2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope Dong is wrong again. I despise everything about 247. Bunch of dong****s.

Advertisement
Anyone else wonder why this kid is a 5 star and Ruben Bain wasn't? All we heard last year was that Bain wasn't a 5 star because of his height but Simmons is listed around the same height and it also looks like he weighs less than Bain did. So my question is how does this kid compare to Bain as a prospect?

Advertisement
Anyone else wonder why this kid is a 5 star and Ruben Bain wasn't? All we heard last year was that Bain wasn't a 5 star because of his height but Simmons is listed around the same height and it also looks like he weighs less than Bain did. So my question is how does this kid compare to Bain as a prospect?
Bain was snubbed because he was viewed as a tweener at 6'2 250 and no one realized how twitched up he really is coming off the edge at that size and not quite big enough to transition to the interior. Terrifying to think that he's still got that twitch, that motor, and weighs 275-280 right now and can play interior. That is an Aaron Donald type profile.

Simmons isn't a tweener as he's always going to play 7 or 9 tech coming off the edge. Extremely twitched up and no one has any questions on that or doubts that.

I just hope Dong is wrong again. I despise everything about 247. Bunch of dong****s.
Honestly him nuking his prediction is as good as it’s going to get.

Idk man…I sense a quiet confidence from our side. Could be the hopium fogging up my brain and the desperation to land someone of quality, but we just might pull this one out.

Advertisement
See here’s the problem. People are being objective and discussing recruiting objectively for the most part. Most are doing reasonable things like questioning our NIL which is logical.

***** *** bully slurpers want to attack and intimidate people for offering honest opinion. They take victory laps yapping at people when we get a commit after whiffing on 10… and when hardly anyone is even blaming Mario beyond 5-7 not being helpful.

They do this on 247 and are allowed to do attack and intimidate others over there. It’s destroyed that board. If you want to do that then I suggest you and every one of your ilk looking to start that **** on here go join 247 where you’ll fit right in.

If you, Cali, or any one of you try taking this board there I will 100% ban you and every one of you.
This topic isn't simply that clear cut. You guys wanna say slippers are bullying yet no one will say the more are as well. It's simply well it's a fair assessment. No one is capable of objectivity. Even in this moment. Your down to top 3 for a top 10 recruit. Rather than enjoying the moment and the attention it gives the program the quarters of the comments wanna keep bringing up a negative take for THIS MOMENT. Like buddy saying even if we do land him it just makes us 14th ranked class in the country over and over... Like it's clear on here people tend to simply pile on one way or the other and to lump everyone in may not be fair as most simply stay quiet while it's the same group either way who keep posting. Well is it not forcing an agenda for either side then? Why is it only the slurpers that are at issue here? Seems like maybe impartiality is an easier approach. Maybe remember what this program has been since the Larry Coker regime and take the positives where you can. Fine you all haven't SEEN much positive in this cycle as of yet. Acknowledge #1 maybe more is at play then an nil budget. #2 you gotta walk before you run. Even getting eyes on this program IS A POSITIVE for us. It's necessary. Past that let's see how things play out. That's all.

Cooper from 247 saying he doesn't have a feel for the commitment and Fong saying he's nuking his prediction? Goddamit now there's a flicker of hope in my heart

image (1).gif

Advertisement
I have no idea who he is picking. But we are ALL doing this to ourselves once again lol!!! Me included. Why not a shocker on aug 10?

Advertisement
This topic isn't simply that clear cut. You guys wanna say slippers are bullying yet no one will say the more are as well. It's simply well it's a fair assessment. No one is capable of objectivity. Even in this moment. Your down to top 3 for a top 10 recruit. Rather than enjoying the moment and the attention it gives the program the quarters of the comments wanna keep bringing up a negative take for THIS MOMENT. Like buddy saying even if we do land him it just makes us 14th ranked class in the country over and over... Like it's clear on here people tend to simply pile on one way or the other and to lump everyone in may not be fair as most simply stay quiet while it's the same group either way who keep posting. Well is it not forcing an agenda for either side then? Why is it only the slurpers that are at issue here? Seems like maybe impartiality is an easier approach. Maybe remember what this program has been since the Larry Coker regime and take the positives where you can. Fine you all haven't SEEN much positive in this cycle as of yet. Acknowledge #1 maybe more is at play then an nil budget. #2 you gotta walk before you run. Even getting eyes on this program IS A POSITIVE for us. It's necessary. Past that let's see how things play out. That's all.
Yes. The slurpers are the bigger problem. They attack others on here and threaten. One of them was saying how he was going to go after anyone who had NIL criticism - really questioning though - if Simmons commits and those people who questioned NIL better not celebrate if we get Simmons - essentially that. We will send them elsewhere if they do so.

Bringing up that the commit would only bring us down from 18 to 14 is a fact. The point is we need several more commits to get back to where we want to be. Those are discussions that are normal to have. Now, if we land the commitment and people start ****ting on it that way in the commitment thread then they too will get dealt with by us as they have before.

Hopefully we land Simmons. Apparently the staff feels good about it. We’ll see soon enough. We need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back