2023 Transfer portal

Advertisement
Assuming Wong stays, we land Omier, and we have no unexpected attrition, we have 1 scholly left:

Joseph/Beverly
Wong/Wooga/Robinson
Miller/Watson/Danilo
Walker/Casey
Omier/Aire

The weak spot on that roster is clearly point guard. Who knows what Beverly will be able to provide. He's coming off 2 serious season ending injuries. And Joseph didn't do enough to inspire confidence he's ready to be the starting point.

You forgot Gak.
He is the 13th scholarship.
Which goes back to my original question, how did Coach L figure he had 3 scholarships available?
I have always thought it was one.
The only way to get to three available scholarships would be if Gak and Beverly didn't come back or Wong and Miller turn pro.
Neither of those situations happened so it is one scholarship available.
Personally, I think the priority should be a grad transfer 5 but PG seems to be the direction Coach L is headed.

You forgot Gak.
Which goes back to my original question, how did Coach L figure he had 3 scholarships available?
The only way to get to three available scholarships would be if Gak and Beverly didn't come back or Wong and Miller turn pro.
Personally, I think the priority should be a grad transfer 5 but PG seems to be the direction Coach L is headed.

Gak is not on the team. His collegiate career is done.

You forgot Gak.
Gak is done. He was honored on senior day.

Advertisement
If we whiff on Pack, this guy immediately has to become the top option. If we are looking for a veteran PG, he has too be at the top of our list.
Absolutely.

He’s a 6’2 Guard from Texas originally, that shot 43% from the field & 87% from the Free throw line, that would be HUGE for us, considering how inconsistent from the line we always are lol.

He scored 30 points & had 7 assists vs San Diego ST, then followed it up with a 27pt 10reb & 5ast game vs New Mexico. He had 15 games with 20 or more points, that kind of scoring from the PG spot is invaluable, but on top of being a natural scorer, he’s a very good ball distributor & play maker for the rest of the offense. He was 4th in the Nation in assists, that’s really really good especially in today’s game.

We should be all in on either Antoine Davis (who’s 3rd in the Nation in scoring) or Grant Sherfield.

We add Omier & bring in either one of these big time PG’s that have entered the Portal today, we’re winning the ACC IMO. Even with Bacot coming back for UNC, we’d be favorites to win it & would be primed to make another great tournament run.

Did we replace Caputo with anybody?
Yeah, the news (or interest) in this important need seems to be lacking. His reported skillful (highschooler) recruiting will be missed... but I suppose with all the interest in transfers from the portal, that might be a dead alley, especially as we seem low on full scholarships to offer...

...just thinking out of the box, the idea of Sam, who as been described by Coach L as "just like having an extra assistant coach" - being added to the coaching staff feels good to me, anyone share that opinion?

Of course, maybe Gak too, then we can use his scholarship for another commit! (no, Just Kidding!)
Gak is done. He was honored on senior day.
Not that he's not a nice kid who tries hard, but I hope you are right. Even with the Senior Day thing, he does have a year of eligibility, and the failure of a full-blown announcement makes me think DaLuckyOne (and others) may be right that he could return... hate to see a scholly used (for his return) if we need it for a super duper transfer, but not sure how that would play out.

Yeah, the news (or interest) in this important need seems to be lacking. His reported skillful (highschooler) recruiting will be missed... but I suppose with all the interest in transfers from the portal, that might be a dead alley, especially as we seem low on full scholarships to offer...

...just thinking out of the box, the idea of Sam, who as been described by Coach L as "just like having an extra assistant coach" - being added to the coaching staff feels good to me, anyone share that opinion?

Of course, maybe Gak too, then we can use his scholarship for another commit! (no, Just Kidding!)

Not that he's not a nice kid who tries hard, but I hope you are right. Even with the Senior Day thing, he does have a year of eligibility, and the failure of a full-blown announcement makes me think DaLuckyOne (and others) may be right that he could return... hate to see a scholly used (for his return) if we need it for a super duper transfer, but not sure how that would play out.
I sure as **** hope he’s done. I’m sure he’s a great kid, but he just can’t play at this level.

Advertisement
Ruiz is correct. It’s the reason why the most nationally recognized player on our FB team not named Tyler Van Dyke doesn’t have an NIL deal.

If they have a workaround that’s huge.

Man I was racking my brain for 15 minutes going over the position groups in head trying to figure out who you talking about.

Finally dawned on me it was the Aussie.

Advertisement
Is Beverly really even a PG?? Don't think so; a "combo." Even if he can be a Point, he and Joseph aren't up to what we need, at least not based on what we've seen.

Advertisement
You forgot Gak.
GAK IS GONE.HE ISNT COMING BACK.

Advertisement
Back