2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the whole point of taking QBs ranked so low that they are essentially having to pay us, is so we could take that money and overpay buy the type of DL that the big boys have.

What are we doing with all of this money?
Class of 24 sucks bro, saving it for 25

• Haha
Reactions: JD4
Advertisement
He is not average dude, c'mon. Remove your emotion and look at it objectively.

At FIU, he signed the best classes in the history of the program. The 2012 class had at least 19 3-star recruits depending on the site, which is pretty insane for FIU.

He obviously won plenty of awards at Bama and did pretty well at Oregon, but you want to use money as a crutch. Ok....so how did he come in on two weeks' notice and grab multiple blue-chippers, followed that up with a top seven class at the University of Miami, and a top seven portal class? He just luck into those?

He may not be the best recruiter in the country, but he's **** good. He's a top 10 guy no doubt. Probably closer to Top 8. I mean think about the schools that win in recruiting and their bag structure. You don't think Mario would have the #1 class in the country if he was at Bama, UGA, Texas, Texas A&M, or Ohio State?

What changed from 2022 to 2023? Well, 5-7 did....but also no more Ruiz...who loved spending on high school kids and bragging about it. The rest of the boosters seem reluctant to fill the void...for the time being.

I've said before that if you have a program with money, Cristobal is absolutely the guy you want. Make him HC at TAMU, Bama, OSU, UGA, LSU, USC, Texas, and a handful of other programs and he's reeling in top 5 classes in a bad year. But put him at school with limited resources, and well, you get what you see right now. He also made things worse with his decision making - scrapping the spread for bro style was dumb and is a big reason we went 5-7, and top QBs arent interested. Most people knew he was making a terrible move, yet there was a vocal contingent that said we were just trolls and Cristobal knew what he was doing. Turns out he didn't.

[BGCOLOR=initial]So bottom line, the problem is we have a mismatch of coach and capability. If UM wasn't going to act like a big time program and give him a massive recruiting budget, he was the wrong coach to hire. UM should have hired a scheme focused "does more with less" coach IF it knew it couldn't sustain the spending long term. [/BGCOLOR]

Congrats to you and all your friends, genius!

This is a good thing. Apparently Miami only ever does positive things for its football program when there is negative attention on them and something floating around out there that makes them look bad. Negative social media posts probably help us in the long run.

Let’s simmer down there. Mario had a great class last year. Pulled a miracle out his *** in two weeks for 22 class. Middle ground boys.

He had an OK class last year. 8th ranked or something. Putting it in to perspective, FSU currently right now has more 5 stars committed than what we signed in our greatest ever class last year.

And the fact that we're following it up with a dud completely negates last year's class and means we'll have to start the rebuild from scratch in 2025.

This class we have committed right now is Al Golden 100%

Advertisement
Let’s simmer down there. Mario had a great class last year. Pulled a miracle out his *** in two weeks for 22 class. Middle ground boys.

Is he wrong in saying Mario + Money = elite recruiter?

The word was we had money in 21/22, so what changed…

Not a 3*. Don’t want.

Here’s the guy Mario will land with a huge NIL deal. Scared money don’t make money

IMG_0868.png

He had an OK class last year. 8th ranked or something. Putting it in to perspective, FSU currently right now has more 5 stars committed than what we signed in our greatest ever class last year.

And the fact that we're following it up with a dud completely negates last year's class and means we'll have to start the rebuild from scratch in 2025.

I think it’s a little bit funny when people knock Golden’s recruiting classes so much but also use his players to discredit Richt’s success—“those were golden’s recruits though.”

We are not going to be outspending everyone in recruiting. Mario is a good salesperson and if the product on the field is better next year he’ll get more money from boosters and it’ll require less money to keep our team on board and recruit new players.

While maybe he wasn’t the right person to hire in hindsight he isn’t leaving soon so let’s hope for the best and not repeat over and over again that we shouldn’t have hired him—can’t change that now.

Support the Canes and the guys doing their best for the program even if you wish they weren’t the guys running the program

Advertisement

It wasent ok it was a great class. Big deal Golden and others got overrated players and couldn’t coach them. Clearly there is a money issue. Mario and Miami with money is a top ten class every year. Just because we have sucked doesn’t mean we aren’t attractive. But I’m with you on this class looking like crap so far.

I think it’s a little bit funny when people knock Golden’s recruiting classes so much but also use his players to discredit Richt’s success—“those were golden’s recruits though.”

We are not going to be outspending everyone in recruiting. Mario is a good salesperson and if the product on the field is better next year he’ll get more money from boosters and it’ll require less money to keep our team on board and recruit new players.

While maybe he wasn’t the right person to hire in hindsight he isn’t leaving soon so let’s hope for the best and not repeat over and over again that we shouldn’t have hired him—can’t change that now.

Support the Canes and the guys doing their best for the program even if you wish they weren’t the guys running the program

I disagree with people who knock Goldens recruiting. He had a decent eye for talent (better than Richt IMO). He was just terrible at player development and coaching.

I disagree with people who knock Goldens recruiting. He had a decent eye for talent (better than Richt IMO). He was just terrible at player development and coaching.
If Mario and Zo have a similar eye for talent and Mario nailed these coaching hires we’ll be going in the right direction.

I hope Mario fires his mustache friend though. Going to give Dawson and Guidry a fair shot though excited to see what they’ve got planned

Advertisement
If Mario and Zo have a similar eye for talent and Mario nailed these coaching hires we’ll be going in the right direction.

I hope Mario fires his mustache friend though. Going to give Dawson and Guidry a fair shot though excited to see what they’ve got planned

I think both Steroid Snidely Whiplash and Samoa Joe need to go.

I'll be blunt... if we don't change our mindset and become a "tier 1" spender, we're not going to be back. We just aren't. If we're trying to spend "in the ballpark" of tier 2 or whatever the **** people are saying, then frankly we're not trying to compete for championships.

What we're doing in that case is trying for some kind of consolation prize like 10 wins or a bowl game.... nothing wrong with that per se, but it's not what most Miami fans signed up for. That's the misalignement I'm talking about between the fans and the boosters.

The game has changed, and in 2023 it's all about the NIL. You can argue whether that's a good thing or not, but that's where we are. We're either going to decide to compete to be the best or we aren't. Right now, Miami seems happy with not competing.

I would love to be surprised, but everything I've observed about college football tells me that the team with the best players wins 95% of the time, and the best players are the 5*'s who get massive NIL's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back