2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t say nothing @Cribby. We’ll find out when he decides. Texas and LSU find out he’s leaning this way and throw some stupid offer out at the last minute and fck us. Loose lips sink ships.
1691428685300.gif

Advertisement
I'm not from South Florida, but it's really interesting to me it seems that only South Florida kids have the balls to go away to school. Every other top kids always say Miami is just too far. Blows my mind tbh. Obviously not every kid, but the majority always have that excuse.

Yeah just cautioning people. But i know either way its gonna be mad pandimonium when Simmons this week and Stone in a couple weeks commits. One thing to note about both was the moms really like Miami. But i feel the kids usually make their own decisions. Usually, not always, sometimes they will follow the parents advice. Im ready for the football, because regardless of who we get or dont get in the summer we better show up ready to play and dominate every week. Thats gonna matter who we get, flip or lose.
So.. uhh.. probably maybe?

lol I really wanted to hit agree. But for some reason "usually, not always, sometimes" has me laughing. In all seriousness it's a really good way to describe a recruiting decision.

Good info.

Btw i sometimes remember one comment Simmons made after his OV. Anyone remembers? On page 5 of this thread : "They answered every question in my book, in my brain. I didn’t have to ask nothing. They just had everything set up. It was like, 'Why not?"
Yes correct that was from his mom, hope she helps us here unlike Scott's mom.

Advertisement
I'm not from South Florida, but it's really interesting to me it seems that only South Florida kids have the balls to go away to school. Every other top kids always say Miami is just too far. Blows my mind tbh. Obviously not every kid, but the majority always have that excuse.
We just see it like that because we follow Miami. Wayne, Riley Williams, Francis, Samson, Popo. Alot of UGA and Bama classes

Yep. I admit I bought into the hypo from last week but I won't set myself up for disappointment. I'm back to "we not getting him". It is interesting to me, though, how we targeted Scott, Stewart, Lightfoot, Franklin, Stone, Simmons and Breland given how highly sought after DL are and how unwilling we are to breaking the NIL bank.

From Sat evening pod with Texas and LSU crooting guys:

Summary items of note:

- Keeping decision close to the vest, knows how to work social media. They don't think Mom even knows.
- Simmons has always professed with wanting to play in the SEC
- both schools feel good on what they're selling
- LSU historically doesn't recruit South Dallas well
- LSU feeling good about signing another Duncanville kid (RB)
- He's been to Texas and LSU about 8 times in the past 14 months or so

We've had our fair share of prospects visit us countlessly and choose elsewhere. I'm not sure this recruitment will be over with announcement.

Advertisement
I think its very simple. The 5-7 is really hanging around the staff's neck. And with that our inability or unwillingness to match offers over certain amount. U end up with the L's we been taking. Very simple.
You're probably right.

Which means Mario is going all in on this season and has to win eight to nine games. Because the money ain't changing, and 5-7 can't change til you play.

And if he doesn't, he's a dead man here. This is Year 2....

You're probably right.

Which means Mario is going all in on this season and has to win eight to nine games. Because the money ain't changing, and 5-7 can't change til you play.

Just need to show improvement. This class isn't going to match last year's class, but it doesn't have to be a disaster either. If he wins 7-8 games and is very competitive/competent in the losses and pulls in, say a Top 12 class, there's no reason to abandon ship. But you gotta show improvement or yes we're just stuck in the same spinning toilet we've been in for years. You can't recruit well enough because you're not winning. You're not winning because you're not recruiting well enough (and you're coaching like a pile of ***). Something has to give. 8-4 isn't nearly good enough, but if we look good in all the games and lose some at the gun and he salvages something around #12 on the crooting side, we're heading in the right direction. He recruited the best class in the history of the school in 2023. Some of those kids literally arrived to campus in the last month. You can't be a dead man walking 4 months from now if you improve on the field.

NOW.....recruiting continues to underwhelm AND you look like a ****burger on the field again? Yeah, we got problems.

You're probably right.

I think we all dead if it doesnt work out. He aint getn bought out. And he gonna have to rely on developmental players for 3 years infront of 5k people at Hard Rock. Cristobal might just resign if that happens. He is a highly competitive guy. He aint celebrating 2 many cycles with 15 3 stars

Advertisement
You're probably right.

I never would've expected year 2 to be a must win season. Its just.. the whole thing snowballs really quickly. Have to win THIS year in order to land the transfers needed to be competitive NEXT year. More specifically, to convince the mythical transfer QB (that everyone has convinced themselves exists) to play at Miami.

The 2024 schedule doesn't exactly scream "easy". Even if Jacurri makes a huge leap, they're still going to need to grab a QB out of the portal (along with other starters).

I know Mario isn't going anywhere. But again, a bad season this year can snowball into a bad season next year. Which would be the 3rd in a row. That's a difficult hole to get out of.

Advertisement
You're probably right.

I’ve been saying all off season this upcoming season is the most important in my memory

That seems hyperbole and seems insane to say a guy is in must win mode in year 2. That’s crazy expectations

But to your point and what I’ve been feeling is when you get the initial push we got after decades of miserable support, when you flop like that it adds a lot of pressure. Recruiting is sputtering and that support and vibe seems to quickly have diminished.

It’s not all gone of course, but we need some ******* wins to get this thing back on track. It feels that tenuous and I’m not normally a person that thinks that way

I think its very simple. The 5-7 is really hanging around the staff's neck. And with that our inability or unwillingness to match offers over certain amount. U end up with the L's we been taking. Very simple.

Also brand new staff on both sides of the ball. Lots of question marks. It is what it is at this point. Win football games, close some good players. Land top 15 class, hit portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back