2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to say this is good or bad or positive/negative but the quieter the kids are on Twitter with nonsense the better the chance I think we have

Pancake played it up last year a bit but most of our big commits were super humble and professional on socials unless I totally missed something

Advertisement

This past June, Duncanville (Texas) High five-star edge rusher Colin Simmons and his family got a chance to spend a lot of time with many of the college programs in strong contention to ultimately land the blue-chipper’s signature.

And these schools made the decision process more difficult.

“June was amazing,” Simmon’s mother Monica McCarley told 247Sports. “Lots of travel.”

Travel for the 247Sports Composite’s No. 1 ranked edge rusher included officials at Miami, SMU, Alabama and Texas, with Oregon getting an unofficial. The official to the Hurricanes campus came the weekend of June 2.

“Oh my goodness,” McCarley said with a laugh. “Listen it was really, really nice. They pulled out all the stops. It was pretty cool. My takeaway of course Jason Taylor is an amazing coach. If anything he’d be the one coach I’d love for Colin to be coached by.”

Simmons loved it as well.

“Everything,” McCarley said of what her son liked. “That’s the only thing he describes. He says Miami checked off all the boxes for him.”

This past June, Duncanville (Texas) High five-star edge rusher Colin Simmons and his family got a chance to spend a lot of time with many of the college programs in strong contention to ultimately land the blue-chipper’s signature.

“June was amazing,” Simmon’s mother Monica McCarley told 247Sports. “Lots of travel.”

Travel for the 247Sports Composite’s No. 1 ranked edge rusher included officials at Miami, SMU, Alabama and Texas, with Oregon getting an unofficial. The official to the Hurricanes campus came the weekend of June 2.

“Oh my goodness,” McCarley said with a laugh. “Listen it was really, really nice. They pulled out all the stops. It was pretty cool. My takeaway of course Jason Taylor is an amazing coach. If anything he’d be the one coach I’d love for Colin to be coached by.”

“Everything,” McCarley said of what her son liked. “That’s the only thing he describes. He says Miami checked off all the boxes for him.”

Great, commit.

Lasagna Big Food Bucket List GIF by Food Network Canada

Advertisement
Kid is ridiculously good. Almost makes you wonder if he is maxed out. On the smaller side but just dominates with athleticism and technique.

I feel like that is usually followed by a 'but...'
exactly

Leveraging the bag 💰

Advertisement
Advertisement

I feel like that is usually followed by a 'but...'
and saying "if anything"

Just generally not how you'd word something if you're coming from the perspective of it currently being at the top of your list.

Kid is ridiculously good. Almost makes you wonder if he is maxed out. On the smaller side but just dominates with athleticism and technique.
Not maxed out at all; he can add plenty of weight & strength in college & maintain his high level athleticism.

He’s the quintessential 3-4 OLB Jack Rusher, his arm length & physical build are perfect as a pure EDGE rusher.

A Maxed out kid is someone like another former Duncanville kid Kendrick Blackshire. Coming out of HS he was like 245-250lbs & big as a fckin house. High ranked Mike LB, but couldn’t see the field his first 2 years because he had to spend the majority of his early career losing weight & trying to transform into a Bama LB. He’s down to 230-ish now & it still uncertain if he’ll even play much this year with Deontae Lawson as the starter & even TF Shawn Murphy is likely going to be playing ahead oh him.

Not maxed out at all; he can add plenty of weight & strength in college & maintain his high level athleticism.

He’s the quintessential 3-4 OLB Jack Rusher, his arm length & physical build are perfect as a pure EDGE rusher.

A Maxed out kid is someone like another former Duncanville kid Kendrick Blackshire. Coming out of HS he was like 245-250lbs & big as a fckin house. High ranked Mike LB, but couldn’t see the field his first 2 years because he had to spend the majority of his early career losing weight & trying to transform into a Bama LB. He’s down to 230-ish now & it still uncertain if he’ll even play much this year with Deontae Lawson as the starter & even TF Shawn Murphy is likely going to be playing ahead oh him.

Yeah, Blackshire might as well call Rhett/Dana and see whats up lol.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back