2024 NFL Draft Thread

Advertisement
Around 25% give or take of combine invitees go undrafted. (Roughly 330 invited vs 259 or so draft pics with compensatory picks) Miami may have 75% not get drafted if things don’t change

Advertisement
What the **** and where the **** is Findlay

Miami rn
tv land its not a walk of shame GIF by YoungerTV

Yes, you were wrong about JPJ which isn’t surprising in the least. You also left Sewell out of your reply, which also makes sense.

And, okay, now that you’ve changed the goalposts to recent development, does Mario get credit for Kam’s All-American year in 2022, First Team ACC in 2022 & 2023, and now 3rd round pick after coming out of high school as the 320th overall prospect?

Which anti-Mario narrative would you like to go with? Because you can’t have it both ways and either, really, exposes your ill-informed and nonsensical opinion on Mario’s recruiting or player development.

You want to criticize wins and losses, have at it. (I won’t bring up the PAC-12 championships, which is more than we’ve had here in two decades)

You want to criticize recruiting and development, you might want watch some football first.

Let me refresh your memory on the post you are arguing about in the 2024 NFL Draft thread.

I pointed out there were a lot of CBs taken in the first two rounds for a position some here said doesn’t matter. Second, a lot of players taken in the draft were portal players, as pointed out by D$ as well. For those of us that watch college football that isn’t a surprise, yet many here died on the you can only build and win through High School. Mario obviously has adapted, which is fantastic. To the draft don’t lie comment, that’s what people have said about Miami’s talent but ignores that’s it’s actually as important to track the players Mario recruits and develops as that what’s important to Miami, now.

Mario has had some solid draft picks. It’s been outlined before. Sewell and Kayvon are great picks. Not unlike, say Jalen Phillips. And the numbers between Miami and Oregon for Mario’s Oregon years have been comparable.

I’m more excited about the work being put in by the staff recruiting the portal this weekend and early this coming week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let me refresh your memory on the post you are arguing about in the 2024 NFL Draft thread.

I pointed out there were a lot of CBs taken in the first two rounds for a position some here said doesn’t matter. Second, a lot of players taken in the draft were portal players, as pointed out by D$ as well. For those of us that watch college football that isn’t a surprise, yet many here died on the you can only build and win through High School. Mario obviously has adapted, which is fantastic. To the draft don’t lie comment, that’s what people have said about Miami’s talent but ignores that’s it’s actually as important to track the players Mario recruits and develops as that what’s important to Miami, now.

Mario has had some solid draft picks. It’s been outlined before. Sewell and Kayvon are great picks. Not unlike, say Jalen Phillips. And the numbers between Miami and Oregon for Mario’s Oregon years have been comparable.

I’m more excited about the work being put in by the staff recruiting the portal this weekend and early this coming week.
I’m gonna be honest, I chose violence for no reason. No idea why I wrote that in depth reply. These boards and these Canes make me so mentally ill sometimes*

*all the time 🤷‍♂️

Coming out of high school Williams was projected for greatness with his size-

For whatever reason he never developed into a great player-

I think whatever team gives him a shot he has a chance to be a decent player with good coaching definitely needs to gain some muscle.

Advertisement
Crazy. University of Findlay has just as many draft picks as Miami.

Also, was Pratt expected to be picked by now? Could he have returned another year??

Always rooting for our guys, but I just don't understand how year after year the risk associated with leaving too early is clear as day and yet players still go through with it. I know some of them are getting terrible advice, but at some point they need to be more realistic and honest with themselves.

Advertisement
Back