 4 appearances generating a ton of momentum for this program
Recent NBA success with Walker and Brown and 2 players drafted this year
ACC
Guard development
Etc

Advertisement
Advertisement
1690430215082.png

Advertisement

He's from Long Island, literally next door to Saint John's (Queens).

Consensus on the Johnnie forums think he's gonna be a tough pull - for anyone.

Wow I clearly remember you reaching out on this board about any connects in NY just last year…. Now he’s a consensus 5 star player with every offer in the country. What a year he’s had congrats

Advertisement
Back