2024 LB Position

Hstokes1447

Junior
Mauigoa returning was beyond huge for this unit. This team is very young at the LB position but is loaded with talent. The roster is full of big (pause) fast, athletic, explosive, and hard hitting linebackers. No more 5-11, 4.9 forty guys playing LB at Miami. Development is going to be key here and I am excited to see how the competition in the spring shapes the depth chart.

WLB Wesley Bissainthe JR 6-1 210

WLB Raul Aguirre SO 6-2 235

WLB Chase Smith RJR 6-2 215

WLB Cameron Pruitt FR 6-3 190

MLB Francisco Mauigoa RSR 6-3 230

MLB Marcellius Pulliam SO 6-3 235

MLB Adarius Hayes FR 6-4 220

SAM Bobby Washington RFR 6-3 230

SAM Malik Bryant RFR 6-2 230

SAM Booker Pickett Jr. FR 6-3 215

I can see Chase Smith entering the portal after spring, but he is a guy that I would like to see stick around.

Advertisement
Mauigoa returning was beyond huge for this unit. This team is very young at the LB position but is loaded with talent. The roster is full of big (pause) fast, athletic, explosive, and hard hitting linebackers. No more 5-11, 4.9 forty guys playing LB at Miami. Development is going to be key here and I am excited to see how the competition in the spring shapes the depth chart.

WLB Wesley Bissainthe JR 6-1 210

WLB Raul Aguirre SO 6-2 235

WLB Chase Smith RJR 6-2 215

WLB Cameron Pruitt FR 6-3 190

MLB Francisco Mauigoa RSR 6-3 230

MLB Marcellius Pulliam SO 6-3 235

MLB Adarius Hayes FR 6-4 220

SAM Bobby Washington RFR 6-3 230

SAM Malik Bryant RFR 6-2 230

SAM Booker Pickett Jr. FR 6-3 215

I can see Chase Smith entering the portal after spring, but he is a guy that I would like to see stick around.

I believe this is the position that gets hit the hardest in the Spring transfer portal window.

I could see two guys from that group leaving as they give way to the more talented younger guys.

Advertisement
I believe this is the position that gets hit the hardest in the Spring transfer portal window.

I could see two guys from that group leaving as they give way to the more talented younger guys.

Agree - I think there will be some departures bw spring and fall camp.

Advertisement
I definitely at least one of these LB's to leave. But it's go time for Wesley. Needs to put it all together in the film room and fix the mistakes of being out of position so often or he's gonna lose his spot.

Advertisement
There is enough talent at the lb position to be successful. Partially because the majority of our defense runs through 2 lbs. so I’m not sure how that depth chart shakes out. We only switched to the 3-3-5 because of d-line injuries last year. I do know Kiko will be one of the 2 though.

Smith is as talented as anyone if healthy. Wes needs to step up with the consistency. I thought Malik was getting moved to end?

Advertisement
What's up with Malik Bryant? Have not heard much about his progress.
Would be unfortunate. He has the skillset to play the role that Kiko plays now given his pass rushing ability out of HS. Does he have the instincts to play Mike? That remains to be seen.

So, I'm guessing you're referring to Wesley and Chase? Those are the only two upper classmen on the roster besides Kiko.

I really want to see how much progress Chase has made this Spring.

I'm with the same opinion. He's looked decent in limited action, but still not sure if he's fully recovered from the knee physically and mentally. Wes also needs to take that next step. He's has the physically gifts, but seems to get lost still too much.

Advertisement
Back