2024 NFL Combine (list of participants) CANES start 2/29

Advertisement
Kam and James should of probably stayed. They didn't have great 2023 season's and now both are having awful combines. I'm thinking Round 3-5 for both guys.
Every year folks get up in arms during combine.

Who are the safeties goign ahead of Kam?. There wont be 2...a broke leg kid from Iowa and who?.
Hes locked in the top 3 rounds so it is what it is.
His production likely outweighs anything and for a safety starve team he will be the pick.

James number is good for him because i didnt think he would break 4.7 as hes never been a blazer.

There also is pro day to improve on anything but its basically all what we knew alreayd coming back wasnt going to make Kam any faster. And he has like 12 ints in 2 years...the tpae is already there what he needs to clean up he can do in the nfl.

This is why I said coming back for another year wasn’t worth it. They are what they are. Imagine what their grades would be like if it wasn’t a weak class at safety.

Still think LT is the only one who could’ve actually raised his stock by coming back. If you can’t blow people away with your athleticism, you better have some **** good film, and he doesn’t.
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU.

LT is the only one shouldve came back...but when he signed he stated he would be here 3 years.

But he was the one i think we shouldve paid to come back this year.

Guys keep downing JW and Kam without seeing the utter sh*t at the position that will push them up in the draft.

Advertisement
Leonard Taylor .... they're dropping him like he's hot. (this is not going to work out well for him).

From today's combine:

"Leonard Taylor - Miami

Once considered a likely first-round NFL Draft pick, Miami defensive tackle Leonard Taylor’s stock has plummeted like a stone. There was a hope the NFL Combine would stop the drop, and Taylor could showcase athleticism to help his stock bounce back, but the slide continued on Thursday. Taylor measured in at 6’3” and 303 pounds, but everything else was unimpressive. He ran a 5.12 40-yard dash and posted the second-worst three-cone drill time among defensive linemen who participated. Even his vertical and broad jump numbers were poor. Taylor has gone from a potential first-round pick to a player who probably won’t be selected in the top 150."
Someone’s going to get incredible value if they get him in the third or fourth round. Hopefully he lands in the right situation.

Someone’s going to get incredible value if they get him in the third or fourth round. Hopefully he lands in the right situation.

Highly doubtful.

EVEN IF he actually gets drafted in the first 5 rounds .... (the combine scouting report is dubious on that likelihood) .... his odds of sticking around in the league for more than a year or two are less than 10%. Sure, it's a position where you're always desperate, and some coach/GM out of 32 will possibly think they can weave gold from cloth, and they will take a chance. In the NFL, he may even get more than one chance. That's just how the league works.

But there's a reason those rolls of the dice rarely pay off: the odds of success are not good. you're just gambling, you're not investing with a kid like this.

Frankly, for a football player who is:
  • lazy,
  • took lots of plays off,
  • resisted teaching in the weight room and on the field,
  • is not so bright,
  • shows to be marginally athletic based on his actual numbers, and whose coach even had to ask the kid's mom to tell him to try harder ....
Well, you're shoveling sh&t against the tide.

Do I wish the kid ill will?

Of course not, but I can't go against the data. You don't have to just take my word for it. Look at the combine evals of Leonard Taylor and go back and see some of the observations @Lance Roffers made in his film reviews of games this year.

And from what I can see with my own eyes, it tells me that this guy is a hard pass.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Who are the safeties goign ahead of Kam?. There wont be 2...a broke leg kid from Iowa and who?.
His production likely outweighs anything and for a safety starve team he will be the pick.

James number is good for him because i didnt think he would break 4.7 as hes never been a blazer.

There also is pro day to improve on anything but its basically all what we knew alreayd coming back wasnt going to make Kam any faster. And he has like 12 ints in 2 years...the tpae is already there what he needs to clean up he can do in the nfl.
Tyler Nubin and Cooper Dejean

Highly doubtful.

EVEN IF he actually gets drafted in the first 5 rounds .... (the combine scouting report is dubious on that likelihood) .... his odds of sticking around in the league for more than a year or two are less than 10%. Sure, it's a position where you're always desperate, and some coach/GM out of 32 will possibly think they can weave gold from cloth, and they will take a chance. In the NFL, he may even get more than one chance. That's just how the league works.

But there's a reason those rolls of the dice rarely pay off: the odds of success are not good. you're just gambling, you're not investing with a kid like this.

Frankly, for a football player who is:
  • lazy,
  • took lots of plays off,
  • resisted teaching in the weight room and on the field,
  • is not so bright,
  • shows to be marginally athletic based on his actual numbers, and who's coach even had to ask the kid's mom to tell him to try harder ....
Well, you're shoveling sh&t against the tide.

Do I wish the kid ill will?

Of course not, but I can't go against the data. You don't have to just take my word for it. Look at the combine evals of Leonard Taylor and go back and see some of the observations @Lance Roffers made in his film reviews of games this year.

And from what I can see with my own eyes, it tells me that this guy is a hard pass.
He’s a first round talent when he wants to give a ****…obvious problem is that he hasn’t given a **** the vast majority of the time.

If the right situation with the right coach thinks they can get the right stuff out of him (pause) for 3-4 years then I would consider it definitely worth the risk in the third or fourth round and would see it as a high value yet risky pick. That’s just me

NFL Combine takeaway: Disappointment

Leonard Taylor simply blended in with others near the bottom of those at his position at the combine and didn't help a draft stock that seems to be catering. He measured at 6-foot-3, 303 pounds and then ran a 5.12 in the 40, which finished in the bottom tier. He didn't move fluidly during the on-field workouts and his three-cone time of 7.81 was the second-worst among defensive tackles. According to Pro Football Focus via Inside The U, Taylor played 870 snaps during his Miami career and generated 53 pressures while playing in 31 games for the Hurricanes.

Advertisement

Tulane star Michael Pratt had a chance to push to the top of the second-tier of quarterbacks expected to go after the first round, including Michael Penix Jr. from Washington, South Carolina's Spencer Rattler and Oregon's Bo Nix among others, but instead struggled during the accuracy portion of on-field drills with a couple overthrows and a flat toss on a deep route. Pratt wrapped up his collegiate career as Tulane's all-time leading passer after completing 60.6% of his passes for 9,611 yards and 90 touchdowns with 26 interceptions during his four seasons on campus (2020-23).

This statement is true. If Kam can break 4.6 at the pro day, all will be forgiven, imo, and he'll be back in that 2nd round convo. Right now, yes, he's a 3rd round kind of guy and while he has good film, he had a lot of shaky film this past year. He's had some injuries but there's a lot of bad plays by him. And let's be real - his combine performance wasn't just "what we expected". It was pathetic. He was last in virtually in every category and Matt Friggin Lee had a better broad jump than he did. Historically, his combine performance is bottom quarter bad over the last 10 years of all combine participants. Good instincts can make up for a lack of explosive speed, but we're not talking about a 4.59 kind of guy. All that said, whoever advised Kam to participate in the combines should be questioned. He should have saved it all for the pro day.

As for JWill, I agree - his speed is what we thought it would be. The only issue with him is where he'll play in the league. He's not some twitchy guy and he was completely out of his element when he was playing LB at the SB practice/game. If he had come back to UM, moved to LB and put up a good year of film, he would have improved his draft status, imo.

Last edited:

Leonard Taylor simply blended in with others near the bottom of those at his position at the combine and didn't help a draft stock that seems to be catering. He measured at 6-foot-3, 303 pounds and then ran a 5.12 in the 40, which finished in the bottom tier. He didn't move fluidly during the on-field workouts and his three-cone time of 7.81 was the second-worst among defensive tackles. According to Pro Football Focus via Inside The U, Taylor played 870 snaps during his Miami career and generated 53 pressures while playing in 31 games for the Hurricanes.
LT had the wrong people mentoring him only telling him what he wants to hear.
He’ll now will know what he had at Miami an opportunity to continue his formation yet chose to cut himself short.
Maybe he’ll get a free agent opportunity but that will be the end of it , what a shame he just didn’t want to hear the truth you weren’t that good in CFB and in the NFL they’ll just ignore you.

Advertisement
He’ll now will know what he had at Miami an opportunity to continue his formation yet chose to cut himself short.
Maybe he’ll get a free agent opportunity but that will be the end of it , what a shame he just didn’t want to hear the truth you weren’t that good in CFB and in the NFL they’ll just ignore you.
He will join a long list of former Canes.

He will join a long list of former Canes.
Good point 🎯

One problem for some of these kids they’ve never experienced NO and have always been the best and told so.

LT said when signed he’ll be leaving to the NFL , how could a kid say that when they haven’t played a down in CFB ?

Then have a mediocre (2) seasons at best say I’M NFL who’s telling these kids yes your NFL , LT is flopping at combine and expect an NFL to waist time with these kids .

Well LT knows now he’s soon to be looking for a regular job and going back to mom to deal with LT decisions of young kid .

Who now knows he has no idea what’s best for anyone.

Some should have given LT tough love in finish college get your degree then after (4) years try for NFL .

Real world is closing in now

Advertisement
Back