2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Son Of A Bitch Arnold GIF by Ben L

Advertisement
This kid has always felt SEC bound to me.

No sources but seems like when we were in a rut (Scott, Barney etc…) the cryptic text DMoney got was Miami pressuring some leans to get MO back. Feels like this might be the case again, publicly if we lose Stewart, Simmons & Stone it will be a bad look. So here comes the cryptic text to try and get a little momentum back… I’ll ride with Patterson being the “good news over next 30 days”.

Years ago I posted that I wanted Sark, Freeze, or Lane when Richt retired. Of course I got laughed at. So my question for the staunchly pro Mario faction, is would Sark be landing these kids if he was at Miami? Does this prove Sark is a better recruiter than Mario, or does it all have to do with Texas having the funds to get these kids and not matter who’s coaching at Miami they’ll always be at a major disadvantage?

Is that’s the case, why are you all in on a recruiting first HC that can’t land elite kids over schools that pay more and not somebody that out schemes opponents?

*Assuming this kid chooses Texas of course*

Years ago I posted that I wanted Sark, Freeze, or Lane when Richt retired. Of course I got laughed at. So my question for the staunchly pro Mario faction, is would Sark be landing these kids if he was at Miami? Does this prove Sark is a better recruiter than Mario, or does it all have to do with Texas having the funds to get these kids and not matter who’s coaching at Miami they’ll always be at a major disadvantage?

Is that’s the case, why are you all in on a recruiting first HC that can’t land elite kids over schools that pay more and not somebody that out schemes opponents?

sark was never known as a savant recruiter. Texas is tossing around major money around. They have some nice recruiting coaches (choice, et al), but the real reason they are crooting like crazy is $$$ - not sark.

These arguments are pointless. Simply because u are against Cristobal, the other people supporting and whichever way u land on it, he will be here for years to come. Sarkisan went 5-7 and 8-5. Texas will never struggle to recruit except in years when the coach is on the hotseat. Miami. Has been a broke down truck for 20 years. None of these coaches are gonna beat anyone with a bad roster. It is what it is. U can have a magic season once or twice with the right group and coaches but to build something sustainable is not gonna be overnight. Prime example, Richt won 19 games in his first season. 2 years later we were losing to FIU and LA Tech. Dont remember Richt being some coaching genius.

Btw i wanted Freeze or some scum bag like Art Briles. Go get some Arab money and buy everything.

But i look at where we been and where we need to get to, Cristobal is the right person for the moment. Its a full scale rebuild on and off the field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
These arguments are pointless. Simply because u are against Cristobal, the other people supporting and whichever way u land on it, he will be here for years to come. Sarkisan went 5-7 and 8-5. Texas will never struggle to recruit except in years when the coach is on the hotseat. Miami. Has been a broke down truck for 20 years. None of these coaches are gonna beat anyone with a bad roster. It is what it is. U can have a magic season once or twice with the right group and coaches but to build something sustainable is not gonna be overnight. Prime example, Richt won 19 games in his first season. 2 years later we were losing to FIU and LA Tech. Dont remember Richt being some coaching genius.

Btw i wanted Freeze or some scum bag like Art Briles. Go get some Arab money and buy everything.

But i look at where we been and where we need to get to, Cristobal is the right person for the moment. It’s a full scale rebuild on and off the field.
To be clear, I’m not pro or anti Mario. I’ve always wanted an offensive guy, but I said if Mario is the one that brings the massive funding, it needs to be him. And it was him that had the backing.

But either way you make a fair point. He has a proven track record as a program builder. Hopefully he can get it done in this new era like he did in the pre NIL days. And yes I understand bags were a thing before, but it’s still a big change.

sark was never known as a savant recruiter. Texas is tossing around major money around. They have some nice recruiting coaches (choice, et al), but the real reason they are crooting like crazy is $$$ - not sark.
Yep that’s my point. If it’s about money, anybody that coaches here is gonna be at a major disadvantage. With realignment we’re even gonna be another step behind. That’s why having a coach that relies on recruiting more than scheming worries me. And I’m in no way suggesting Sark is some elite HC, but he’s a great play caller.

Yep that’s my point. If it’s about money, anybody that coaches here is gonna be at a major disadvantage. With realignment we’re even gonna be another step behind. That’s why having a coach that relies on recruiting more than scheming worries me. And I’m in no way suggesting Sark is some elite HC, but he’s a great play caller.

I don’t think you’re gonna get a lot of argument a from folks especially after year 1 of Mario.

Advertisement
This could easily mean LSU but boy oh boy would it be nice to pull the upset here 🙏

Yeah, agree. If we are diverting NIL money from failing to land Stewart or Scott, we still have 4 whales to go after - breland, stone, Franklin and Simmons. Can’t imagine we have that much money to throw around especially compared to Texas and LSU who aren’t in play with so many big time DL like we are.

I don’t think you’re gonna get a lot of argument a from folks especially after year 1 of Mario.
Right and I’m not a doomsday guy on him simply bc of year 1. I’m a doomsday guy bc currently Miami is left holding the $80 million bag of a program builder that relies on talent acquisition going up against schools with deeper pockets bc of tv deals and deeper pockets to fund NIL. Tough to overcome that disadvantage when you aren’t built for instance success via offense, to attract top kids, before those things fully ***** you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back