2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he signs it has nothing to do with NIL reappearing. It has always been there. It is just limited and there is a budget and means Simmons was the priority with the most receptive mindset. We have enough to “overpay” to get some top players just not all of them or ones that are not rated as must get. Since the beginning of the cycle it has always been DL is getting the biggest budget. The NIL made CFB a free market system. It is good and bad, but everyteam can overpay for their target or position of choice for each cycle. Last year our was OL- this year not. Did it hurt not getting Scott Stewart or Jackson? Not really UNLESS you dont get 2 of simmons franklin and breeland ALSO.

Do we get him, i want to believe and hope so.

Advertisement
From LSU site earlier today:

"Mike Roach put his crystal ball on Texas for the 5-star Simmons early Tuesday evening with a confidence level of 4. He joined other Texas analysts from other networks in siding with the Longhorns.

I talked to a couple of others in Texas and apparently there is a coach in the DFW area who has told some folks Simmons committed to Texas. For full transparency, I did not put Mike on the spot or even ask about that out of respect to see if that may have had anything to do with his pick because I trust the folks who gave me that and it would not have changed anything on my end.

After doing some more digging late last night and early this morning, I'm going to switch my crystal ball to Texas. I believe the NIL factor is too life-changing to pass up and will push the Horns over the top."

Normally, we wouldn't have brought up this recruitment on the Twitter space when the topic is more focused on camp or something else, but we did for a reason.

This recruitment is the exact example of why you recruit until the very end and never throw in the towel. Both Dmoney and I mentioned in June that Miami was fading at one point. They have come on strong between July and August in this recruitment and have done a phenomenal job overall. Miami has gone above and beyond even in terms of his younger brother’s situation.

Colin has not told a publication or school where he is headed for sure tomorrow, but I can say this and echo the statement if Dmoney has already shared it: Miami is very much in this recruitment, and it's a war with Texas in the 11th hour. I’m not saying he’s going to pick Miami, I’m still not even sure, but there is definitely a chance it could happen.

Normally, we wouldn't have brought up this recruitment on the Twitter space when the topic is more focused on camp or something else, but we did for a reason.

This recruitment is the exact example of why you recruit until the very end and never throw in the towel. Both Dmoney and I mentioned in June that Miami was fading at one point. They have come on strong between July and August in this recruitment and have done a phenomenal job overall. Miami has gone above and beyond even in terms of his younger brother’s situation.

Colin has not told a publication or school where he is headed for sure tomorrow, but I can say this and echo the statement if Dmoney has already shared it: Miami is very much in this recruitment, and it's a war with Texas in the 11th hour. I’m not saying he’s going to pick Miami, I’m still not even sure, but there is definitely a chance it could happen.
But someone from your network put a CB in for him to Miami......

Advertisement

Thanks, Geo.

I'm curious. Why were we fading in June when he did his OV in early June? And, as for July/Aug, he didn't even visit so what changed? Perhaps losing out on guys like Scott/Stewart/et al allowed us to raise his NIL? If that's the reason we were stronger in July/August, then it won't end well for us in the NIL arms race.

But someone from your network put a CB in for him to Miami......
Yes, but we can have differing takes though. If someone asked me personally to put a pick in for this one, I just wouldn’t. Not even the crew that will be handling the set tomorrow knows yet, that’s not the norm for these commitments. We get the Intel days in advance and it’s why we are prepared with stories for commitments.

Advertisement

The perfect hedge

Advertisement
Crazy to think about, because Miami wasn’t even on Fletcher like that earlier in the cycle for 2023. It was a big win down the stretch to come in later.

Mario has shown he can course correct, it's one of his best traits. Hope he's been able to adjust with these DL recruits after missing a couple of our top targets. Simmons would be such a huge momentum swing for us.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back