2023 Transfer portal

Advertisement

Does anyone else get the feeling that we might be flying a little too close to the sun here?

Not at all. Ruiz can do whatever he wants. Under current state law, UM just can’t be involved in setting up the deals. That’s why they are publicly pushed as they are. The players know without the school being directly involved. It’s very by the book.

Omier is with LifeWallet. 99% sure he's going to be a Cane.

Ruiz is correct. It’s the reason why the most nationally recognized player on our FB team not named Tyler Van Dyke doesn’t have an NIL deal.

If they have a workaround that’s huge.

Advertisement
If we land Omier and Wong indeed comes back, this squad has the chance to be legit. The main remaining questions would be point guard - if we don't land someone in the portal, are Joseph/Beverly good enough to take on that role? And I'd also be concerned about our 3 point shooting. But other than that, this team can be really good.
L is gonna bring in a portal PG. There's no doubt.

If we land Omier and Wong indeed comes back, this squad has the chance to be legit. The main remaining questions would be point guard - if we don't land someone in the portal, are Joseph/Beverly good enough to take on that role? And I'd also be concerned about our 3 point shooting. But other than that, this team can be really good.
I don't think Joseph is ready to be the full-time pg, but I def think we will use our bench a lot more this season

Advertisement
Advertisement

Of our targets:
Pack is #1
Young is #11
Omier is #18
Bates is #20

There's an article talking about the best fits for Pack (they make a case for Marquette, Xavier, Gonzaga, Arizona, Purdue, staying at K State, NC State, Ohio State, Duke, Tennessee, and Miami). Here's what they say about how he'd fit at Miami:

Kameron McGusty and Charlie Moore have both exhausted their eligibility, so Miami needs a difference-making guard. Moore and McGusty are both good 3-point shooters, but Pack is an excellent sniper. Miami loves to play four guards and ideally, Jim Larranaga would prefer a 5-man who can step outside and shoot 3s. It's a dream scheme for point guards, and Pack could get buckets and run the Hurricanes. If Isaiah Wong returned, that'd be another ball-dominant guard, but you need multiple ball-handlers to win at a high level. Plus, Wong is more of a slasher, so Pack would complement him really well. Wong and Pack could be a deadly combination in the ACC.

👀

How many scholly’s we got left?

Assuming Wong stays, we land Omier, and we have no unexpected attrition, we have 1 scholly left:

Joseph/Beverly
Wong/Wooga/Robinson
Miller/Watson/Danilo
Walker/Casey
Omier/Aire

The weak spot on that roster is clearly point guard. Who knows what Beverly will be able to provide. He's coming off 2 serious season ending injuries. And Joseph didn't do enough to inspire confidence he's ready to be the starting point.

Advertisement
Assuming Wong stays, we land Omier, and we have no unexpected attrition, we have 1 scholly left:

Joseph/Beverly
Wong/Wooga/Robinson
Miller/Watson/Danilo
Walker/Casey
Omier/Aire

The weak spot on that roster is clearly point guard. Who knows what Beverly will be able to provide. He's coming off 2 serious season ending injuries. And Joseph didn't do enough to inspire confidence he's ready to be the starting point.
I’d expect that last spot to go to a veteran PG

Advertisement
Back