2023 2023 (Reclassified) 5* Desmond Ricks

Advertisement
Obviously you take Ricks if he wants in, but does Damari still come? How about Jakeem? I'd take all four I'm very selfish especially if iteans Florida and FSU suffer.
everyone GIF

Advertisement
So has Ricks indicated in any way that he's interested, or is this just wishful thinking? And for the record, I thought Cormani was the latter but I was obviously wrong.

Yes he's expressed interest in Miami before

And he retweeted this:

He also follows a buck of Canes recruits as well as John Ruiz himself on Twitter, which I thought was funny.

I think Starke is one of the bigger towns between Hogtown and Jacksonville (going up the 301). Now, Raiford is small.

The one that was always a ball-buster was Lawtey, in between Stark and Jacksonville (population was around 600 when I was living up there). There was some cop there who set up a speed trap on 301 that would have made Roscoe P. Coltrane and Boss Hogg proud. He had the world record for longest-serving police chief (52 years, no joke) before they finally got rid of him.

It was so bad that AAA issued a warning to its members to avoid Lawtey as a speed trap (they had also labeled Waldo and Hampton to the south of Starke as speed traps).
Waldo was the bad speed trap. It was nationally known for it. In between Gainesville and Hampton. Very close to Starke. The town survived on tickets, for real …..tickets lol. It paid the bills.

One day I picked a lady friend up from the Jax Airport and on the way back I said “ I better slow it down here this is a big speed trap“, she thought I was joking. When heading through the middle of Waldo my Jordan slide got caught in the clutch and I swerved one time , a couple seconds …..you guessed it , blue lights lol. I was like “ you thought this was a joke ”?.

Years later they closed the police station down there and it’s turned into the wild , wild , west. Everyone does 70 - 80 mph though there lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think Starke is one of the bigger towns between Hogtown and Jacksonville (going up the 301). Now, Raiford is small.

The one that was always a ball-buster was Lawtey, in between Stark and Jacksonville (population was around 600 when I was living up there). There was some cop there who set up a speed trap on 301 that would have made Roscoe P. Coltrane and Boss Hogg proud. He had the world record for longest-serving police chief (52 years, no joke) before they finally got rid of him.

It was so bad that AAA issued a warning to its members to avoid Lawtey as a speed trap (they had also labeled Waldo and Hampton to the south of Starke as speed traps).
He ain’t lying…

Waldo was the bad speed trap. It was nationally known for it. In between Gainesville and Hampton. Very close to Starke. The town survived on tickets, for real …..tickets lol. It paid the bills.

One day I picked a lady friend up from the Jax Airport and on the way back I said “ I better slow it down here this is a big speed trap“, she thought I was joking. When heading through the middle of Waldo my Jordan slide got caught in the clutch and I swerved one time , a couple seconds …..you guessed it , later blue lights lol. I was like “ you thought this was a joke ”?.

Years later they closed the police station down there and it’s turned into the wild , wild , west. Everyone does 70 - 80 mph though there lol.

Yeah, and I think Hampton had less than a half-mile stretch of 301, and they wrote an unbelievable number of tickets. Hampton was the town that was threatened with a complete shutdown and de-incorporation, either the feds or the state found out the ticket revenue was being used corruptly or some such nonsense.

Waldo was bigger, so sometimes I'd be thinking "OK, I got lucky there", and then I'd see another cop in a quarter mile. Lawtey was only one stoplight (back in the 1990s), thank god.

All those towns were terrible to drive through. When I was in the tax law program at UiF, I also taught for Princeton Review, and I had to go up to Bolles and a few other places in Jax to train new instructors and "substitute teach" some classes when other instructors had issues. Otherwise, I just taught LSAT and GMAT in the downtown Hogtown location.

The Tench family (parents of Benmont Tench, the keyboard player for the Heartbreakers) were the owners/landlords of our Princeton Review office on W. University Avenue. I think the bulding has been torn down since then, we used to be located a block east of the (old) Miami Subs building.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What are the odds of damari brown and desmond ricks? think those two along wtih cormani would be our best defensive haul in forever

Advertisement
Back