2024 2024 CB Josh Philostin

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

5’10/11 160lbs 4-star CB out of Palm Beach, goes to 3A school Cardinal Newman

Was originally at PBG but transferred to Newman

Had a great Sophomore season with 27tcks 12PBU’s & 1INT, plus 200yds in KO returns & 2 TD’s

Is a natural cover corner with gifted concise footwork & quick-twitch fluidity.
@1:55 does a great job in Bump & run coverage skating his feet out of his stance while reshuffling his feet in his backpedal, make quick route recognition & immediately flipping his hips to recover track the ball down to get the PBU.

He’s got terrific hip & speed turn ability with choppy sudden footwork & transitional lateral movement to cover in-breaking routes. Plays with great hands while staying in Phase & is an active Corner with WR skills.

Has legit 4.4-4.48 speed with good sub 11 100m & sub 22 200m track times:

100m

200m

Also had a 51.48 in the 400m

968BAF2E-EB14-455D-9762-8C7FAC2B6986.jpeg

He camped at Miami this Summer in our 7v7 tournament & visited back in the Spring

A textbook natural pure cover corner with grade A speed, athletic traits & very good eye discipline while in phase. Will need to get bigger because he’s skinny, but he’s a kid that once he hits the S&C program will thrive in the right system. Is a true Field Corner that can be left on an Island, a Dawg in Press Man that can also play Off-cover Zone & has natural savvy technique that can be molded into a future starter.

He only has one offer right now from Indiana, but he will be blowing up more as he begins making the rounds taking more visits & camping. He’ll be a kid to keep tabs on over his Junior season. I think we’d do ourselves a favor by offering him early, but we’ll see if he comes on the staff’s radar.

High upside prospect, reminds me of Lu-Magia Hearns

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's actually terrible technique at 1:55.
He didn't impede the WR's release at all, and even worse, gets completely turned around/lost during his pedal. WR had him beat.

The kids he's guarding just aren't good.
He needs work on his technique.

Plus I'm always weary about Palm Beach kids. They don't play anybody.

Advertisement
He didn't impede the WR's release at all, and even worse, gets completely turned around/lost during his pedal. WR had him beat.

Lots of kids play nobody, even some of the ones we recruiting nationwide. Give me the great athletes who are coachable though

Ok, c’mon … let’s not paint a broad brush… lots of dudes from Palm Beach do just fine…especially compared to outside of South Florida… stop it…

You must have forgot about, Glades, Pahokee, Suncoast, Dwyer, Gardens, Lake Worth, Newman, Atlantic … **** my alma mater John I has just as many dudes hit the NFL as Gibbons.

Can’t be weary of dudes from Palm Beach like that.. that’s crazy talk

Advertisement
You must have forgot about, Glades, Pahokee, Suncoast, Dwyer, Gardens, Lake Worth, Newman, Atlantic … **** my alma mater John I has just as many dudes hit the NFL as Gibbons.

Can’t be weary of dudes from Palm Beach like that.. that’s crazy talk
Every team you just named is mediocre. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Dwyer got beat by Boca Raton HS last season. 🤣 Atlantic lost to Fort Lauderdale High, Doral Academy and STA by a combined score of 90-23 last season.

Palm Beach as a whole is uncompetitive, especially small PBC schools. They pillow fight each other in their county.

At Deerfield I/we had an overall score of 321-28 in 7 games versus PBC schools... including 2 blowouts of Palm Beach Central (44-6) and Palm Beach Gardens (53-9) in the playoffs.

The teams HE'S PLAYING AGAINST in the tape are trash, and that's the main point.
I can tell by looking at who he's lined up across. There's a reason PBC doesn't put anywhere near as many kids in the league as Dade/Broward.

you missed the point.. or I did… ain’t no way in **** over the last 25 years colleges are weary of kids from Palm Beach County .. you are painting with a broad brush …. That’s the point I am making .. Dade/Broward for sure put em out over Palm Beach, but Hit that google search engine for NFL players out of PBC … and compare it to other counties throughout Florida and other states…

Much less the number of kids that play college from Palm Beach…

Muck City - The small school rivalry that has produced over 60 NFL players​

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Forgot how fast this boy is. This is the type of speed we need all over the field. He might blow up this season. Glad we are one of his biggest offers so far. Might be this year's Stafford. Also might go check him out live, i live in Lake Worth so easy drive to the games

Forgot how fast this boy is. This is the type of speed we need all over the field. He might blow up this season. Glad we are one of his biggest offers so far. Might be this year's Stafford. Also might go check him out live, i live in Lake Worth so easy drive to the games

Tagged Addae

Advertisement
Back