2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

6’3 220lbs 5-star EDGE out of Dallas, goes to Elite 6A school Duncanville

Had a terrific Sophomore season with 68tcks 12 sacks & 3FF’s

Has an elite incredibly quick first step, he wins about 90% of his matchups just off beating the tackle to his spot, very agile quick footed speed rusher. He plays with very good hip bend & dip being able to get underneath attacking with leverage vs OT’s & using his arm length to create separation between himself & blockers. He also displayed a really good inside swim technique & up & under rip technique vs OT’s. His hand speed & foot speed is what makes him a high level prospect. A kid with his wingspan & A+ athletic traits who already has a bevy of pass rushing moves, that also comes from a Football factory like Duncanville is precisely why he’s rated as a 5-star.

He doesn’t have ideal prototype size but obviously only being a Sophomore heading into his Junior year is still growing & has the physical frame of a kid who will be an exceptional pass rusher on the next level. His natural ability & athletic upside is what sets him apart. A scheme versatile player that can play as a traditional DE in a 4-3, or as an OLB Jack Rusher in the 3-4, which is what most of the SEC schools are recruiting him as.

He reminds me of Felix Anudike-Uzomah as pure pass rusher.

The #1 ranked Edge rusher in the 24 class that comes from a program that produces great players in every class:

- 2022 4-star DE Omari Abor, signed with Oh ST
- 2022 4-star OG Jaylen Early, signed with FSU
- 2022 4-star OT Cameron Williams, signed with Texas
- 2022 3-star LB Jordan Crook, signed with Arkansas
- 2022 3-star S Pierre Goree, signed with SMU
- 2022 3-star DT Quincy Wright, signed with Oregon ST
- 2022 3-star TE Jerrale Powers, signed with FSU
- 2021 4-star OT Savion Byrd, signed with Oklahoma
- 2021 4-star LB Kendrick Blackshire, signed with Bama
- 2021 3-star WR Roderick Daniels, signed with SMU
- 2021 3-star QB Grayson James, signed with FIU
- 2021 3-star S Jadarius Thrusby, signed with SMU
- 2021 3-star DE Kevon Ivy, signed with UNLV
- 2020 4-star QB/WR Ja’Quinden Jackson, signed with Texas
- 2020 4-star S Chris Thompson Jr, signed with Auburn
- 2020 3-star WR Zeriah Beason, signed with Oregon ST
- 2020 3-star CB Ennis Rakestraw, signed with Mizzou
- 2020 3-star DT James Mitchell, signed with Colorado ST
- 2019 4-star CB Marquez Beason, signed with Illinois
- 2019 3-star S Stacy Brown, signed with Mizzou
- 2019 3-star CB Tre’shon Devones, signed with Rice

And many others...

His recruitment has been heating up this Spring & he’ll be a highly sought after prospect for next year, with the usual suspects of Bama, TAMU, Texas, UGA, Oklahoma & LSU all over him. Miami & Coach Wright are putting our bid in as well.

Offers:

Advertisement

6’3 220lbs 5-star EDGE out of Dallas, goes to Elite 6A school Duncanville

Had a terrific Sophomore season with 68tcks 12 sacks & 3FF’s

Has an elite incredibly quick first step, he wins about 90% of his matchups just off beating the tackle to his spot, very agile quick footed speed rusher. He plays with very good hip bend & dip being able to get underneath attacking with leverage vs OT’s & using his arm length to create separation between himself & blockers. He also displayed a really good inside swim technique & up & under rip technique vs OT’s. His hand speed & foot speed is what makes him a high level prospect. A kid with his wingspan & A+ athletic traits who already has a bevy of pass rushing moves, that also comes from a Football factory like Duncanville is precisely why he’s rated as a 5-star.

He doesn’t have ideal prototype size but obviously only being a Sophomore heading into his Junior year is still growing & has the physical frame of a kid who will be an exceptional pass rusher on the next level. His natural ability & athletic upside is what sets him apart. A scheme versatile player that can play as a traditional DE in a 4-3, or as an OLB Jack Rusher in the 3-4, which is what most of the SEC schools are recruiting him as.

He reminds me of Felix Anudike-Uzomah as pure pass rusher.

The #1 ranked Edge rusher in the 24 class that comes from a program that produces great players in every class:

- 2022 4-star DE Omari Abor, signed with Oh ST
- 2022 4-star OG Jaylen Early, signed with FSU
- 2022 4-star OT Cameron Williams, signed with Texas
- 2022 3-star LB Jordan Crook, signed with Arkansas
- 2022 3-star S Pierre Goree, signed with SMU
- 2022 3-star DT Quincy Wright, signed with Oregon ST
- 2022 3-star TE Jerrale Powers, signed with FSU
- 2021 4-star OT Savion Byrd, signed with Oklahoma
- 2021 4-star LB Kendrick Blackshire, signed with Bama
- 2021 3-star WR Roderick Daniels, signed with SMU
- 2021 3-star QB Grayson James, signed with FIU
- 2021 3-star S Jadarius Thrusby, signed with SMU
- 2021 3-star DE Kevon Ivy, signed with UNLV
- 2020 4-star QB/WR Ja’Quinden Jackson, signed with Texas
- 2020 4-star S Chris Thompson Jr, signed with Auburn
- 2020 3-star WR Zeriah Beason, signed with Oregon ST
- 2020 3-star CB Ennis Rakestraw, signed with Mizzou
- 2020 3-star DT James Mitchell, signed with Colorado ST
- 2019 4-star CB Marquez Beason, signed with Illinois
- 2019 3-star S Stacy Brown, signed with Mizzou
- 2019 3-star CB Tre’shon Devones, signed with Rice

And many others...

His recruitment has been heating up this Spring & he’ll be a highly sought after prospect for next year, with the usual suspects of Bama, TAMU, Texas, UGA, Oklahoma & LSU all over him. Miami & Coach Wright are putting our bid in as well.

Offers:

No Semenholes or Gayturds in that edit

Kermit The Frog Drink GIF by Muppet Wiki

Advertisement
Did he ever visit? Excuse for not remembering, there have been a few suitors in Coral Gables of late.

Reactions: ben
Did he ever visit? Excuse for not remembering, there have been a few suitors in Coral Gables of late.
No not yet, he was in Florida for a week visiting multiple schools but had to leave before he got a chance to come down.

But he will be coming back during the season, I know the staff is working on getting him back down once Dead Period ends.

Advertisement
"I think a few visitors left early to hang out. We didn't see Chi Bates, Colin Simmons, or Filsaime post game.

I heard Simmons could be at Miami tomorrow." -Gators 247's Blake Alderman.

" I’m of the understanding that there is a good chance that five-star EDGE Colin Simmons could make it down to Miami for the spring game and potentially spend an additional day or two in the area. It’s something to watch out for. Not confirmed through my ideal channels but I know they’re working hard at it and I believe it could happen. " Urrutia from InsideTheU

Well ****… has anyone ever seen 6’5 250 lb DBs and WRs because we’re going to have to flex some of these D-lineman over at this rate. We’re going to have a bunch of David Boston’s out there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back