2023 Roster aka ROOSTER has been updated

Dead horse beatmeat: "remember when special teams would change games" = when our Fresh/Soph were faster than players from other teams.

Not sure if Mr Magoo or Mustafa Malificient is going to change anything, but there will be a noticeable difference with speed (after bourbon and more CIS koolaid).

Advertisement
This new rooster should denote who wears a shoulder brace during practice and on Saturdays.

Advertisement
Some random thoughts:

Our running backs are a little small but I like the room a lot, but Mark Fletcher is a grown *** man. 6-2 225 freshman with great feet? He’s gonna have a bigger impact immediately than I expected. Also didn’t know Chris Johnson was 6-0. Bodes well for the future as he fills out because his speed is absurd. We get Citizen back and that room is going to be elite very quickly.

I was tooling around on SMU's fan site just to see how all our transfers are doing, and did you know Knighton is 1st team all AAC in the preseason poll? Those guys are ecstatic to have him. I think he would have been 5th string only ahead of Johnson and injured Citizen here.

This [Cyrus Moss] is the one that matters most. Not enough.

Yeah, not enough still. He's taller than thinner than every one of our new LBs lol. ... But I could see him being huge on STs, in on some packages, and definitely coming in during scrub time in 2nd Halves / 4th Quarters, assuming we actually have games where we're up by 2 TDs this year.

I was tooling around on SMU's fan site just to see how all our transfers are doing, and did you know Knighton is 1st team all AAC in the preseason poll? Those guys are ecstatic to have him. I think he would have been 5th string only ahead of Johnson and injured Citizen here.
He will probably have a really nice season for them. Good fit with Lashlee. Not even sure what Gattis was trying to do with him last year but that goes without saying

I like how Cyrus Moss is 215 but some people still think he's under 200.

I really can’t see this kid getting on the field as a DE

People compare him to Greg Rousseau, but GR was up to like 250 pretty quickly from what u remember

Advertisement
- True Freshman Damari Brown weighs ten more pounds than his brother? He has better feet, too. That should be interesting.

- Restrepo and Brashard Smith are near 200 pounds, huh?

- Our 2-deep DL looks sturdy, but sleek. I expect a lot of slanting:

Kelly (250)/ Harvey (250)
Taylor (305)/Hunte (285)
Deen (280)/Moten (325)
Mesidor (280)/Bain (275)

- The true Frosh LBs are f'in monsters: Bobby Washington (220), Malik Bryant (225), Popo Aguirre (233, cot****), Marcelluis Pulliam (230).

- Another shoutout to 6' 6" 340 Tommy Kinsler. Won't be understated much longer.
Damari is a big corner already with reported skill to match

He will probably have a really nice season for them. Good fit with Lashlee. Not even sure what Gattis was trying to do with him last year but that goes without saying
Gattis seemed horrified to get guys into space and instead ran a 185 tailbacks into the back of our line.

I really can’t see this kid getting on the field as a DE

People compare him to Greg Rousseau, but GR was up to like 250 pretty quickly from what u remember
How big was javon nanton when he was just a pass rusher? I remember him being really light early in his career but could get to the qb.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back