2023 Transfer portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's definitely a 4

Admittedly, I've never actually watched him play, but this is the Athletics' writeup of him:

The story here is remarkable. A Nicaraguan forward who didn’t really pick up basketball until he was 13, Omier has developed into one of the most productive big men in the country. He’s a multi-time first-team All-Sun Belt member, and won the league’s Player of the Year award this season in 2022. An undersized big, the name of the game here is balance and fundamentals. Omier has tremendous body control around the basket, and knows how to use his big, 235-pound frame to shield the ball from defenders and score around the basket. His touch around the rim is exceptional, and his footwork is precise. He averaged 18 points and 12 rebounds per game while shooting 63 percent from the field, dominating the interior by carving out space with terrific lower body strength. His defensive ability is also real, as he won the Sun Belt Defensive Player of the Year award through sheer activity. His motor doesn’t stop running, and he’s constantly trying to hunt ways to move his man around into an advantageous position for himself on both ends. It’s hard to explain without watching him, but Omier just really knows how to use his lack of size to his advantage to leverage opponents away from the rim, play through contact, and dominate the interior. I do have some real worries about him moving levels, and how that will translate. He’s a non-shooter at this point who doesn’t have great mechanics in that regard. And as an undersized big, it’s possible that the athletic giants at the high-major level could work to undermine his effectiveness. The fit here is going to be absolutely essential. He needs to find the perfect landing spot, but if he does, he has all-league upside just due to how hard he plays.

Sounds like he's more of a Draymond-ish 5

Advertisement
If Jordan Miller can improve his shot and handle (I think he has the raw skills and athleticism) enough to slide into the 3… he’ll make himself a LOT of money.

If we were to get a combo like Pack and Omier with Miller moving to the 3… if Wong comes back (with the incoming recruits)… oooohhhweeeee… that’d be nice.

If Jordan Miller can improve his shot and handle (I think he has the raw skills and athleticism) enough to slide into the 3… he’ll make himself a LOT of money.

If we were to get a combo like Pack and Omier with Miller moving to the 3… if Wong comes back (with the incoming recruits)… oooohhhweeeee… that’d be nice.
I’m salivating over the thought of this roster (not likely, but it’s possible)
Pack/Joseph/Beverly?
Wong/Wooga/robinson
Miller/Watson/Danilo
Walker/casey
Omier/Aire

Any word on Devin Carter? SG from South Carolina. Anthony Carter who I think lives off sunset by campus is his pops. Ex heat PG. Just entered portal today
I think you are thinking of Desmond Howard. He lives off Sunset less than a mile south of campus. I saw him at football practice about a week ago.

Advertisement
I think you are thinking of Desmond Howard. He lives off Sunset less than a mile south of campus. I saw him at football practice about a week ago.
Yeah des lives by school house and sunset I believe. Used to have a big Michigan flag outside his place. Not sure if AC still lives in area but I know he used to.

Advertisement

This guy commented on John Ruiz's post and he was the source of the picture with Coach L and Norchad O.
Hopefully, LifeWallet will give him an NIL deal ASAP like today lol, and while they're at it see if Nijel Pack would want one as well

Advertisement
Back