2023 Transfer portal

We are about a week removed from the end of the CBB season. There are going to be multiple waves of transfers between now and the summer. I'm fine being picky

Every team has this problem to some extent. Strike too quickly, and you won't have room for a guy you wanted. Wait too long, and the best options will have gone elsewhere. Tough needle to thread.

Advertisement
I

Updated below:

Jaelin Llewellyn
Manny Bates
Nijel Pack (visited this weekend)
Norchad Omier (visited this weekend)
Jahmir Young
Updated. Llewellyn chose Clemson. I'm not sure if we are involved with Bates and Young anymore. Very short list as of now

Nijel Pack (visited this weekend)
Norchad Omier (visited this weekend)

Maybe
Manny Bates
Jahmir Young

Advertisement
I really think Omier is going to be a Cane. His friend is commenting on a lot of John Ruiz's tweets about getting an NIL deal for him. The only reason I would think he doesn't join is if Coach L wants someone else, but that wouldn't make sense at all. This kid is too **** talented to pass up on.

Advertisement
I really think Omier is going to be a Cane. His friend is commenting on a lot of John Ruiz's tweets about getting an NIL deal for him. The only reason I would think he doesn't join is if Coach L wants someone else, but that wouldn't make sense at all. This kid is too **** talented to pass up on.

I tend to agree, it makes a lot of sense for both sides, but he is visiting WVU, and I think he'd be an interesting/good fit in Huggins' defense

Which goes back to what I and others on here have been harping about for a while now and that's that our staff has to do a better job of identifying and recruiting the local talent. It's mind-boggling as to how we keep seeing kids who weren't recruited by Miami go off to other places and do their thing. Larranaga and crew have to start prioritizing our state. By no means am I saying only recruit Florida, but to not have a single FL player on the roster is baffling, especially considering the roster problems we've had over the last few years.

A solid player who played at my almamater that im sure couldve helped us at some point in his career.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We seem to be extremely selective with the transfers we are going after. There are a lot of the top guys we aren't involved with.

Advertisement
Back