2023 2023 OL Madden Sanker receives offer

With the news on Mauigoa not trending with us and now Sanker looking at UL, what does our board look like? I was pretty convinced OL recruiting would be locked down with Mario and Maribel, but probably not until next year. Regardless, we need about 6 guys
Kirkland, Okunlola, Alinen, Freeling all still in play. I’m sure a few others we don’t know about will pop up as well

Advertisement
How could you as Sanker look at Louisville OL coach, and Miami OL coach/HC and think hmmm for some extra NIL money I will put my long term career on the line and go to Louisville over Miami?

Like if a WR like Innis thinks I'm going to a place that develops WR as good as anyone, that's a legit reason. I'm sure NIL is involved with Taint, they are dirty too.

Still we can all see why a WR would go to Ohio State. I just can't see any legit prospect especially an OL go to Louisville. Also Arkansas with Sam Pittman? Turning them down for LVille ha.

Advertisement
How could you as Sanker look at Louisville OL coach, and Miami OL coach/HC and think hmmm for some extra NIL money I will put my long term career on the line and go to Louisville over Miami?

Like if a WR like Innis thinks I'm going to a place that develops WR as good as anyone, that's a legit reason. I'm sure NIL is involved with Taint, they are dirty too.

Still we can all see why a WR would go to Ohio State. I just can't see any legit prospect especially an OL go to Louisville. Also Arkansas with Sam Pittman? Turning them down for LVille ha.

What's happening is U of L is selling that they recently put several olinemen in the NFL. But that was under former OL coach Jack Bicknell who is now at UNC. U of L replaced him with 3rd year oline coach Nic Cardwell from App State.

When you compare development resumes of UM vs U of L current staffers then it is a UM descision no question. But that official visit high is still fresh for Sanker. Let's see what happens after he visits UM.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is getting crazy.

I'm still holding out of being legit worried unless they pull Joseph out our backyard (I'm talking NLI signature, not a June/July commitment).

Overall though, might be the unpopular opinion but I like this for college football...if nothing else it will create parity that otherwise was non-existent outside of the top 5 teams or so.

Advertisement
Listened to the interview. I think his recruitment is totally open. We have our work cut out for us. He said Mirabal is probably the best OL teacher in the game and that Mario also coaches the OL. It appears that this kid is very interested in development. He is a very bright kid and very articulate. If we get him we are lucky. Would love to have him as a Center.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back