2024 Recruiting

Advertisement
Why is accuracy perceived to be negative?
Which recruit has Irving been the lead recruiter on?
How many recruits from the Team Final program have committed to Miami since he joined the staff?

How’s our “total rebuild” going?

Cleveland, George, and Nwoko feel like pretty great additions. And as long as the two guys who explored the draft but didn’t get invited to the combine return… it should be one of the best “total rebuilds” of all time.

So maybe you were really being positive by saying this looks more like a total rebuild than a reload. Maybe?

How’s our “total rebuild” going?

Cleveland, George, and Nwoko feel like pretty great additions. And as long as the two guys who explored the draft but didn’t get invited to the combine return… it should be one of the best “total rebuilds” of all time.

So maybe you were really being positive by saying this looks more like a total rebuild than a reload. Maybe?

TBD.
Your record is 0-0.
Your excited about freshman who we don't know if Coach L will play yet.
Similar to how we were excited about Casey and Watson last year.
You expect another Final 4 run while my rebuild comment is based largely on the fact that Coach L has only made the NCAA Tournament 3 times in a row once at Miami.
The team (2017-18) who made that 3rd appearance had Bruce Brown, Lonnie Walker, Chris Lykes, Jaquan Newton and Dewan Huell to name a few players on it.
Does this current roster have that type of talent and experience under Coach L on it?
Regardless of how you feel personally, the analytics says this is a rebuild.
Sure, analytics can be wrong but you do need to at least understand the information.

He would probably do well at Miami.

Lil cuz gonna do well wherever. I been selling Miami to mom. I told a big time big time guy for um if yall get my drift in december about him, apparently my dad (rip) told him about cuz in November...... that big dog now would believe if we tell about a prospect in football or basketball

I got another cousin behind him too...hes playing in jacksonville now. Should see him get some offers throughout the year

Our island boys once placed over here do work..because we are so raw. Been playing on outside courts our whole life lol

TBD.
Your record is 0-0.
You expect another Final 4 run while my rebuild comment is based largely on the fact that Coach L has only made the NCAA Tournament 3 times in a row once at Miami.
The team (2017-18) who made that 3rd appearance had Bruce Brown, Lonnie Walker, Chris Lykes, Jaquan Newton and Dewan Huell to name a few players on it.
Does this current roster have that type of talent and experience under Coach L on it?
Sure, analytics can be wrong but you do need to at least understand the information.

Bro my record is calling L one of the best in the business in 2019 when you were porsting about how you knew better.

I can say with pretty much 100% confidence that you aren’t close to as good at your job as L is at his.

And you telling someone else they need to understand something is pretty much the richest irony available.

But keep up your schtick cause eventually you’ll be right about something… and then you can soak up all the message board glory of being a cynical skeptic who was right about some setback eventually happening.

Advertisement
TBD.
Your record is 0-0.

Also - we went to the final four last year and I’m still excited about Casey and Watson and I’m thankful that L coached and managed the roster last year exactly as he did to get us to the final four.

And no, I don’t expect another final four run. That is just plain dumb. But I am excited for another fun season of basketball that has the potential to go into the spring.

TBD.
Your record is 0-0.
Which analytics say this is a rebuild? Please provide them. If you're going to talk a big game about "information", you need to cite your sources.

The only 2024 analytics that I'm aware of this early are Bart Torvik, which currently has us 46th. That's a bubble team. Given how much we've overachieved vs. the analytics the past few years, it's not unreasonable to say that - as things stand today - we're looking at a 5-8 seed type of team at the moment. As we've seen, that's enough to get us to the 2nd weekend. That is FAR from a "rebuild".

But I'm curious, what "analytics" are you referring to? As usual, it sounds like you are poorly informed.

TBD.
Your record is 0-0.
Following up here. Can you provide the analytics you're referring to so that we can understand the information? Thanks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back