2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Sounds like that 10 million dollar number needs to increase. Obviously it’s not my money but what was a strong NIL budget last year might not be this year. I was under the impression that our multiple billionaires would be going all out to help Mario. Maybe they are and this is an unfair post. They are spending money elsewhere. But this doesn’t sound like enough money to compensate for the Suck Tax.
Ryan Day openly said that they needed 13 million just to keep their current roster together. It doesn't mention how much they need to budget for their recruiting class. 10M for both team and recruiting is low tier and not competitive in the whale market.

Advertisement
Goodbye GIF

Advertisement
I saw a poster say this Mario Cristobal situation is a catch 22 and I couldn’t agree more. Cause eventually we SHOULD overspend so that you don’t have to do it later. But try to convince that to a bunch of guys who paid a ace recruiter 80 of them thangs
I’d ask them why they spent $80 million on someone whose specialty was program building if they didn’t have proper financial coverage to allow him to compete in an NIL world with no cap.

Not because I’m in any position to request or demand these types of things but because these are millionaires/billionaires who generally should be amazing at long term investment strategies and I’m genuinely curious at the situation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back