2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a moron if you believed the top 5 class whale pumpers. After a 5-7 season?? Come on peeps. Have a good season, land a top 12 class and 2025 class will be somethin...
Animated GIF

Advertisement
That all sounds good in theory but I would just take a step back and ask "ok, so how is that philosophy working out for them?" We have the 18th ranked class and the lowest ranked class in the big 3.

With all the realignment stuff going on, I just hope they have a sense of urgency at Miami and are willing to read the tea leaves and adjust. This isn't just another recruiting cycle IMO, we need to show, now more than ever, that we're committed to football and to winning.
Hopefully they‘d say ” we aren’t emotional fans on a message board losing their **** or celebrating every little loss / win even though it’s early August”. I’d hope they’re professionals that trust their game plan and history of success with recruiting. Not riding ebbs and flows of emotion but instead grinding with their hands down.

Regardless somebody is going to be wrong here. I just tend to lean towards the side not going on emotion and that trusts what they’re doing. They also know more than any of us with their process and board. We can just assume.

Advertisement
Hopefully they‘d say ” we aren’t emotional fans on a message board losing their **** or celebrating every little loss / win even though it’s early August”. I’d hope they’re professionals that trust their game plan and history of success with recruiting. Not riding ebbs and flows of emotion but instead grinding with their hands down.

Regardless somebody is going to be wrong here. I just tend to lean towards the side not going on emotion and that trusts what they’re doing. They also know more than any of us with their process and board. We can just assume.
That A&M game is gonna be a biggin'.

That all sounds good in theory but I would just take a step back and ask "ok, so how is that philosophy working out for them?" We have the 18th ranked class and the lowest ranked class in the big 3.

With all the realignment stuff going on, I just hope they have a sense of urgency at Miami and are willing to read the tea leaves and adjust. This isn't just another recruiting cycle IMO, we need to show, now more than ever, that we're committed to football and to winning.
Everything has felt a little lacking in urgency in our AD.

What if your offer is as good or better as some schools ? Just keep paying more and outbidding yourself for every kid ? I have news for people thats not smart and has no longevity. We aren’t broke but we aren’t balling on that level and few are. What UF is doing this class won’t last. Especially with no long term plan or success. What they’re doing is desperation especially after their NIL **** show last year.

Fact is we’ve went high level recruiting this year and into even deeper waters than last year. **** near every top kid on our board was a national elite recruit. To play in that section of the pool you better have a lot going for yourself. You aren’t in the running or the top threes of any of those guys if you are “ broke “.
This has been my feeling this entire cycle. Also, great point regarding other people’s money. It’s easy to want to overspend at will when it isn’t your capital, and many fans don’t understand this.

Last season was brutal, there’s no sugar coating it. Other coaches are using this against us in a major way.

There’s a difference between our 5-7, where most of the time we looked incapable of scoring a single touchdown, or being able to stop other teams from scoring at will, and another team’s 5-7 or 6-6, where said team fought hard and looked competent even if at a talent disadvantage.

I know that some will disagree with me, but in my opinion, it’s of the utmost importance that we win big this season. 9 or 10 games is a must in order to really right this ship.

Being in many of the elite kids top 3 and repeatedly getting left at the altar while sometimes having the better offer is a clear indication that Mario is not getting the benefit of the doubt.

Thankfully, this cycle isn’t over. But the margin of error is at critical mass. Cannot keep on missing at this point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Cmon, fellow vet. You know better to think I'm talking about "offers". I'll run down the list and these guys were down to the final 2-3 teams and we were in it. My list has 14 names and you can probably argue 1-2 others (Cotrell, et al). We were down to the final 2 on several of these guys.

Shemar
Lucas
DJ Hicks
Banks
Agbo
Cameron Williams
Baxter
Anthony Hill
Derek Williams Jr
Kirkland (debatable)

2024 (note, it's incomplete but you get the picture):
Gibson
Ahfau (possible)
Breland (possible)
Simmons (possible)

As for the other way around, Texas/ATM weren't in the running (final 2-3) for any of the ones you mentioned, that I recall.
Not disagreeing with the overall point, but not sure about Gibson.
I'm probably wrong but I think we got our #1 RB before he committed to UT....please correct me if I have the timing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back