2023 Snap Counts

Advertisement
Deen is working his way back still. Messidor‘s issue is still lingering. At this point I’d think
about calling it a day with him and getting him a medical shirt. Him and Bain would be amazing next year. Mesidor won’t be the one eating doubles and chips anymore. If our guys pulled a Fsu and all returned it would be our best team in years.

Not sure how you reduce JHH's snaps the way he played v Clemson. Work Deen back slowly.

Right now, it looks like we're getting TVD back. If we get Mesidor back, too, then our 2024 is shaping up to be a playoff run level year. Gotta convince Rivers to return, Robinson to commit, and fill the gaps at S and Taylor's spot.

Not sure how you reduce JHH's snaps the way he played v Clemson. Work Deen back slowly.

Right now, it looks like we're getting TVD back. If we get Mesidor back, too, then our 2024 is shaping up to be a playoff run level year. Gotta convince Rivers to return, Robinson to commit, and fill the gaps at S and Taylor's spot.
maybe the solution is to play deen at end with LT and JHH inside. i think we did this once or twice against clemson when we went 4 DL but maybe it was a 3-3-5 setup cant remember

maybe the solution is to play deen at end with LT and JHH inside. i think we did this once or twice against clemson when we went 4 DL but maybe it was a 3-3-5 setup cant remember
That was only because they were running a stunt. Deen was able to push the tackle inside freeing up one of our guys to get a free run. Well, that was the idea.

Advertisement
For the 1,349th time, reduce Cam Mccormick's snaps from 71 (93%!) to about 40 snaps.

"But, Lu, we had a True Frosh QB and needed to establish the run."

- You can do that out of 4WR and WITH Smith in the backfield for anywhere from 6-8 plays/game
- You can run 4WR for the "extra 30" snaps in a game with 76 snaps.
- Within that 4WR, here are potential personnel groups:

(a) Brashard (RB), Young (SE), Ray Ray (slot), Restrepo (slot), George (X)
(b) Traditional RB, Young (SE), Brashard (slot), Restrepo (slot), George (X)
(c) Traditional RB, Young (SE), George (slot), Restrepo (slot), Horton (X).

Depending on the defensive adjustment, you can still run your IZ plays, and I'd love to see Brashard attempt some of those runs to the C gap.

I promise it won't actually hurt to try! And, no one is saying kick Cam completely out of the lineup.
Simple things like this give credence to me never accepting "trust the staff".

For the 1,349th time, reduce Cam Mccormick's snaps from 71 (93%!) to about 40 snaps.

"But, Lu, we had a True Frosh QB and needed to establish the run."

- You can do that out of 4WR and WITH Smith in the backfield for anywhere from 6-8 plays/game
- You can run 4WR for the "extra 30" snaps in a game with 76 snaps.
- Within that 4WR, here are potential personnel groups:

(a) Brashard (RB), Young (SE), Ray Ray (slot), Restrepo (slot), George (X)
(b) Traditional RB, Young (SE), Brashard (slot), Restrepo (slot), George (X)
(c) Traditional RB, Young (SE), George (slot), Restrepo (slot), Horton (X).

Depending on the defensive adjustment, you can still run your IZ plays, and I'd love to see Brashard attempt some of those runs to the C gap.

I promise it won't actually hurt to try! And, no one is saying kick Cam completely out of the lineup.
Mc Cormick's been getting the most snaps of any skill player even when TVD was healthy. This is TE U now.

JHH is playing like a man possessed , he’s earned starters reps along LT and Deen. He’s taken an enormous jump. One of the more shocking improvements I’ve seen.

Deen is working his way back still. Messidor‘s issue is still lingering. At this point I’d think
about calling it a day with him and getting him a medical shirt. Him and Bain would be amazing next year. Mesidor won’t be the one eating doubles and chips anymore. If our guys pulled a Fsu and all returned it would be our best team in years.
Would be the Acc favorite at minimum with TVD back

Advertisement
Mesidor has another year of eligibility either way. Not playing ensures he's not leaving for the draft. Not even sure he'd be going anywhere only playing in 6-7 games this year if he played in every game the rest of the year.

Need him back to close out the season on a high note and then come back for next year and we'd probably be the cream of the crop in the ACC with Mesidor, JW, Kam, Rivers, etc all returning. Even guys like Harvey and JHH can come back if they want.

Mesidor has another year of eligibility either way. Not playing ensures he's not leaving for the draft. Not even sure he'd be going anywhere only playing in 6-7 games this year if he played in every game the rest of the year.

Need him back to close out the season on a high note and then come back for next year and we'd probably be the cream of the crop in the ACC with Mesidor, JW, Kam, Rivers, etc all returning. Even guys like Harvey and JHH can come back if they want.
For some reason I thought he was a Sr. Maybe because he was all but gone after this year before the injury.

I’m starting to have doubts about him returning , It sounded like he’s be back at some point but he didn’t look like he was moving that well a couple weeks ago. Rivers would be a nice surprise if he returned.

JHH is playing like a man possessed , he’s earned starters reps along LT and Deen. He’s taken an enormous jump. One of the more shocking improvements I’ve seen.
+1

He is playing very well. There was one play (hard to see from my vantage point) where he lunged into the backfield and fully extended his body to disrupt a handoff, which allowed a teammate to make the tackle. His performance and effort doesn’t always show up in the stat line, but he has been very good this year.

If (big “if”) we get Mesidor and Taylor back next year then our DL (and the D overall) will be the strength of the team. Mesidor and Bain at ends. Taylor and the ‘Bama transfer at tackle. All 3 LBs return with both Kam and Williams holding down the safety spots. There’s also quality depth on the DL, LB and safety positions too.

Just need to shore up corner and that is our best D (on paper) in quite some time.

For some reason I thought he was a Sr. Maybe because he was all but gone after this year before the injury.

I’m starting to have doubts about him returning , It sounded like he’s be back at some point but he didn’t look like he was moving that well a couple weeks ago. Rivers would be a nice surprise if he returned.
If he has taken snaps at C and is capable, I’d love to see him slide in and have McCoy or Samson out there.

Advertisement

Do we think Tyler is 100% gone?

Do you see guys like Mesidor and JHH coming back next year? What about someone like JW? Would love for some of these borderline guys to come back for once and give miami that veteran team. I imagine Cohen, Lee, Kam and LT are guaranteed gone. But it feels like Miami has a ton of maybes. It they can get back the majority of them it could be a really promising season in 24

Do you see guys like Mesidor and JHH coming back next year? What about someone like JW? Would love for some of these borderline guys to come back for once and give miami that veteran team. I imagine Cohen, Lee, Kam and LT are guaranteed gone. But it feels like Miami has a ton of maybes. It they can get back the majority of them it could be a really promising season in 24
Kam and JW need to come back badly. They are nowhere near ready. Tbh Taylor needs to come back too. Maybe they can learn something from FSU. A lot of their best guys returned , Verse would’ve been gone by the 2-3 round at the latest. Now he’s a first rounder. It would be a nice trend to start versus the normal guys leaving and not living up to what the agents told them. JW could maybe out more film out at LB or closer to the los. No chance he’s a safety at the next level.

Nil should help with guys coming back.

Advertisement
Do we think Tyler is 100% gone?
If i had to say I’d say yes. But look at Jordan Travis , he helped himself so much by returning. He likely gets drafted at a decent spot and hangs around the league now. I hate using the Noles as an example but look at where they are just because older guys returned. And we have much better younger talent than them. Next year could be huge.

Last edited:

Mario better lasso JHH.

Advertisement
Back