2024 Outlook

Advertisement
Bleak. If Mario doesn’t get 9 wins with next years schedule with back to back top 10 classes and portal classes, his seat is scorching hot.

We have, unequivocally, one of the worst gameday coaches in College Football and this is the first time OP is a "bit concerned" about the long-term trajectory of the program. Very fitting that OP references the "mopes," the same group that has been correct for over two decades.

Advertisement
1703866465805.gif

Almost every game will be a one score game.

That’s why Mario’s offense is designed to create.

It’s almost impossible to forecast a season like that. You can’t forecast 50-50 coin flips. You can have 12 flips where it’s all heads. 12 where it’s all tails. And anything between.

That’s the problem with Mario’s offensive view. It’s designed to make things like bad luck, bad calls, and turnovers have a monumental impact of the game.

And I can’t tell you right now what the bad luck plays will be against UF. So I can’t forecast that game.
I agree w you in principle- and I ask the question….why is Mario such a meathead, that he can’t sit there and objectively look at the situation and make and ing commitment to adjust?

Why would he ever want to be in 12 one score games? Especially w a talent advantage?

I’ve coached low level football for years and even I’m smart enough to speed game up and get as many possessions as possible when I have the horses and when I don’t I shorten game tonget
To fourth quarter within a score!

Why is he a Meathead?????????????

I agree w you in principle- and I ask the question….why is Mario such a meathead, that he can’t sit there and objectively look at the situation and make and ing commitment to adjust?

Why would he ever want to be in 12 one score games? Especially w a talent advantage?

I’ve coached low level football for years and even I’m smart enough to speed game up and get as many possessions as possible when I have the horses and when I don’t I shorten game tonget

Will Muschamp was given a premier SEC job, lost it because he ran Mario’s style of offense.

Got another SEC job. Didn’t learn a single thing. Went right back to the offense that didn’t work.

And if he was hired somewhere tomorrow, he’d do it all over again.

There’s just some coaches that would rather be unemployed than not run their style. Saban is unique precisely because he did a 180 offensively.

We saw that with Richt. Richt quit when faced with his offensive come to Jesus moment.

Advertisement

The funny thing is that I remember listening to a podcast with D$ a few years back when we first promoted Manny and he mentioned how relieved he was that we didn't get him because he was kind of a "Meathead."

Here's the thing, Coach O won a NC with the most dynamic offense in CFB history, making them the 2nd best team in history behind 01' Canes, of course. Coach O, stepped out of the way, hired well on the O side of the ball and didn't muck things up. This is what Mario HAS to do if, as a "meathead," he'd like to be successful.

Florida - Labeled dumpster fire - Easy Win based on projections of Florida
FAMU - W
Ball State - W
USF - W
Cal - Finished 7th in the PAC-12 - W
GT - we beat them this year according to some - W
Louisville - ACC is cheeks - W
Duke - Manny coaches them - W
FSU - lost all their players, coached by Memphis Mike - W
VT - W
Wake - W
Syracuse - first year coaches can't win - W

@Go Canes!! -- Get in here and find me a loss on this schedule with a competent coach or give me that 15-0...

You ain’t ever lied.

Almost every game will be a one score game.

That’s why Mario’s offense is designed to create.

It’s almost impossible to forecast a season like that. You can’t forecast 50-50 coin flips. You can have 12 flips where it’s all heads. 12 where it’s all tails. And anything between.

That’s the problem with Mario’s offensive view. It’s designed to make things like bad luck, bad calls, and turnovers have a monumental impact of the game.

And I can’t tell you right now what the bad luck plays will be against UF. So I can’t forecast that game.
Exactly…this is how he has always been. Plays terrible teams closer than he should and loses some that he shouldn’t. And he has literally said this year that his goal is to get it to the 4th quarter with a chance to win and then win it in the 4th. It’s laughable and the Hecht is an echo chamber with like-minded, old school Miami bros.

Advertisement
agreed on the trenches, but times running out. How do you foresee it getting much better?
Next year the trenches will be fine, it'll look something like this,

LT Rivers/McCoy
LG Kinsler/Cooper
C Portal dude from Indiana/Rodriguez
RG Cooper/Kinsler
RT Mauigoa/Okunola

Hopefully Louie doesn't sniff the field, still trying to figure out why he was playing yesterday.

I am generally a supporter of Mario, and still am because I know he will be around for at least 3 more years, but I am livid and frustrated today. Fine we had opt outs - but where was the physicality, edge, knock someone's head off yesterday.

We were sleeping in the first half, on the first drive we got pushed around by Rutgers, and you could see the effort we were playing with. Rutgers was pushing us around like bullies. Until KJ Cloyd finally made a big hit and caused a fumble. I was like cool KJ is ready to play, next play he subs out. And he gets 34 snaps compared to wb at 43 snaps and ksmith at 32 snaps....... SMDH

Absolutely zero fire, where is the eight rockets up the *** effort?

And when we did have all our players last year and this year we start each game sleeping. Where is the bravado, the edge!

Keeps talking about battling until the last whistle, what about starting the game battling.

Name one game where the team came out with their hair on fire!!!

Come on - You dont have to be talented to give max effort.

Florida - Labeled dumpster fire - Easy Win based on projections of Florida
FAMU - W
Ball State - W
USF - W
Cal - Finished 7th in the PAC-12 - W
GT - we beat them this year according to some - W
Louisville - ACC is cheeks - W
Duke - Manny coaches them - W
FSU - lost all their players, coached by Memphis Mike - W
VT - W
Wake - W
Syracuse - first year coaches can't win - W

@Go Canes!! -- Get in here and find me a loss on this schedule with a competent coach or give me that 15-0...
Mario’s success here will hinge significantly on how he performs next year. ****, he would be wise to throw Ward some of his own money on top of whatever NIL $ we can scrounge up. If there’s not a crumpled up piece of paper in Mario’s pocket right now that reads “ Cam Ward No Matter What” then he’s doing it wrong.

Advertisement
If you comment on how ****** things are it does not make you a MOPE you peanut headed idiots. The plot has been lost.
OP, it’s hard to engage you when you still believe “mopes” are a thing
Dudes have literally been shamed to sit in a burning house and say everything is fine.. That is next level cult ****

This Is Fine GIF

Here is the unfortunate situation we are in. We are all frustrated, and we all already know what is ahead. It's been this way at this point in every head coaching change over the last 20 plus years. We may get some good wins (i.e. Florida with Golden, or Notre Dame with Richt), but we are going to end up with the same exact results we are seeing now. It kills me to admit it, but I have felt this way with Cooker, Shannon, Golden, Richt, and Diaz.

Even people on here who are optimistic have to admit, we knew at exactly this time (year 2 - 3) that this wasn't it. Coach Cristobal only helps our recruiting. He just can't get out of his own way to get it done. He obviously doesn't love Miami enough to do what is needed on the field. I just don't know what coach will come in here and turn us into a contender. It really sucks.

Advertisement
Back