2023 Snap Counts

It feels like on defense, we have ramped up those RPMs. I hope we can make it till the end of the season at this pace in snaps for the starters.

Cars Steering GIF by Namaste Car

Advertisement
I really thought having 10 personnel with BS as the 4th WR would help this O. It actually hurt it. I still would like to see BS get more snaps, more pre-snap motion out of the slot, more runs by BS...

Dawson vs the zone isn't looking great and TVD forcing into coverage compounds things.
Did you get a snap count for these? We started the game with 4WR. Went three and out. We went to 4WR a couple more times I counted. Even had Brashard at RB with 4WRs for what felt like a play or two. It felt a lot like dipping our toes in the water with zero commitment to the swim, but I don't have snap counts for it. Curious.

Did you get a snap count for these? We started the game with 4WR. Went three and out. We went to 4WR a couple more times I counted. Even had Brashard at RB with 4WRs for what felt like a play or two. It felt a lot like dipping our toes in the water with zero commitment to the swim, but I don't have snap counts for it. Curious.

I don't have the snap counts for personnel groupings. Does PFF or another site offer those stats as I'm willing to pay for good stats?

The two INTs were 10 personnel if BS is always counted as a WR. For the X, BS motioned out of the backfield into the flat with TVD under throwing X by 5 yards. For the BS (int), TVD threw it almost a second late and could have killed BS if it wasn't underthrown.

For the X INT, TVD clearly could have hit BS or Fletcher in the flats for 5 yard+ gains on 1st and 10. X was also open but he threw it inside and behind him instead of outside and leading him. Maybe TVD was concerned the corner would break off the other WR?

I don't have the snap counts for personnel groupings. Does PFF or another site offer those stats as I'm willing to pay for good stats?

The two INTs were 10 personnel if BS is always counted as a WR. For the X, BS motioned out of the backfield into the flat with TVD under throwing X by 5 yards. For the BS (int), TVD threw it almost a second late and could have killed BS if it wasn't underthrown.

For the X INT, TVD clearly could have hit BS or Fletcher in the flats for 5 yard+ gains on 1st and 10. X was also open but he threw it inside and behind him instead of outside and leading him. Maybe TVD was concerned the corner would break off the other WR?
The INT down our sideline to X was coming at my endzone. That was just not a good throw. To me, that one was evidence that something is wrong with TVD's torque. Either a knee or a rib or something, because there was nothing on that ball AND it was inside.

I'd really like for us to commit to at least a half of 10 personnel - 6 or so plays of 10 personnel with Brashard in the backfield and maybe Ray Ray in the slot - and RUN THE BALL. I'd love to see some statistics where Mark Fletcher and the OL face 6 man boxes. Of course, we'd have to throw a few passes down the hash or the like to get a respectable post-snap coverage, but who knows, that might work, too.

Advertisement
I want to see a lot more pre-snap motion against NCSt. They mix it up on D (man/zone) so let TVD know what they are going to run with some pre-snap reads. Don't reset after the motion or it will allow NCSt to change the call.

As others have pointed out, the sets are starting to get too bunched so even if we are in 10 personnel it will allow the DBs and LBs to help with run support when they are in zone.

Would like to see snaps where Brashard was just a decoy in motion also and last in progression.. Seemed they just put him in to be a decoy majority of time..

He was WIDE open in the flat when TVD threw the X int. I mean 10-15 yards along with Fletcher in the other flat.

Personally, TVD is lazy with his eyes. Doesn't find open guys quickly and throws late vs quickly. Dawson for his part makes has put the checkdown on the other side of the field on a number of plays vs the center of the field allowing for quicker reads and a dump off to the RB/TE.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back