2023 Recruiting

Advertisement
Am I missing something? Why didn't he have more offers from other D1 schools? He seems like a good enough player averaging 17pts 10 reb in FL. His size alone makes him interesting as a shooter, he seems to have the basic ability to score everywhere but he just needs to work on his body a lot, which is perfect because he will probably be a RS. Great pickup imo, won't have to play the season unless something catastrophic happens injury wise, but even if it does he's still a better option than putting a walk on out there.

Am I missing something? Why didn't he have more offers from other D1 schools? He seems like a good enough player averaging 17pts 10 reb in FL. His size alone makes him interesting as a shooter, he seems to have the basic ability to score everywhere but he just needs to work on his body a lot, which is perfect because he will probably be a RS. Great pickup imo, won't have to play the season unless something catastrophic happens injury wise, but even if it does he's still a better option than putting a walk on out there.
Any other era Djobet would be a high major prospect. Being where recruiting is today with covid, transfer portal, etc. Djobet like many other top prospects are left pretty much fending for themselves. It doesn't help matters that Djobet has been to 3 different high schools in the last 3 years. From what I understand there were some college coaches that were hesitant to recruit Djobet because the talk was that he'd end up at Chicago State. His HS coach's younger brother is the head coach there and some may have ASSumed as such. The Miami staff has been on him for a while and I'm guessing with some of the recent unexpected departures, Coach L offered and Djobet didn't hesitate. I'd be very surprised if Djobet plays any meaningful minutes in year 1. I'm in agreement with some here that a year developing his game and body will do him good.

Last edited:
Oui. The type of kid who will develop under Larranaga. Nice pick up for sure.
Wonder how he evaluates right now compared to Kyshawn George? Ball handling, shooting (sounds like a catch and shoot guy right now), rebounding, defense. Same size, same position as George???

Advertisement
Wonder how he evaluates right now compared to Kyshawn George? Ball handling, shooting (sounds like a catch and shoot guy right now), rebounding, defense. Same size, same position as George???
This kid looks more like a slasher. George played well against adults. This kid played against boys. I like his length and athleticism. Needs some time in the weight room. I hope he has patience because he is the type of player Jim wants and develops successfully.

The Good: Adding another player to the roster.
The Bad: Coach L playing freshman
The Ugly: Potential to transfer if he doesn't play more than 15 games.

Feels more and more like a rebuild!

Advertisement

I wanted to jump into the substance and ask you how many players you think will make the rotation… and how you would consider returning 4 of our top 6 and adding an elite transfer…

But that would be a complete waste of time.

It is kind of entertaining, however, to watch you be completely wrong about… almost everything.

Advertisement

A rebuild because a true freshman, the 11th man on the roster on 23/24, needs a year in the weight? Newsflash, every program is vulnerable to the portal, UConn included. This is such a silly take. George and Nwoko are going to play a lot this year.

Would you stop it already? 😂 Yes, George and Nwoko are going to play.

If Nwoko had a 5th star next to his name we’d all be saying he’s must see tv super star freshman that should split time with Omier.

He may not have a 5th star but he just played against many of the top talents in the country and objectively dominated.

George avg’d 20ppg against older, professional basketball players. Not kids on some circus show travel team. He is a legit addition to this rotation and probably part of the reason we didn’t land Spencer.

I’ll take real life examples over whatever fantasy you’re playing out in your head.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back