2023 Recruiting

Advertisement

MARVELL ALLEN, G

A four-star guard who already ranks among the top 50 in the class of 2023, Marvel Allen easily backed up his status while I watched him playing for Each 1 Teach 1’s 16U squad. Put him at the point, put him at the two, it doesn’t matter. Allen is a 6-foot-4 guard who can do a lot of things that don’t show up in the box score, but at the end of the day he gets buckets from all levels on the offensive end. He said that he’s planning to visit Stanford unofficially during June.

Advertisement
what exactly is Overtime - is this like the club teams in Europe
It's similar to the youth club teams in other countries, but with a little more juice. From what I understand, the league will be comprised of approximately 30 high school players that will play against each other, and other prep teams domestically and internationally. In addition, a schooling component is added. Kids will attend classes and the plan is to have them earn their HS diploma by the time they leave the league. In the event a player doesn't have the opportunity to play pro ball, money (approx $100k) is set aside for each player as a college fund.

By the way, it's just been announced that the Thompson twins will be joining the Overtime Elite league as well.

Last edited:
what exactly is Overtime - is this like the club teams in Europe
Seems like there is still some fluidity with Overtime Elite. I'm now hearing they may be looking to sign just enough players to field one team. Seems like the plan is to have their team play other prep teams in the states and other similarly aged youth teams internationally. Also, can't believe I'm hearing some of the kids are turning down big money (more than $600k per year) that's being offered to them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

In fairness to the staff, they had a lot of official and unofficial visitors on campus today.
That is a positive.

Really good to see. I guess we didn’t know because we seem to keep things very tight lipped compared to other schools. Or because the media coverage around this program is virtually non existent.

Advertisement
Back