2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are y'all going to realize that just because WE THE FANS care about winning football games, that doesn't mean the University and the admin share our goals. What I've observed is that the people writing the checks and you guys are not on the same wavelength.

What have they DONE to show you otherwise? They will cheap out at every available turn. Don't get me wrong, they don't want to lose and fail... they just aren't willing to do what it takes to actually win anymore. The most important thing to them is Miami's clean image and making a quick profit, they don't care about building a champion and haven't done so since the 80's.

In a perfect world according to Miami's leaders, we would recruit choir boys and play Stanford and Notre Dame every week, while thousands of fans spend money and ask no questions.

They want your money, not your opinions. They don't care about you, they just want what's in your wallet and for you to pay, cheer, and shut up while they continue to pull the wool over your eyes with fake promises about all the big plans they have.

Unless something changes at the top, this program is in serious trouble. That's my opinion.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Train Hype GIF

Advertisement
So? We were 5-7 last year. Time to shake things up
Yes - it works so well when the struggling pro football team spends all of their money to bring in one superstar. Outside of the QB, if we are truly dealing with limited funds (at least compared to others) it would be worse (IMO) to spend a crap ton of money on one or two players and leave ourselves even thinner at other positions than getting several solid players.

Don't get me wrong, neither approach is ideal but I don't think blowing a huge portion of your money on unproven (****, in most case even proven) few players is the way. The QB is the one exception and even they have a limit... for instance you can't give 100% of your NIL money to a QB even if they are the best to ever have played the game.

The wiring was always on the wall
Mario’s first class he signs a qb that can’t throw
Second class he signs a jag that we have to hope outplays his jagness
Go all in for air and end up with Judd
We have a wide open qb room and we still couldn’t get a top player
The bags aren’t there
Believe what you want but the results speak for themselves
Congrats to you and all your friends, genius!

Advertisement
When are y'all going to realize that just because WE THE FANS care about winning football games, that doesn't mean the University and the admin share our goals. What I've observed is that the people writing the checks and you guys are not on the same wavelength.

What have they DONE to show you otherwise? They will cheap out at every available turn. Don't get me wrong, they don't want to lose and fail... they just aren't willing to do what it takes to actually win anymore. The most important thing to them is Miami's clean image and making a quick profit, they don't care about building a champion and haven't done so since the 80's.

In a perfect world according to Miami's leaders, we would recruit choir boys and play Stanford and Notre Dame every week, while thousands of fans spend money and ask no questions.

They want your money, not your opinions. They don't care about you, they just want what's in your wallet and for you to pay, cheer, and shut up while they continue to pull the wool over your eyes with fake promises about all the big plans they have.

Unless something changes at the top, this program is in serious trouble. That's my opinion.
I made a poll on the Eye in the Sky forum asking how much people here would support $ to land one 5 star recruit.

Go check it out. If there was enough interest even us regular folks could help Miami land a huge prospect by chipping in money and putting our money where our mouths are

Conference realignment has been staring the school in the face for multiple years now and instead of spending money on players and making the team more attractive to other conferences, they break ground on a massive facility. Could’ve used a few of the hundreds of millions of dollars tied up in Mario’s contract and the new facility to buy a good team and the new facilities would’ve paid for themselves in a handful of years with the new tv deal.

Advertisement
I think we’ve literally boxed ourselves in. Im not a mope and I think we’re closer to option 3 than we are to 1. 2. Is okay if Mario wins a few games he’s not supposed to win this season and that gives us some momentum. Problem is it’ll all come crashing down cause we won’t have a QB unless a god send hits the portal

And if that God send QB actually does hit the portal, do we continue with the premise of “not overspending” when a Maalik Murphy-level talent will have every top program running up a bidding war to try to land him?

Or is the hypothetical portal QB many have alluded to for months more likely to be an Anthony Brown-level, decent but unspectacular stopgap?

And if that God send QB actually does hit the portal, do we continue with the premise of “not overspending” when a Maalik Murphy-level talent will have every top program running up a bidding war to try to land him?

Or is the hypothetical portal QB many have alluded to for months more likely to be an Anthony Brown-level, decent but unspectacular stopgap?
Thing is, Mario was brought in knowing we need top tier talent to win. If the biggest obstacle in recruiting (money) isn't there for him to level the playing field and do his thing...well then we made the wrong choice at HC. Not his fault, the school's.

So it's time to pony up for the remaining targets and all can be fine. Mario should be the H2H winner in these battles 75% of the time or more if we're not getting out-bagged. His recruiting prowess can't off-set money, at least not consistently.

I thought the whole point of taking QBs ranked so low that they are essentially having to pay us, is so we could take that money and overpay buy the type of DL that the big boys have.

What are we doing with all of this money?

That’s what many tried to spin as if it was a better bet that we could actually land an A&M-level DL haul full of 5*’s and Top 100 overall savages, when the reality is we just had zero traction with any top signal-caller other than Noland and our QB recruiting was dead to rights for this cycle after we lost that battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back