2023 NFL Combine & Miami Pro Day

This qb class is some sh*t.

Bryce Young is 5'10 195 and there acting like hes the next Drew Brees....they are hyping up a DE that occasionally throws...and praying Levis is the next Scott Mitchell....

its bad when a kid from Shepherd College or whatever the f that is doesnt look out of place.
Levis is Scott Mitchell is a take I am stealing.

I've seen Bagent play on Youtube a few times. He could have played D1 this year, but chose to stay at Shepherd. He's not bad. Definitely draftable and rosterable. Probably more of a backup.

This QB class is interesting, but glad my team doesn't have to sift through them and pick one. It doesn't look as if there is a guy that becomes a Top 10 NFL QB from the group...but got some possible mid-tier starters I guess...but Josh Allen is great and most everyone thought he stunk. Maybe one of these guys got a latent rottweiler in'em that we just don't know about yet.

I'd draft Anthony Richardson in Madden. Y'all would, too. Man is a Madden Generated Rookie, complete with the 65 THA.

Advertisement
I think stroud is the safest pick..Im high on bryce ability but i fear his height can limit his game and he doesn’t have arm talent like russ or kyler to work around it, drew brees is an outlier i dont factor him in for modern short qbs lol
sAME THING I SAID.

And he aint have to deal with those 2 had to with having to scramble ...no clean pockets..and high elite skill positions.

I couldnt make that pick with a small dude with an avg arm...and banking on him being a "leader" and film guy....yeeeeeaaa so is Chase Daniel.

Levis is Scott Mitchell is a take I am stealing.

I've seen Bagent play on Youtube a few times. He could have played D1 this year, but chose to stay at Shepherd. He's not bad. Definitely draftable and rosterable. Probably more of a backup.

This QB class is interesting, but glad my team doesn't have to sift through them and pick one. It doesn't look as if there is a guy that becomes a Top 10 NFL QB from the group...but got some possible mid-tier starters I guess...but Josh Allen is great and most everyone thought he stunk. Maybe one of these guys got a latent rottweiler in'em that we just don't know about yet.

I'd draft Anthony Richardson in Madden. Y'all would, too. Man is a Madden Generated Rookie, complete with the 65 THA.
boy go into the wez and draft a team...

https://westendzone.com/index.php?threads/2023-wez-nfl-mock-draft.176545/#post-7751180
Join our wez mock draft for this years class..pick a team and show ya draft skills we have a few teams still available..need your help

I like the Shepherd kid as a sleeper.

Advertisement
Stroud looks like the best QB to me. What's wrong with him aside from his helmet?

He's not Mahomes off platform but he doesn't look like a stiff, either.
i think Stroud is low ceiling unless he is a genius at breaking down defenses, which you dont really get to see in his ohio state highlights. i see Drew Lock.

I’m not a Jags fan, but I would assume OL or Pass rush may be in need just as much as Corner.

But again, I’m not a Jags fan so idk. @BoxingRobes would probably be able to give you a better assessment of what the Jags might do with that pick at 24.
Saw this and never responded. my b.

The needs going into the draft seem pretty clear cut.

OL, inside-outside DL, CB...and I think they'd want to come out of the draft with a TE before their 5th pick.

Still need to see how the rest of the offseason goes, but think OL is the smartest move for R1 after losing Jawaan Taylor in free agency. Just not sure who fits in the 20s at this point (that or corner) OCyrus Torrence seems like a fit (Day 1 starter at LG), big human, athletic enough I guess...akin to a Brandon Brooks that was good in Philly...Doug Pederson thought a player like that was key to the success of the OL...does Torrence have that nasty demeanor and personality type that Pederson likes? idk, I never coached him. Can see some of these other southeast OL prospects in the mix, too. Darnell Taylor, Broderick Jones...they've also looked at (currently a Day 3 projection) McClendon Curtis from Chattanooga and he's a massive person. Dawand Jones another massive human and Paris Johnson are surely persons of interest to at least scout as fits for this team. I think they met with Asim Richards from UNC and Warren McClendon from UGA, too. 6'4", big hands, long arms.

They need to replace Arden Key and maybe/probably Dawane Smoot, so inside-outside DL that can provide some pass rusher are on the board, too and it seems that is where they are looking. They've sent Brenston Buckner to workout Keion White from Georgia Tech and Zacch Pickens from South Carolina. Two southeast players (check) with 34+ inch arms (check) that can play inside-outside (check)...look for guys like that. Luke Van Ness and Zach Harrison qualify, too, but not from the SE so, ymmv. Mazi Smith is another guy they are looking at, but more as a NT type. They had 1on1 with him at the combine and again at the Pro Day. IMO, the biggest NEED for Jacksonville was the shore up the interior of the defense...anytime a team REALLY wanted to run, they could with ease on Jacksonville up the middle. Outside the tackles was a lot more difficult. Between the tackles was tough to watch. Before the team went on a run and into the playoffs, thought they were in play for a Jalen Carter...would think if they trade up for anyone, that'd be a target.

Guys like Luke Musgrave and Tucker Kraft just look like dudes that Doug Pederson would love. Zach Ertz/Dallas Goeddert types. They have a need for a TE that can maybe be a TE1. Need to see what Engram does this year and if they get him signed up long term, but they still need a guy that can play on the line.

As for corner...they sent the DB coach to South Carolina to see Cam Smith...and I am 100% sure they love Kelee Ringo for obvious reasons. If he's there, that'd be tough for this team to pass on, I'd assume.

Day 3 RBs, Sharpe from Tulane, Tank Bigsby from AUB, McBride from UAB and a few others been checked out so far.

Just watch the visits and know the tendencies. Its a good trick to figure out what teams are looking for...don't look at the mocks. You'll realize quickly who your team is really looking at.

This seems like the type of draft that - for the Jaguars - might benefit from a trade DOWN and grab need BAPs on nice rookie deals. You've got to get 3 contributors in this draft - one on the OL, DL, CB...you need to get another DL and TE when you look forward.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Saw this and never responded. my b.

The needs going into the draft seem pretty clear cut.

OL, inside-outside DL, CB...and I think they'd want to come out of the draft with a TE before their 5th pick.

Still need to see how the rest of the offseason goes, but think OL is the smartest move for R1 after losing Jawaan Taylor in free agency. Just not sure who fits in the 20s at this point (that or corner) OCyrus Torrence seems like a fit (Day 1 starter at LG), big human, athletic enough I guess...akin to a Brandon Brooks that was good in Philly...Doug Pederson thought a player like that was key to the success of the OL...does Torrence have that nasty demeanor and personality type that Pederson likes? idk, I never coached him. Can see some of these other southeast OL prospects in the mix, too. Darnell Taylor, Broderick Jones...they've also looked at (currently a Day 3 projection) McClendon Curtis from Chattanooga and he's a massive person. Dawand Jones another massive human and Paris Johnson are surely persons of interest to at least scout as fits for this team. I think they met with Asim Richards from UNC and Warren McClendon from UGA, too. 6'4", big hands, long arms.

They need to replace Arden Key and maybe/probably Dawane Smoot, so inside-outside DL that can provide some pass rusher are on the board, too and it seems that is where they are looking. They've sent Brenston Buckner to workout Keion White from Georgia Tech and Zacch Pickens from South Carolina. Two southeast players (check) with 34+ inch arms (check) that can play inside-outside (check)...look for guys like that. Luke Van Ness and Zach Harrison qualify, too, but not from the SE so, ymmv. Mazi Smith is another guy they are looking at, but more as a NT type. They had 1on1 with him at the combine and again at the Pro Day. IMO, the biggest NEED for Jacksonville was the shore up the interior of the defense...anytime a team REALLY wanted to run, they could with ease on Jacksonville up the middle. Outside the tackles was a lot more difficult. Between the tackles was tough to watch. Before the team went on a run and into the playoffs, thought they were in play for a Jalen Carter...would think if they trade up for anyone, that'd be a target.

Guys like Luke Musgrave and Tucker Kraft just look like dudes that Doug Pederson would love. Zach Ertz/Dallas Goeddert types. They have a need for a TE that can maybe be a TE1. Need to see what Engram does this year and if they get him signed up long term, but they still need a guy that can play on the line.

As for corner...they sent the DB coach to South Carolina to see Cam Smith...and I am 100% sure they love Kelee Ringo for obvious reasons. If he's there, that'd be tough for this team to pass on, I'd assume.

Day 3 RBs, Sharpe from Tulane, Tank Bigsby from AUB, McBride from UAB and a few others been checked out so far.

Just watch the visits and know the tendencies. Its a good trick to figure out what teams are looking for...don't look at the mocks. You'll realize quickly who your team is really looking at.

This seems like the type of draft that - for the Jaguars - might benefit from a trade DOWN and grab need BAPs on nice rookie deals. You've got to get 3 contributors in this draft - one on the OL, DL, CB...you need to get another DL and TE when you look forward.
I can tell you from conversations I've had and phone calls I've got,they LOVE tyrique. Not sure it's as a corner though. Most of the league seems to like his versatility at db especially when it relates to safety.

I can tell you from conversations I've had and phone calls I've got,they LOVE tyrique. Not sure it's as a corner though. Most of the league seems to like his versatility at db especially when it relates to safety.

They need a nickel DB. Brian Branch...similar physical makeup to former Baalke pick Jimmie Ward...they are scouting hard. Tyrique is bigger...but pretty sure they are looking at him in a similar Nickel/safety hybrid player. He's more athletic than Branch. I'd rather have Tyrique on Day 2 than Branch in R1. Jaguars need pass rush help and OL help.

Advertisement
Back