2024 NFL Combine (list of participants) CANES start 2/29

This is nuts. They swept last place for all the workouts.

Kam and Williams tied for the worst 40 and the worst 10 yard split. Williams had the worst vertical and Kam had the worst broad jump in 9 years. Wtf is their bench gonna look like?

This is inexcusable. Who tf have they and LT been training with?!
This is what happens when you coast for 3 years in college. Our guys look like they never seen a weight room.

Nothing surprising here. Most of the board has been saying the same things for years. James Williams never took nutrition and weight lifting serious and it shows. LT looks like a fat slob out there.

Maybe we should focus less on community service hours and more on getting better as a football program.

Advertisement
Leonard Taylor .... they're dropping him like he's hot. (this is not going to work out well for him).

From today's combine:

"Leonard Taylor - Miami

Once considered a likely first-round NFL Draft pick, Miami defensive tackle Leonard Taylor’s stock has plummeted like a stone. There was a hope the NFL Combine would stop the drop, and Taylor could showcase athleticism to help his stock bounce back, but the slide continued on Thursday. Taylor measured in at 6’3” and 303 pounds, but everything else was unimpressive. He ran a 5.12 40-yard dash and posted the second-worst three-cone drill time among defensive linemen who participated. Even his vertical and broad jump numbers were poor. Taylor has gone from a potential first-round pick to a player who probably won’t be selected in the top 150."
Heard a rumor from someone that knows his trainers and they said that he’s missed 4-5 workouts too. Just doesn’t show up so he can stay home and play video games. This is over a 1.5-2 month window.

If that leaks to teams and gets verified he could be surprise UDFA

Kid is an awful interview as well. Not a huge deal but another factor in all of it

Is it on the coaches not developing top HS talent (KInchens, Williams, etc) or is it time to reevaluate whether So Fla HS football is indeed still one of the premier HS recruiting grounds in the nation. Happens every year; has/is the area living on the rep of the past?
SFLA aint been it for a good little while. Is it really surprising considering we focus on that area every year and have the same results on the field every year. The time to expand the search area passed a decade ago. We've gotten better under Mario but not nearly enough.

Heard a rumor from someone that knows his trainers and they said that he’s missed 4-5 workouts too. Just doesn’t show up so he can stay home and play video games. This is over a 1.5-2 month window.

If that leaks to teams and gets verified he could be surprise UDFA

Kid is an awful interview as well. Not a huge deal but another factor in all of it
Shocked

Advertisement
Is it on the coaches not developing top HS talent (KInchens, Williams, etc) or is it time to reevaluate whether So Fla HS football is indeed still one of the premier HS recruiting grounds in the nation. Happens every year; has/is the area living on the rep of the past?

All three are takes all the time. The difference between a Mario and a Manny team is that there are 82 other kids on roster as good as them, so they have to work their asses off to get on the field. We've seen it so many times, kids that are gifted starting spots because they're naturally better than everyone else often don't have the self-discipline to take it to the next level on their own. Competition breeds greatness. Iron sharpens iron.

I posted this last year, some of these highly regarded South Florida kids have some diva in them. Ive seen ones that are more under radar or maybe not the cream of crop that are performing better. The ones that have a chip on their shoulder.

2021 class ranked 247 from
south Florida.

1.)Leonard Taylor
2.)Dallas Turner
3.)James Williams
4.)Jason Marshall
5.)Jacorey Brooks
6.)Terrance Lewis
7.)Pat Peyton
8.)Romello Brinson
9.)Tyreke Sapp
10.)Brashard Smith
11.)Marcus Tate
12.)Troy Stellato
13.)Mike Mcgaughlin
14.)Corey Collier
15.)Amari Daniels
16.)Yulkeith Brown
17.)Tyler Johnson
18.)Thad Franklin
19.)Laurence Seymour
20.)Jaden Alexis
21.)Ryan Rodriguez
22.)Jacolby George
23.)Davis Mallinger
24.)Jabrari Ishmael
25.)Kam Kinchens
26.)Phillip O'Brien
27.)Jaden McBurrows

You have a guy like Ashton Gillotte lead ACC in sacks was ranked way lower.

Kids like Cancey. South Florida is still producing talent.

I posted this last year, some of these highly regarded South Florida kids have some diva in them. Ive seen ones that are more under radar or maybe not the cream of crop that are performing better. The ones that have a chip on their shoulder.

south Florida.

1.)Leonard Taylor
2.)Dallas Turner
3.)James Williams
4.)Jason Marshall
5.)Jacorey Brooks
6.)Terrance Lewis
7.)Pat Peyton
8.)Romello Brinson
9.)Tyreke Sapp
10.)Brashard Smith
11.)Marcus Tate
12.)Troy Stellato
13.)Mike Mcgaughlin
14.)Corey Collier
15.)Amari Daniels
16.)Yulkeith Brown
17.)Tyler Johnson
18.)Thad Franklin
19.)Laurence Seymour
20.)Jaden Alexis
21.)Ryan Rodriguez
22.)Jacolby George
23.)Davis Mallinger
24.)Jabrari Ishmael
25.)Kam Kinchens
26.)Phillip O'Brien
27.)Jaden McBurrows
Disgusted No Thank You GIF by Shark Week

Advertisement
If I'm Mario, I'll have there combine performance on a 24-hour loop playing in the IPF/weight room/cafeteria/ greentree etc...lol

Definitely a teachable moment. Gotta put in the work...5-star...All-American

Some kids peak in high school. But all three? That's got to be the culture Mario talks about. I really wanted LT to come back. But honestly, I'm starting to feel like we're better off with the changing of the guard. X is the exception.

Most of the divas in Sfla are the ones who have grown men fawning over them from like 8yrs old and up at 7on7’s and other events, or they peak quicker, play for big time high schools and some of their weaknesses are disguised.

Somehow the last 12-15 years as recruiting websites and 7v7’s have exploded Miami has found a way to land a majority of the maxed out and/or overrated highly ranked kids then put them all together so they can keep telling each other how great they are and then have coaches who allow it.

I feel bad for the kids who did have more but were kept down.

That why despite it taking longer then we like I see what Mario is doing and I think it will pay off

If I'm Mario, I'll have there combine performance on a 24-hour loop playing in the IPF/weight room/cafeteria/ greentree etc...lol

Definitely a teachable moment. Gotta put in the work...5-star...All-American
Work ethic is essential. I saw JWILL take too many plays off and not try. The kid thinks just bc he's 6'5" he didn't have to work. Watch our safety play be so much better going forward.

Advertisement
SFLA aint been it for a good little while. Is it really surprising considering we focus on that area every year and have the same results on the field every year. The time to expand the search area passed a decade ago. We've gotten better under Mario but not nearly enough.
This will certainly rustle some CIS Jimmie’s but…

I’ve said this on this board going back prolly a decade. We need to expand our recruiting efforts. There is maybe 2-3 guys a year you want to land from the tri county and the majority come from Broward.

South Florida talent as a whole are entitled divas with little to no work ethic. Incredibly raw and poorly coached. And it consistently shows up next level.

Remember Tracy Howard on signing day? I’ll spend my next 3 years at UM. This is exactly whats wrong. They have too many people in their ear telling them how great they are and how fast they’ll make it to the league. Leonard Taylor was the exact same. Had 1 foot out the door the day he showed up.

Now granted he played in a horrible scheme and for horrible coaches, but he never took it serous. He was the same scrawny kid at the end as he was a frosh.

We need to start focusing in on kids who eat sleep and breath football. I don’t care where we get them. I want kids who will break their grandmothers leg to get a win.

Advertisement
This will certainly rustle some CIS Jimmie’s but…

I’ve said this on this board going back prolly a decade. We need to expand our recruiting efforts. There is maybe 2-3 guys a year you want to land from the tri county and the majority come from Broward.

South Florida talent as a whole are entitled divas with little to no work ethic. Incredibly raw and poorly coached. And it consistently shows up next level.

Remember Tracy Howard on signing day? I’ll spend my next 3 years at UM. This is exactly whats wrong. They have too many people in their ear telling them how great they are and how fast they’ll make it to the league. Leonard Taylor was the exact same. Had 1 foot out the door the day he showed up.

Now granted he played in a horrible scheme and for horrible coaches, but he never took it serous. He was the same scrawny kid at the end as he was a frosh.

We need to start focusing in on kids who eat sleep and breath football. I don’t care where we get them. I want kids who will break their grandmothers leg to get a win.
The only Jimmies rustled will be the ones that still think the wall from the 1980s needs to be rebuilt. Maybe just maybe 40 years later a new strategy is needed. I agree grab the top of the top but no need for 15-20 players from 1 location in 2024.

south Florida.

1.)Leonard Taylor
2.)Dallas Turner
3.)James Williams
4.)Jason Marshall
5.)Jacorey Brooks
6.)Terrance Lewis
7.)Pat Peyton
8.)Romello Brinson
9.)Tyreke Sapp
10.)Brashard Smith
11.)Marcus Tate
12.)Troy Stellato
13.)Mike Mcgaughlin
14.)Corey Collier
15.)Amari Daniels
16.)Yulkeith Brown
17.)Tyler Johnson
18.)Thad Franklin
19.)Laurence Seymour
20.)Jaden Alexis
21.)Ryan Rodriguez
22.)Jacolby George
23.)Davis Mallinger
24.)Jabrari Ishmael
25.)Kam Kinchens
26.)Phillip O'Brien
27.)Jaden McBurrows

You have a guy like Ashton Gillotte lead ACC in sacks was ranked way lower.

Kids like Cancey. South Florida is still producing talent.
Championship programs recruit Nationally.

Literally every single one of them.

Advertisement
Back