MLB 2023 MLB Season

Advertisement

Walkoff Win for the Fish Gang! 🐬🐬🐬

Another one-run win! If we still had Donny baseball, we would probably be five games under .500

Jazz is starting to come alive, which is great to see. It would be huge for us if he could get his BA to that 270 range. It starts with plate recognition for him, especially with two strikes he would swing at anything at times.

We are really good at games under four runs being 14-0, it should get us more wins when Cueto comes back healthy and Eury gets called up. Once Cabrera gets better control of his pitches, watch out. I love the style of play we are playing in those wins, too. Arraez is a beast and should be signed in for the long term, like today. He has had knee issues, but with his hitting and the DH in the National League, he can be our Nelson Cruz at worst.

BTW, Nasim Nunez now has two home runs in the minors, matching his minor league career total. It seems he got his weight up which is huge! His defense would be a blessing with our rotation.

Cappe, Watson, and Edwards all continue to hit, too. We finally have some bats in the farm system worth something.

Another one-run win! If we still had Donny baseball, we would probably be five games under .500

Jazz is starting to come alive, which is great to see. It would be huge for us if he could get his BA to that 270 range. It starts with plate recognition for him, especially with two strikes he would swing at anything at times.

We are really good at games under four runs being 14-0, it should get us more wins when Cueto comes back healthy and Eury gets called up. Once Cabrera gets better control of his pitches, watch out. I love the style of play we are playing in those wins, too. Arraez is a beast and should be signed in for the long term, like today. He has had knee issues, but with his hitting and the DH in the National League, he can be our Nelson Cruz at worst.

BTW, Nasim Nunez now has two home runs in the minors, matching his minor league career total. It seems he got his weight up which is huge! His defense would be a blessing with our rotation.

Cappe, Watson, and Edwards all continue to hit, too. We finally have some bats in the farm system worth something.
Agree on all-points.

Jazz reminds me a lot of Tim Anderson, in the first 4 years of his career in the Big Leagues he was an over active hacker at the plate who would swing at pretty much anything, but once he understood the game & figured out how to get on Base, he started hitting at an Elite level. He also started out as a Centerfielder before being moved to SS, although I don’t think we’ll see Jazz ever play Short.

Our Offense is good at generating runs considering we don’t really have a lot of power outside of Soler, so we have to manufacture runs & do a very good job at getting guys home.

Arraez reminds me Luis Castillo with his patience at the plate & ability to hit good pitches, he really doesn’t waste AB’s at all chasing, he forces Pitchers to strike him out or else he’s getting on-Base lol

Nasim has a great arm & is high-level Defensive infielder, if he can even be a 13-15 HR’s guy he’ll be a big time Pro.

I still think we could use a Power Bat at RF, Garcia & Sanchez just don’t have it IMO.

We need to rob the Mets or the Orioles for some of the Power they got down in their Farm clubs, they’re hoarding all of the Hitters lol

Advertisement

8 Home Runs in 5 Innings thus far for the 1st game of the Mexico City series between Padres vs Giants

The ball is flying! Lol

Advertisement

They combined for 11 Home Runs in the 1st game of the Mexico City series.

Really exciting game, unless you’re a Baseball purist lol

Agree on all-points.

Jazz reminds me a lot of Tim Anderson, in the first 4 years of his career in the Big Leagues he was an over active hacker at the plate who would swing at pretty much anything, but once he understood the game & figured out how to get on Base, he started hitting at an Elite level. He also started out as a Centerfielder before being moved to SS, although I don’t think we’ll see Jazz ever play Short.

Our Offense is good at generating runs considering we don’t really have a lot of power outside of Soler, so we have to manufacture runs & do a very good job at getting guys home.

Arraez reminds me Luis Castillo with his patience at the plate & ability to hit good pitches, he really doesn’t waste AB’s at all chasing, he forces Pitchers to strike him out or else he’s getting on-Base lol

Nasim has a great arm & is high-level Defensive infielder, if he can even be a 13-15 HR’s guy he’ll be a big time Pro.

I still think we could use a Power Bat at RF, Garcia & Sanchez just don’t have it IMO.

We need to rob the Mets or the Orioles for some of the Power they got down in their Farm clubs, they’re hoarding all of the Hitters lol

Jazz covers a lot of ground in CF. He has the athletic ability and arm to do well there, but he needs to read the ball better coming off the bat. He's had a few misreads, which is expected with position change, but his legs have helped him from disaster. With time he will get better there. As for the offense, if Jazz can do what Tim Anderson did, I will be very very happy, lol. The potential is there offensively, so I am hopeful.

I agree with Arraez. He is such a good ball player; I love how he plays the game and gives everything in every play. I hope we sign him ASAP! The Twins already signed Pablo Lopez to a long-term deal.

Nasim hitting 13-15 HR would be perfect, heck if he could stay around a .250 BA with his glove, I would be happy.

There is starter potential with Edwards, Watson, Nasim, Mesa, and Cappe. The issue is none are power bats. Aside from Nasim, a wizard with the glove, they all bat for a good BA. We need another power bat, as you mentioned.

We must keep competitive and in the race for a wild card. Come to the trade deadline, we can make our move.

Advertisement

Orioles having a very good season thus far, they’re stacked with young talent.

Padres get the W & take home the series in Mexico City!

The weekend was great for MXC, great energy from the crowd, very good mix of Mexican local fans & American fans of both teams who came to watch the game & other tourists who were already in city & came to enjoy the festivities.

Everything went off without a hitch; the Mexico City market is absolutely a real destination for an expansion team.

Viva la Mexico!

Advertisement
I'm a tiger's fan, you know how miserable that's been lately? We find a way to lose almost every game. I don't even know why I put myself through it every year.

Orioles having a very good season thus far, they’re stacked with young talent.

they're very good so far. Being at all of these games. Tigers are terrible lol. Not a great metric but they are having a good season. Tigers actually had them towards the end of two of the games. They're just terrible and can't hit and when they are hitting, they can't pitch.

First post in this thread...just did enough to hang around. Now the real season starts.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back