2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knows where he’s going. Anyone that thinks “ this is coming down to the wire“ should be fitted with a permanent bicycle helmet.
You really don’t think he’s made his mindup? If he hadn’t, he wouldn’t have a commitment date set. It’s not like it was NSD where there’s pressure and a deadline.

He’s already decided, anyone saying it’s “coming down to the wire”, “making a late push” etc… just doesn’t know where he’s going, and they have too much pride to say “yeah sorry guys, I don’t know anything”

Pride is the devil.

Advertisement
I love random Twitter posts like this. So many of these Twitter guys love doing this sh*t and then nothing happens. It costs absolutely nothing to post something like this and be wrong.

Anything to generate clicks.

You’re giving him exactly what he’s asking for tho and that’s why they continue to do it , because it works

I wish yal would just scroll by instead of reposting and increasing the audience for this type of nonsense

He knows where he’s going. Anyone that thinks “ this is coming down to the wire“ should be fitted with a permanent bicycle helmet.
Any truth to the rumor it’s here? Not talking about Tejada. Talking about the alleged video.

Similar to Lightfoot. Everyone thought it was a last minute decision. Yet judging by the announcement when the entire family was decked out in UM gear and the well done video, it was pretty obvious he knew for awhile.

Advertisement
IMG_2223.gif

Yea, I finally realized who most of these recruiting gurus remind me of....weathermen/meteorologists. “There’s a 100% chance that it may, or may not rain today.” When they’re wrong, which is the majority of the time, people just chalk it up as being the nature of the business.
don't insult meteorologists.

**** is so simple, yet people want to make it complicated & puff their chest like they’re the plug.

The kid is a top 10 player in America, NO ONE had an expiration date/deadline on his offer. He picked this date once he realized where he was going.

Advertisement
Lets be clear every prospect we miss people gonna meltdown, and so they should.

The only thing i dont like is when people cry because UF and FSU are doing well on the trail. Like what are we supposed to do about that? If our targets are still there im not freaking out until they start committing elsewhere.

Thats why Scott, warranted meltdown, Stewart, warranted meltdown. Ifua going to 8&4, warranted meltdown.

KJ Bolden goes to FSU, kool, next story. We had nothing to do with it.

“This could get interesting” followed by, “I don’t think we land him.” What kind of double-speak, cover all your bases nonsense is this? All these “insiders” annoy the heck out of me when they pull this stuff.

For folks that say this, they're just setting the narrative for when the kid picks Texas. Then it becomes a new narrative for them (for clicks, of course) - "we were leading but Texas came through with a big offer at the 11th hour". etc etc

Advertisement
I follow Brad and I worry for this guys health - he is legit the only person I follow in a Twitter space seemingly 24/7 lol if I log into twitter at the top it’s just always him in a Canes twitter space that has a title -🍹 We drunk on Canes 🐳 at 6:29 AM on a Wednesday
Lmao, I laughed out loud reading this because those spaces he gets into are just hilariously titled like that 99% of the time. 🤣🤣🤣

If that’s the case the pick won’t be Miami
Why would that be your final analysis from above post? Let me guess.. gut feeling?

In June DMoney made it clear if he was committing soon he believed it would be Miami.

Literally last week DMoney said “canes remain firmly in the mix”.

Not saying it’s canes (Im speculating like others), but if he decided Miami weeks ago would it be that crazy? Not really.

Advertisement
Why would that be your final analysis from above post? Let me guess.. gut feeling?

In June DMoney made it clear if he was committing soon he believed it would be Miami.

Literally last week DMoney said “canes remain firmly in the mix”.

Not saying it’s canes (Im speculating like others), but if he decided Miami weeks ago would it be that crazy? Not really.
That’s true

I actually agree with @AllAboutTheU and if he wasn’t being so whiny his point would come across better.

There have been dozens of pages about NIL issues on many of the individual recruit pages and it’s really hard to keep track of.

If people are warned and linked to the thread about NIL challenges or changes that would help I think. No need to shut the threads down but tell them where to go with it

I mean...you're not wrong. Every "recruit thread" becomes an NIL mope-fest. Every "football thread" becomes a psychological study on "nepotism". And nearly every thread, regardless of topic, becomes a self-centered emotional outburst over "20 years" or "MTSU".

The internet is great for "exchange of information". But the constant outflow of sensitive feelings/fragility is just pathetic.

Yeah, some porsters are keepin' it real...real soft...

Lets be clear every prospect we miss people gonna meltdown, and so they should.

The only thing i dont like is when people cry because UF and FSU are doing well on the trail. Like what are we supposed to do about that? If our targets are still there im not freaking out until they start committing elsewhere.

Thats why Scott, warranted meltdown, Stewart, warranted meltdown. Ifua going to 8&4, warranted meltdown.

KJ Bolden goes to FSU, kool, next story. We had nothing to do with it.
Eh, this isn’t worth a meltdown to me…and this is coming from someone that’s been beating the whole “wake the f^ck up and start landing players in the summer” point on the board.

We’ve surged late, maybe a quiet confidence…would be ecstatic if we land him, but if not, oh well.

Franklin and Breland are meltdown-worthy considering the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back