2024 Recruiting

More than likely but I have a heard a few interviews that at least led me to believe we have an outside shot. Boozer (pops) spoke very high about L, loves our campus, style of play. Might have just been fluff to satisfy Miami guys, he was high on Miami though. Says his kids want to set their own paths and he wouldn't stand in the way.
It's fluff. If Duke is in the hunt late, they are going there, period. I've seen this play out far too many times before. Now, if Miami manages to win a title next year or something, it could change, but local hoopers don't view Miami as a legitimate basketball program. They don't value that offer the way they do others, and it shows.

Advertisement
Ran into Coach L at the Adidas event today. We were watching the Team Loaded NC vs. Garner Road NC game (coached by ex NBA player Doug West). We chatted about the season and his NYC ties as the NY Gauchos were playing there too. Tracy McGrady’s team (Houston based) was on the court next to where we were. T-Mac still looks like he can help some NBA teams. Event was loaded to say the least.
All you had to say was Gauchos, and I knew that field was loaded. Amazing how many future College and NBA stars have worn that Gauchos jersey...

This will add value to him in the eyes of Coach L.
Coach L likes older players as he feels older is better.
Plus he is from the DC area.

Most coaches like older guys. They are closer to their bodies maturing and in theory should be able to play immediately, you aren't waiting for them to come around as much. There's a reason why guys like Jay Wright have more rings than John Calipari, despite Cal having recruited like a beast for decades. You win in March with EXPERIENCE AND GUARD PLAY. There are some exceptions, but for the most part, grown men win in March.

All you had to say was Gauchos, and I knew that field was loaded. Amazing how many future College and NBA stars have worn that Gauchos jersey...

Some rappers too! Back in the day, you either played for Riverside Church or the Gauchos. At this weekend's event, the Gauchos, NY Wiz Kids and NY Jayhawks attended. The Wiz kids have a 5-star Guard committed to North Carolina (Ian Jackson) and another 4-star SG headed to Syracuse (Elijah Moore). Very talented kids.

Advertisement
Ran into Coach L at the Adidas event today. We were watching the Team Loaded NC vs. Garner Road NC game (coached by ex NBA player Doug West). We chatted about the season and his NYC ties as the NY Gauchos were playing there too. Tracy McGrady’s team (Houston based) was on the court next to where we were. T-Mac still looks like he can help some NBA teams. Event was loaded to say the least.
Man thats great!.

If i ever got upclose to coach L im gonna sell his *** on taking more trips to the Bahamas to get some of our kids a look.

Gauchos still around wow

Advertisement
I appreciate Chris Stock, Luke, Pete and D$ for providing at least some hoops coverage. The team could definitely use more.

Compared with football, it’s a drop in the bucket though especially given the current successes. If even 10% of the energy given to football would shift to basketball it would make a world of difference.

Football is dying a slow death..... there is barely any movement on that board...

I appreciate Chris Stock, Luke, Pete and D$ for providing at least some hoops coverage. The team could definitely use more.

Compared with football, it’s a drop in the bucket though especially given the current successes. If even 10% of the energy given to football would shift to basketball it would make a world of difference.
Chris Stock is really starting to up his basketball recruiting coverage

Advertisement
Richmonds dad played for Calipari back in like 2002 at Memphis and now has Bradshaw and Wagner from Camden coming in this year to Kentucky. Will be a tough pull.

Advertisement

The media goes where the eyeballs are. Let's be honest, Miami basketball isn't nearly as important to the fanbase as football. Keep the following in mind, we have DIE HARD Miami football fans that actively dislike the basketball program and cheer for other collegiate programs in the sport. It's so commonplace at Miami, it's a running joke. You rarely see that among P5 schools.

The basketball fanbase is small, and unfortunately, that leads to media sources not spending as much effort covering the team. They see how many times people click on basketball articles, they see how often people click on pointless football recruiting articles that provide little to no useful information. They know that there are more people interested in some HS junior tailback narrowing his search to 12 schools than Miami going to the Final Four. I don't get it, but I'm also a basketball nerd.

The media goes where the eyeballs are. Let's be honest, Miami basketball isn't nearly as important to the fanbase as football. Keep the following in mind, we have DIE HARD Miami football fans that actively dislike the basketball program and cheer for other collegiate programs in the sport. It's so commonplace at Miami, it's a running joke. You rarely see that among P5 schools.

The basketball fanbase is small, and unfortunately, that leads to media sources not spending as much effort covering the team. They see how many times people click on basketball articles, they see how often people click on pointless football recruiting articles that provide little to no useful information. They know that there are more people interested in some HS junior tailback narrowing his search to 12 schools than Miami going to the Final Four. I don't get it, but I'm also a basketball nerd.
Well said

On the night, Richmond finished with 25 points and 10 rebounds to show why his stock has been soaring. During the winter he climbed from No. 140 overall to No. 91 in the rankings. When we last updated, we said in our discussions that it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him eventually climb into at least the national top 50 and he more than looked like that level of player on Friday night.

Not surprisingly, plenty of schools are in chase and he mentioned that he’s still pretty wide open having only taken one unofficial visit as he looks to set up some officials.

“I’ve only taken one unofficial visit to Memphis and it was cool,” Richmond told 247Sports. “I’m looking to set up some official visits and am thinking about Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, Memphis again and some others.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back