2024 Outlook

Here is the unfortunate situation we are in. We are all frustrated, and we all already know what is ahead. It's been this way at this point in every head coaching change over the last 20 plus years. We may get some good wins (i.e. Florida with Golden, or Notre Dame with Richt), but we are going to end up with the same exact results we are seeing now. It kills me to admit it, but I have felt this way with Cooker, Shannon, Golden, Richt, and Diaz.

Even people on here who are optimistic have to admit, we knew at exactly this time (year 2 - 3) that this wasn't it. Coach Cristobal only helps our recruiting. He just can't get out of his own way to get it done. He obviously doesn't love Miami enough to do what is needed on the field. I just don't know what coach will come in here and turn us into a contender. It really sucks.
We don't need a coach that has love for Miami. That is the formula that has failed relentlessly. We need a coach that has love for winning at all costs. We keep trying to recreate the glory days instead of starting anew.

Advertisement
We don't need a coach that has love for Miami. That is the formula that has failed relentlessly. We need a coach that has love for winning at all costs. We keep trying to recreate the glory days instead of starting anew.
When I said "he doesn't love Miami enough", I meant Mario. You are right about not needing a coach who loves Miami to come and win. Mario is supposed to bleed orange and green (like all of us on here), but he doesn't love Miami enough to change his approach so the team can succeed on the field.

When I said "he doesn't love Miami enough", I meant Mario. You are right about not needing a coach who loves Miami to come and win. Mario is supposed to bleed orange and green (like all of us on here), but he doesn't love Miami enough to change his approach so the team can succeed on the field.
I dont think it has anything to do with love. Im sure he loves UM to his core and believes his decisions. Mario is not here attempting to sabotage. The issue is he is to stubborn and bullheaded to realize all of his decisions are pure ****. Either that or he is just stupid.

I dont think it has anything to do with love. Im sure he loves UM to his core and believes his decisions. Mario is not here attempting to sabotage. The issue is he is to stubborn and bullheaded to realize all of his decisions are pure ****. Either that or he is just stupid.
I guess it would just depend on your meaning of love. For me as a longtime fan, I would do everything I could to help this team succeed because I love The U. You can see it in the games and feel something just isn't right. Like you said and I alluded to, he is too stubborn to change what he does. The sad part is that all of this money and resources are thrown at him to get us back to being the national envy, but it may all be a wasted opportunity in the end. The bowl game yesterday just signifies what we already know is coming. Again, it just sucks.

Advertisement
Back