2024 D-Line Possible Depth & Versatility

Hstokes1447

Junior
This team could have a very deep (pause) and versatile defensive line. This will allow the staff to creat very specific roles for the young guys to bring them along slowly. I haven’t been this excited about a Miami defensive line in a very long time

4-2-5 Lineup

DE Rueben Bain SO 6-3 285

DE Akheem Mesidor RJR 6-3 280

DE Anthony Campbell RSR 6-7 300

DT Jared Harrison-Hunte RSR 6-4 295

DT Marley Cook RSR 6-2 298

DT Josh Horton RFR 6-4 295

NT C.J. Clark RSR 6-3 305

NT Ahmad Moten RSO 6-3 325

NT Justin Scott FR 6-4 310

DE Elijah Alston RSR 6-2 255

DE Nyjalik Kelly RSO 6-4 250

DE Jayden Wayne SO 6-6 250

3-3-5 Lineup

DE Rueben Bain SO 6-3 285

DE Anthony Campbell RSR 6-7 300

DE Armondo Blount FR 6-4 260

NT C.J. Clark RSR 6-3 305

NT Ahmad Moten RSO 6-3 325

NT Justin Scott FR 6-4 310

DE Akheem Mesidor RJR 6-3 280

DE Jared Harrison-Hunte RSR 6-4 295

DE Marley Cook RSR 6-2 298

NASCAR Lineup

DE Elijah Alston RSR 6-2 255

DE Marquise Lightfoot FR 6-4 215

DE Cole McConathy FR 6-5 225

DT Akheem Mesidor RJR 6-3 280

DT Jared Harrison-Hunte RSR 6-4 295

DT Anthony Campbell RSR 6-7 300

DT Rueben Bain SO 6-3 285

DT Marley Cook RSR 6-2 298

DT Josh Horton RFR 6-4 295

DE Nyjalik Kelly RSO 6-4 250

DE Jayden Wayne SO 6-6 250

DE Booker Pickett Jr. FR 6-3 210

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Someone here said Anthony Campbell would be an NFL draft pick... I think it was ZBrod. Our fans are insane.
He's out of eligibility if I'm not mistaken. Either way he's not playing here in 2024 imo.

Advertisement
It’s good, but stating the obvious that it still needs to be better, specifically inside. Still too many ? for me. If Mesidor can stay healthy for more than 2 games, that’d be nice. I know him and Bain are both in the same mold and play same spot, but I don’t see how both of them don’t start if Mesidor is good to go. Interested to see the Cook kid on this level, would go a long way as a 3rd because I don’t think Moten/Horton will be ready yet. Alston vs Kelly will be fun to watch. It’s go time for Nyjalik, year 3 he needs to come with it (and stay healthy).

Advertisement
Maybe random here, but thought Jayden played well whenever inserted, looking forward to his development. Seemed to play bigger than he is.

He had a moment or 2, but he also looked like a true freshman often too, which is fine and expected. He was forced to play last year and didn’t look out of place but still has a long ways to go obviously.

Advertisement
He had a moment or 2, but he also looked like a true freshman often too, which is fine and expected. He was forced to play last year and didn’t look out of place but still has a long ways to go obviously.
He''s my sleeper pick, let's hope i don't eat my words.

What weight is the staff hoping to get Bain up to if at all Ideally? Just curious. Are they hoping he climbs some more to be dominant rush inside?

Depends on the LBs. Who you got there that merits taking JHH or Cook for that matter off the field?
I’m personally expecting WB to take that next step this year.

Have not looked at any tape or highlights etc.

Assuming WB could step up and master that position well enoough to rationalize keeping JHH or Cook off the field… The question left for me in that scenario is who would be the other LB next to Kiko?

Advertisement
Back