2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yow i seen a lizard fan post the committ video, is it a real video or doctored and if its real, did he do it for all 3 teams?

Advertisement
Nothing personal against the guy. It’s just one of the things that leads to absolute meltdowns here.

A player none of us were expecting is now getting a ton of random smoke because of silly eyeball emoji’s and “gut feelings.”

If/when that player doesn’t pick Miami, the meltdown here (especially with the Franklin rumors) is going to be seismic.

1000%

Best part is this goof says "I don't think we get him"…In the thread under his own tweet.

Yow i seen a lizard fan post the committ video, is it a real video or doctored and if its real, did he do it for all 3 teams?
Yeah he did it for all 3 teams but ours said “committed” at the end. Could be that he just let ours play longer than others

So..... What's the latest here? Is it Mission accomplished were he got attention from our fan base and our Miami sites got extra clicks and traffic with recruiting **** based on we might have a shot or is there any legit intel that he's picking us. We've been used and abused this cycle. Ready for rinse and repeat.

There hasn’t been 1 shred of real evidence in our favor other than we are in the final 3.

Advertisement
You are going against perhaps the top bag school in the history of the game with NIL and under the table "black gold".

No one is getting a Steph today lol... things can change by the second

Oh I know it’s a mountain to overcome. Just would be a massive W for the good guys if we somehow could do it

I'm going with D$'s bank assessment for us to "expect fireworks" this month. I'm leaning on him being a CANE. D$ mentioned that "LSU DLine coach went out on medical leave" and he was favored to go there. His mom was super impressed with Coach JT. We could be the one fellas.

Advertisement

It’s decision day for Duncanville (Texas) High teammates, five-star edge Colin Simmons and Top247 running back Caden Durham.

LSU is considered the heavy favorite to land Durham who has also strongly considered Oklahoma, Texas A&M and UTSA. Brian Kelly and his staff head into to the day with 22 commits and 247Sports’s No. 11 ranked recruiting class. We expect them to have at least 23 commits by day’s end.

Could it be 24?

Sources continue to indicate the 6-foot-3, 225-pound Simmons is giving the LSU staff reason to believe he’s coming. We felt strongly about LSU’s position last summer when a 247Sports Crystal Ball Forecast was logged and still liked that prediction following his visit for the spring game this past April. While I know Simmons gave Texas a lot of reasons to be confident following his official visit the weekend of June 23, he did the same with LSU following another unofficial visit the last weekend in July.

So how does it all add up on decision day?

I think think confidence remains around Austin (and really hasn’t wavered since the June official), and at this point I grade it as more optimism than confidence around Baton Rouge.

Miami is still in contact with Simmons. We’ve seen Mario Cristobal and his staff pull shockers before and the two parties spoke last night. They are battling.

I’m going to nuke my prediction and see where the excitement takes us. There is Texas confidence, you can't discount LSU, all the visits to campus and the regular communication with Frank Wilson and others on their staff all the way to the buzzer. And again you have Miami and Cristobal hanging around.

Advertisement

It’s decision day for Duncanville (Texas) High teammates, five-star edge Colin Simmons and Top247 running back Caden Durham.

LSU is considered the heavy favorite to land Durham who has also strongly considered Oklahoma, Texas A&M and UTSA. Brian Kelly and his staff head into to the day with 22 commits and 247Sports’s No. 11 ranked recruiting class. We expect them to have at least 23 commits by day’s end.

Could it be 24?

Sources continue to indicate the 6-foot-3, 225-pound Simmons is giving the LSU staff reason to believe he’s coming. We felt strongly about LSU’s position last summer when a 247Sports Crystal Ball Forecast was logged and still liked that prediction following his visit for the spring game this past April. While I know Simmons gave Texas a lot of reasons to be confident following his official visit the weekend of June 23, he did the same with LSU following another unofficial visit the last weekend in July.

I think think confidence remains around Austin (and really hasn’t wavered since the June official), and at this point I grade it as more optimism than confidence around Baton Rouge.

Miami is still in contact with Simmons. We’ve seen Mario Cristobal and his staff pull shockers before and the two parties spoke last night. They are battling.

I’m going to nuke my prediction and see where the excitement takes us. There is Texas confidence, you can't discount LSU, all the visits to campus and the regular communication with Frank Wilson and others on their staff all the way to the buzzer. And again you have Miami and Cristobal hanging around.

Lmao Wiltfong tired of getting bodied on them CB hahaha. This feels like the old recruiting announcements. Finger nails biting.

Oh I know it’s a mountain to overcome. Just would be a massive W for the good guys if we somehow could do it
We could . We are in the game. But no one can predict anything bot even my boy @Cribby with confidence with so many variable$ that show up especially in the last second. This is not a Samson situation either where we led cover to cover and closed it out. We came from behind, had some grest luck that LSU's guy bowed out and we put ourselves in a great position. But yeah we just have to wait it out and see. I would say it would be the Mauigoa of the DL if he lands him. Bringing in a dude like that is an atomic bomb for your class.

Could it be 24?

Absolutely no new information here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back