2023 2023 (Reclassified) 5* Desmond Ricks

Wiltfong spoke to Ricks last night at Vegas 7v7 event.

Ricks says 3 programs are standing out early for him: Miami, Bama and LSU

Regarding the Hurricanes. “It’s just a family like place. I just feel like a real need there. Coach Cristobal and Coach Addae, I really like Coach Addae’s teaching type. We were up on the board going over play calls and stuff.”

“Bama is Bama. T-Rob (Travaris Robinson) was recruiting me hard when he was at Miami and he’s still doing that and I have much love for Coach Saban.”

Regarding the Tigers: “It’s the DB legacy there man, I really love it. Learning more about that. The new staff is good people. I like Coach Kelly and Coach Steeples. Coach Steeples is really easy to talk to I feel like.”

Advertisement
From On3

“There has been a lot of buzz around the Hurricanes coming off his first visit to Coral Gables. His family is now in the middle of moving to Florida too, so that only helps the schools in the Sunshine State.
Alabama was viewed as the favorite earlier this spring, but the Hurricanes made a significant move recently.”

Advertisement
From On3

“There has been a lot of buzz around the Hurricanes coming off his first visit to Coral Gables. His family is now in the middle of moving to Florida too, so that only helps the schools in the Sunshine State.
Alabama was viewed as the favorite earlier this spring, but the Hurricanes made a significant move recently.”
I winder where in FL they are moving?

Advertisement
Basically equidistant from UF and UM. Probably makes it even worse for FSU honestly lol

Advertisement
LCE...agree with the overall premise of your post (above)...but we all need to change our perspective on development going forward. Miami now has an amazing new staff (incredibly deep & experienced on defense). Plus, input from a HOF/greatest ever at the Safety position (plus a HOF on the DL). We should clearly get back to developing players at a super high level going forward. Nobody used to develop players like we did. The Russell Maryland types were developed at the U and went from relative unknown to #1 pick in the draft (THE #1 pick overall not just a first round pick). Plus, we had more players in the NFL than anyone else...and most of them produced at a really high level in the NFL. We had stars in the NFL (not just a large number of role players). Our players shined at the next level.

It's a new day. Let's all forget the last few coaches we've had and rid ourselves of the mindset that we don't develop players at the same level as those other two h!@k schools you mentioned in your post. WITH THIS NEW STAFF (great defensive minds and new S&C coach) plus HOFers readily available to share their valuable insights on what it takes to succeed at the highest level, we will develop players better than anyone else going forward.
It has to happen first before I’ll assume it just will...

Whether I believe it or not doesn’t actually make it happen before it actually happens.

I’m not a person that has Blind faith in things, I need evidence first.

I get what you’re saying & where you’re coming from & in theory you’re probably right, but by nature for me personally I’m a critical thinker & I tend not to take leaps of faith assuming I’ll sprout wings in mid-air 🤷🏽‍♂️ Lol

His teammate and fellow 5* CB Ellis Robinson IV included us in his top 10 he released today and says us, UGA, and Bama stand out right now.

Obviously long way to go and no point in even paying attention to him or Ricks right now IMO lol, but good to see we have made an impact thus far.

From On3

I like what I see
boner.gif

Advertisement
His teammate and fellow 5* CB Ellis Robinson IV included us in his top 10 he released today and says us, UGA, and Bama stand out right now.

Obviously long way to go and no point in even paying attention to him or Ricks right now IMO lol, but good to see we have made an impact thus far.
Mentioned in the top 3 making headway with both of these guys sounds very encouraging. And we have also had Charles Lester visit this spring (#4 corner). Maybe we can break our corner curse after all

Advertisement
Back