2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I remember reading up to the commitment of Francis Miami was dead. Now the peeps on here said the opposite. Not saying that's the case but all the howling on NIL and Ruiz, with Miami's struggles is not a ton different from last year before things got popping. Until that falls flat I've got hope
It's just strange because besides @Brooklyndee saying buckle up our insiders are incredibly quiet. As quiet as I've ever seen.

I remember reading up to the commitment of Francis Miami was dead. Now the peeps on here said the opposite. Not saying that's the case but all the howling on NIL and Ruiz, with Miami's struggles is not a ton different from last year before things got popping. Until that falls flat I've got hope
most believed we had a very good shot with Francis leading up to his commitment last year so not sure if we remember that the same

Last edited:
most believed we had a very good shot with Francis leading up to his commitment last year so not sure if we remember that correctly
We were in it the same we had been in it for so many top tier prospects in the past. Most didn’t really think we had a chance to actually land him. It was shortly after the OV that our insiders started leaking out the good news.

We were in it the same we had been in it for so many top tier prospects in the past. Most didn’t really think we had a chance to actually land him. It was shortly after the OV that our insiders started leaking out the good news.
Yea after that visit we started getting good news and were confident asf.

Advertisement
There was panic leading up to his commitment. Sure like any recruitment we had people on both sides. All I was saying we also had plenty say Miami was out of it. Same for a lot of the big targets. I remember reading high confidence for Bonus, and some not many for Aguero. If somehow Mario ***** the bed I'll gladly say I'm dead wrong. I don't have any connections, just been reading recruiting since the first day in grassy. I was a child then lol. I had one go through the process himself, one freshman starting, and probably much higher chance for D1. So even nobodies like me learn over the course of time how stuff typically plays out. Soap box speech complete. Carry on

It's just strange because besides @Brooklyndee saying buckle up our insiders are incredibly quiet. As quiet as I've ever seen.
There is probably a reason. It’s almost like it’s the calm before the storm…something is up. There was a chart put up about visitors last year from a particular weekend and we got every one of them until the late Cormani shenanigans….no national writer predicted that. We stunned them.

The Citizen shock is all we needed to never rule Mario out of a recruitment again. Until Cribby or D$ says we're not in the race, we're in every race.
It was nice to win that one over UF, but most schools/coaches could.

The shock that told everyone we mean business? Taking Saban’s TE in the final hour out of nowhere!

The difference is we were in a similar position as last year. Rashada was 50/50 at best, Francis was all Tennessee, Wayne had some UGA buzz, Riley Williams was thinking west coast, Kinsler (even though he was technically a high 3-star) was UF, Malik Bryant was UF, Popo no OV, Bain was riding in a cart with Saban, Collins was Michigan bound until the last minute, Fletcher was another local guy Ohio St stole, Damari Brown was Saban’s if he really wanted him, etc. Only Samson had Miami vibes.

So the national writers were wrong last year and could be again (well they better be or this board will erupt lol).

Point is…Mario works so silently that no one outside the program really knows where we stack up.
That last part is something us fans are still struggling with

In the past it was painfully obvious what was happening before it went down

I think that coupled with the sheer volume of elite DL we are involved with just has everyone holding back on giving definitive statements

Our fans are taking that us it’s bad news. I don’t

Advertisement
Yep, but don’t get it twisted it was OUR insiders. None of the national media had the BALLS to step up.

Let em learn the hard way again
037CA0F6-E365-452A-9B71-C1183B10F65B.jpeg
F764B521-AEFE-47E6-868B-CB240228AC4A.jpeg

081EBDBF-39A9-408B-81BA-274EEC016634.jpeg

Texas 247 mod with a CB to texas confidence score of 6

Just for me personally, he was always the one who felt least likely. Just so so so hard to pull the #6 overall player in the country who is from Texas not only away from Texas but dragging him past LSU, Bama, UGA etc on his way to Miami.

I’ve always felt better about Scott, Stewart, Breland etc. But all of these kids are going to be recruited incredibly hard until December.

Just for me personally, he was always the one who felt least likely. Just so so so hard to pull the #6 overall player in the country who is from Texas not only away from Texas but dragging him past LSU, Bama, UGA etc on his way to Miami.

I’ve always felt better about Scott, Stewart, Breland etc. But all of these kids are going to be recruited incredibly hard until December.
I feel Scott, Stewart, & Breland is the big 3 we need to focus on and absolutely not get out bid for those guys. Texas is about to go on a run I would have been shocked for the too guy in state to leave that

Advertisement

Yup, those Texas kids are generally loyal to Texas schools. OU and LSU do get their share tho.

On Josh Pate’s Late Kick last night, he was being coy but basically alluded to Simmons looking like Texas.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back