2023 Recruiting

Advertisement
This guy is going to get called for a lot of travels lol.

But I think he's going to be really good by the time he leaves.
Definitely looks like he traveled in a couple of the highlights. I'm sure staff will get that fixed by the time he gets on the floor with Miami. Good footwork, just a little happy feet. Don't think there's too much to worry about.

Advertisement

A lot of incest here, Gerald Gillion is the Chi-State HC, he is also the brother of Breakdown coach Kenny Gillion who convinced Wesley Cardet to play for Gerald at Chi-State after pulling out of the NBA draft. Not sure how the Bewley's are eligible if they got paid while playing in the OTE

A lot of incest here, Gerald Gillion is the Chi-State HC, he is also the brother of Breakdown coach Kenny Gillion who convinced Wesley Cardet to play for Gerald at Chi-State after pulling out of the NBA draft. Not sure how the Bewley's are eligible if they got paid while playing in the OTE

I heard their payments were escrowed so technically, they didn't get paid yet.

Cardet is part of the Gillion clan. He's their nephew. Cardet initially signed with Samford while Gerald was an AC there. He played his freshman year there but once Gerald became the HC at Chi St., Cardet chose to follow him there.

The Bewley's going to Chi St. is a head scratcher for me. Great get for Chi St. but not sure how they become eligible. I'm guessing NIL has something to do with it.

Anyone else just a tad concerned about going into the new season with 11 scholarship players?

Advertisement
Anyone else just a tad concerned about going into the new season with 11 scholarship players?
I raised this a few weeks ago. I would have loved to get 1 more guy but we should have 11 ready to play guys instead of last year where we had maybe 8-9 guys who could get meaningful minutes.

I raised this a few weeks ago. I would have loved to get 1 more guy but we should have 11 ready to play guys instead of last year where we had maybe 8-9 guys who could get meaningful minutes.
Recruiting is going so well right now that it may be best to have more open scholarships to offer, but I do think the staff may have been caught off guard by the exits of Jovovich, Aire, Beverly, Walker. We should be fine with 11 players but it was nice to have the full compliment in 2022-2023.

Recruiting is going so well right now that it may be best to have more open scholarships to offer, but I do think the staff may have been caught off guard by the exits of Jovovich, Aire, Beverly, Walker. We should be fine with 11 players but it was nice to have the full compliment in 2022-2023.
Right I think at least two of those guys would have stayed out. I’m scarred by past seasons with injuries and being short on guys so that’s why I wanted to get at least 12 guys this year.

Next year will be interesting because we have 2 spots open and guys like Omier, Pack, Wooga, and Cleveland could all leave with good seasons.

I thought we needed a legit bigman so we dont end up like last year where Omier cant even play defense in premier games to avoid foul trouble but didnt seem like priority so why would I stress it.. We know what it is, just hope we can avoid that one game in tourney where it matters..

Advertisement
Right I think at least two of those guys would have stayed out. I’m scarred by past seasons with injuries and being short on guys so that’s why I wanted to get at least 12 guys this year.

Next year will be interesting because we have 2 spots open and guys like Omier, Pack, Wooga, and Cleveland could all leave with good seasons.

You can't bring in two randoms to fill roster spots and still have this year's class. We're in trouble if we're looking for the 12th and 13th players to contribute, so in my opinion, you roll with it and hope for the best. Nowadays, those 12th and 13th guys on the bench are more likely to transfer than stick around anyway.

One can also argue that players have committed this year because they see a more accessible path to playing time because of those two open spots.

We had 13 last year and guys like Aire, Jakai, and Danilo (redshirt iirc) barely saw the court.

Guys aren’t coming here to sit on the bench. Especially in the days of the portal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back