2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone keeps saying top 10 finish and there are very few recruits we actually feel good about. Zaquan and Kamarion are the only two i think we feel strongly about. Those two don’t get us a top 10 class. There has to be bigger fish already in that we don’t know about.
Those 2 plus Afua puts us currently at #6.

There is plenty of meat left on the bone.

If If we added Simmons to the above 3 we would jump free shoes to take #4 spot.

Advertisement
Those are BIIIIIIIIIG ifs.
Shark Tank Writing GIF

Those are BIIIIIIIIIG ifs.
Hence the double IF preference.

Just showing how quickly things can change in recruiting.

I see these posts about majority of kids committed in summer don't flip, and I say well yes true, but there are plenty of high rated non committed guys Miami is in the top 2 for.

Patterson
Franklin
Stone
Ahfua
Mincey
Pierre-Louis
Breeland 2-3
Simmons 2-3

Flip candidates potentially

McCoy
Barney
Mitchell

Get a few of those, and flip 2 guys and now we are top 10 maybe even top 8 by the end of the cycle.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yesterday Texas insiders reported waning confidence out of left field so we gotta be fighting and giving the kid something to think about. Next few days will be interesting.
Would be a massive Win, and again can’t count Mario out. Momma in your corner never hurts.

We’ve sure got some money to blow, and while I’d like to use it ensure a commitment from Breland and/or Franklin…I’ll never get mad at breaking the bank open for a five-star edge rusher.

Hence the double IF preference.

Just showing how quickly things can change in recruiting.

I see these posts about majority of kids committed in summer don't flip, and I say well yes true, but there are plenty of high rated non committed guys Miami is in the top 2 for.

Patterson
Franklin
Stone
Ahfua
Mincey
Pierre-Louis
Breeland 2-3
Simmons 2-3

Flip candidates potentially

McCoy
Barney
Mitchell

Get a few of those, and flip 2 guys and now we are top 10 maybe even top 8 by the end of the cycle.
We would also need a few of the current commits to get big bumps to finish top 8. Last year we finished at 7 with only 4 players including the punter outside the top 700. Only punter and Tinalau were outside the top 1000. We currently have 5 players outside the top 1000 including the kicker.

After last year, I’m fine with taking a bar bell approach to our class and landing a top 10-12 class if we hit on our big needs of DT and WR. Would like to do better at CB and QB but landing that type of class after a good season can set us up for a strong 25 class. More importantly it won’t be a huge drop off and will maintain us on a path to average a Top 10 class over a 3-4 year period.

Would be a massive Win, and again can’t count Mario out. Momma in your corner never hurts.

We’ve sure got some money to blow, and while I’d like to use it ensure a commitment from Breland and/or Franklin…I’ll never get mad at breaking the bank open for a five-star edge rusher.
I was surprised when Gorney/Rivals just predicted Breland to Miami. If that holds true its major. Simmons would be our shock of the cycle if we pull it off. Franklin might not fall our way but the money should be there for us. Landing a couple major guys before game 1 would be very nice.

Advertisement
This kid has always felt SEC bound to me.

No sources but seems like when we were in a rut (Scott, Barney etc…) the cryptic text DMoney got was Miami pressuring some leans to get MO back. Feels like this might be the case again, publicly if we lose Stewart, Simmons & Stone it will be a bad look. So here comes the cryptic text to try and get a little momentum back… I’ll ride with Patterson being the “good news over next 30 days”.
Don’t want to lose those 3 guys but would love having Patterson locked up

Based on the graphics which puts Texas front and center, I predict that Texas is out. It’s between us and LSU. Based further on LSU’s logo being last from left, LSU coming in this late to make the cut, LSU being the common denominator among schools Simmons and a certain running back friend of his have shortlisted, and based furthermore on moms public outpouring of support for us, I predict that he picks LSU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Those 2 plus Afua puts us currently at #6.

There is plenty of meat left on the bone.

If If we added Simmons to the above 3 we would jump free shoes to take #4 spot.
Exactly if we get half of our big targets we will finish higher than we did last year. We are just out of the know this year.

I was surprised when Gorney/Rivals just predicted Breland to Miami. If that holds true its major. Simmons would be our shock of the cycle if we pull it off. Franklin might not fall our way but the money should be there for us. Landing a couple major guys before game 1 would be very nice.
This! Might help us out with other kids that we are on their final 2 or 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back