2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

SMU’s NIL collectives have deep pockets. Simmons said as far as how NIL factors into his recruitment, that’s something his mother, Monica, handles.

“Honestly, I like to leave it to my mom a little bit, but I like to hear it myself,” he told On3. “Because it sounds good. I like to hear the money talk, but like to leave it to my mom, let her handle that business and come back to me and tell me what sounds best.”

We know how this goes. The biggest bag and with the earliest possible initial payment wins here.

Advertisement
I think the biggest difference there is that I haven’t seen any sign from Reed that he actual wants to coach. JT on the other hand has taken his time working his way through the ranks. Both would be great recruiters for obvious reasons but JT actually looks like a guy that is honing his skill set and actually becoming a great coach.
Ed Reed would be a problem as a position coach on a staff based on what i seen briefly in the BCU situation.

Its the reason he only wants HC or top DC positions. He doesnt seem to be one that would take orders too well depsite being such a team player as a player.

I was relaly hoping he wouldve latched on at BCU and work way up to bigger gigs...he had a shot to be similar to Deion Sanders an blew it.

Advertisement
Bro is just gonna collect the bags on all the OVs and then head to LSU imo. Tiger culture is very strong in duncanville, ******* Caden durham showed up to his OU OV in lsu slides :/

Bro is just gonna collect the bags on all the OVs and then head to LSU imo. Tiger culture is very strong in duncanville, ******* Caden durham showed up to his OU OV in lsu slides :/
Isn'tDuncanville by Dallas? How is that LSU and not Texas or aTm? I’m not familiar with how it works in that area

Advertisement
He visited the Miami Hurricanes on June 9-11, will visit the Alabama Crimson Tide on June 16-18, the Oregon Ducks on June 20-22, Texas on June 23-25, and Texas A&M on July 26-28. Now, SMU can be added to that list.

LSU and Texas A&M are expected to get fall official visits from Simmons.

Get paid young fella

Isn'tDuncanville by Dallas? How is that LSU and not Texas or aTm? I’m not familiar with how it works in that area
Dallas isn’t really anyones territory, everybody pulls from there. Aggie does mostly own Houston but also battles LSU there. Texas has a good pull in Dallas of course but they have a good pull nationally as well. OU generally runs north texas for the most part and we hit Dallas very well as well. Dallas though is mostly just dependent on what school you actually go to - a lot of them have recruiting advisors that will funnel kids to their college alum, or their will be a popular trainer for that part of that Dallas that pushes kids a certain schools way - it’s really convoluted tbh and just depends what school/part of DFW you’re actually referring to

Dallas isn’t really anyones territory, everybody pulls from there. Aggie does mostly own Houston but also battles LSU there. Texas has a good pull in Dallas of course but they have a good pull nationally as well. OU generally runs north texas for the most part and we hit Dallas very well as well. Dallas though is mostly just dependent on what school you actually go to - a lot of them have recruiting advisors that will funnel kids to their college alum, or their will be a popular trainer for that part of that Dallas that pushes kids a certain schools way - it’s really convoluted tbh and just depends what school/part of DFW you’re actually referring to
That sounds more complicated than South Florida.

Advertisement
Ed Reed would be a problem as a position coach on a staff based on what i seen briefly in the BCU situation.

Its the reason he only wants HC or top DC positions. He doesnt seem to be one that would take orders too well depsite being such a team player as a player.

I was relaly hoping he wouldve latched on at BCU and work way up to bigger gigs...he had a shot to be similar to Deion Sanders an blew it.
I think he seen manny diaz and banda and was like hold on I could do this **** lmfao, I remember him saying he wants to be a hc or coordinator off the rip around that time

@DMoney on CaneInsight Episode 45 "The Bank is Open"

Biggest move upwards [after the visit]
Miami really moved the needle with him and with his mom
There's a lot of love for Miami in Dallas, TX
JT doing great work there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back